General Skepticism
 Sorry no hope for man
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2004 :  07:00:36  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
We can conquer the Seas, both above and below.
We can conquer the sky, predict the weather and fly like lightning.
We can conquer space, both inner and outer.
We can conquer science, physics and the fabric of reality.

We will never conquer the power of stupid people in large groups. Sorry star trek fans.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2004 :  12:51:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message
You got that damned right! I was just cruising through my favourite website, and this is what they say:
quote:
PRAISE GOD,,,,,,,,, we are winning the spiritual war amen amen amen and GO BUSH GO....

lOOKING FORWARD TO THE FUTURE
Well, lady when your environment is all f****d up, your economy is tanked, and maybe some people you know get killed in war, I WILL god-damn remind you of that post, and tell you that it is the future that people like YOU made! Deal with it!

If people are so damn stupid that stopping "gay marriage" is more important than all of that other stuff, then eff them. They deserve what they get!

Sorry about the rest of you guys who get carried along with that insanity whether you like it or not.

And for some more brain-deadness:
quote:
It is a rights issue.

Unfortunately, these people don't see that our rights don't come from our government... they come from our GOD!!

It is only up to our government to ensure that these rights (from God) are respected and enforced.

We do not know that God has denied homosexuality as a matter of morality, He never says in the Bible why it's wrong...just that it is an abomination to Him, end of discussion.

God gave us all rights to freedom, which our government protects, life (which our government is miserably failing to protect), and man/woman marriage, which is currently up for grabs.

I really hate that such an issue is up to the supreme court and not common sense and the people.
Holy **** "Rights come from 'god'? Where in hell does she get that shit? Does she know nothing of your consitution? Ah hell.

here. Note how they don't give a shit about this woman's equal rights, they just pray that she converts!

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Edited by - the_ignored on 11/04/2004 12:54:09
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2004 :  11:38:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Sigh....unfortunately when all that comes to pass, the lady in question will find a way to deny or rationalize her statements.

"We have clear evidence Saddam has WMDs and plans to use them."
"We found evidence Saddam had WMD related program activities."
"Saddam was a bad guy."
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2004 :  11:42:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
How can you even stomach that site, Ignored?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds.