PIPS-PUREINVESTOR.COM (CONT)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

PIPS-PureInvestor

7 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2004 :  16:27:24  Show Profile  Visit PIPS-PureInvestor's Homepage Send PIPS-PureInvestor a Private Message
Greetings,

Since schemes like PIPS-PUREINVESTOR.COM are prime territory for skeptics, and former thread was full, lets keep them coming. (g)

Good luck, Mike

http://PIPS-PureInvestor.com

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2004 :  17:19:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
So, you're not a skeptic?

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2004 :  19:09:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Actually, Mike, I was waiting on a response from you or others in PIPS to what I'd said a couple weeks ago.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2004 :  04:12:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
According to my friend's web site (missing here to keep her anonymous), she pulled out another $1400+. Not going to ask her to verify all these numbers, again, this is the claim, but original investment was $1400 (or so- about $900 in February and $500 in June) and she's pulled out about $4300 so far, give or take a few bucks.

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

Ozt

1 Post

Posted - 11/26/2004 :  19:05:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ozt a Private Message
First I like to thank the fine people here at this forum for a nice 3 hour reading on PIPS, this has surely 100% changed my mind to not invest in PIPS.

Now for this second part I appoligize for my language and the use of capital letters in advance but please mods don't edit me here.

This part is directed at the people already in PIPS, I want to see these 2 things.

1- I want to see an EXACT copy of the contract you signed (minus your personal information you can edit that out)
2- The EXACT information given to you thats only available to members of PIPS thats supposed to be private.

......wait whats that? you can't because its against PIPS rules?

to that I say how are they going to find out?

Just create a new account and post the information here annonymously OR IS IT JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE THE BALLS TO DO SO. no I don't want the promotional crap thats given out already on this forum. I want the hard stuff, STEP UP OR SHUT THE FUCK UP.

again I appoligize but if I wasn't going to do it, no one would.
Go to Top of Page

tw101356
Skeptic Friend

USA
333 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2004 :  21:03:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send tw101356 a Private Message
Welcome to SFN, Ozt.

I'd be very surprised if you ever get to see a contract. You won't see the private information either, but you already know that.

Real investments have prospectuses that you can pore over to see how the investment managers plan to make money.

- TW

- TW
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2004 :  21:06:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
quote:
First I like to thank the fine people here at this forum for a nice 3 hour reading on PIPS, this has surely 100% changed my mind to not invest in PIPS.

Even though I didn't post much on the PIPS, that makes me feel all warm and tingly inside. Thanks for the positive feedback.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2004 :  17:07:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Is it illegal to enter a ponzi-scheme if it can be proven that you knew it was?

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2004 :  22:15:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
Is it illegal to start one?

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

tw101356
Skeptic Friend

USA
333 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2004 :  23:09:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send tw101356 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

I don't know, but even if you did not know it was a Ponzi scheme, you can be sued if you made a profit from it. See end section. It appears that people who profit from a Ponzi schema, whether thay are aware of it's nature or not, may lose more than those who simply lose their investment.

- TW

- TW
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2004 :  09:27:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Ponzi schemes are termed gifting enterprizes and as such, entering one that you know to be one or profiting from one falls under USC Title 18 in the US. Or Canadian Competition Act, Part VI, Section 55.1.

http://assembler.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode18/usc_sup_01_18_10_I_20_61.html

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/c-34/35894.html

The chance in this case has to do with when the Ponzi scheme collapses.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

ktesibios
SFN Regular

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2004 :  13:36:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ktesibios a Private Message
Even if you ignore the possibility that criminal law might have something to say about it, there's another aspect of investing in a Ponzi scheme that prospective suckers ought to remember.

Many of the people who succeeded in pulling their money out of Ponzi's operation during the "run" that brought the whole house of cards down wound up being compelled to return the money to the bankruptcy receivers and take their place among the mass of Ponzi's creditors to wait for their share of the distribution of his remaining assets.

It seems that their racing to get out while the getting was good constituted something called a "voidable preference" in bankruptcy law. This was litigated all the way to the US Supreme Court, which ruled in favor of the receivers.

Ultimately, the marks who were left holding the bag recovered an estimated 37% of their original investment, paid in installments over eight years as the receivers sorted through the wreck.

As elsewhere in life, pulling out in time is no guarantee of safety.

The Charles K. Ponzi Website tells the story in pretty good detail.

"The Republican agenda is to turn the United States into a third-world shithole." -P.Z.Myers
Go to Top of Page

PIPS-PureInvestor

7 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2004 :  17:42:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit PIPS-PureInvestor's Homepage Send PIPS-PureInvestor a Private Message
Interesting,

Here is an easy way to get a due diligence report on PIPS.

Good Luck, Mike

Go to Top of Page

PIPS-PureInvestor

7 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2004 :  17:44:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit PIPS-PureInvestor's Homepage Send PIPS-PureInvestor a Private Message
http://cigars.bravepages.com/pipsrpt.html

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2004 :  22:48:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Mike wrote:
quote:
Here is an easy way to get a due diligence report on PIPS.
Yeah, sure. Some anonymous "Internet Anthropologist" wants $5 for something he/she claims is a "due diligence report." The page itself is a subpage of a site which tries to make money by suggesting that Google is run by idiots.

Also, the page describes Marsden as "teh guiding light for the growth and development of the Pure Investor Group." I have serious doubts about the impartiality of someone who describes the CEO in such glowing terms.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2005 :  21:59:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Sorry to ressurrect such an old thread, but I just found an article titled "The scheme that hopes to turn £1 into £5,000,000,000,000,000" submitted to the SFN's Skeptic Links, but I don't think it belongs there.

Has anybody been keeping track of the PIPS thing? Any sign of it crashing?

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds.