Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2004 :  08:28:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by gtpooh

Just thought I'd let you all know how much I have enjoyed this thread. I posted all the mottos at my website
Hey, you missed mine! I would also suggest combining "America" and "United States" on your list, as they're really the same thing, as far as this thread goes.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2004 :  08:43:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Here's another for ya, gtpooh:

Argentina: Adolf Eichmann abruptly stopped sleeping here!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2004 :  10:22:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
Here's a tasteless one--

Mongolia: Never been hit by a tsunami, never will.
Go to Top of Page

gtpooh

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2004 :  13:24:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit gtpooh's Homepage  Send gtpooh an AOL message  Send gtpooh a Yahoo! Message Send gtpooh a Private Message
Which one did I miss? And, yes, I was thinking about combining them, but it was already a lot of work just to find them and format them. (No, I don't code by hand anymore, but it's still a pain. ) :)

quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

quote:

Just thought I'd let you all know how much I have enjoyed this thread. I posted all the mottos at my website
Hey, you missed mine! I would also suggest combining "America" and "United States" on your list, as they're really the same thing, as far as this thread goes.

Gwenny

Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. YES, is the answer!
Go to Top of Page

gtpooh

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2004 :  13:29:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit gtpooh's Homepage  Send gtpooh an AOL message  Send gtpooh a Yahoo! Message Send gtpooh a Private Message
Okay, added those and one my husband came up with when he was reading them this morning: Spain: The rain also falls on the mountains.

quote:
Originally posted by filthy

Here's another for ya, gtpooh:

Argentina: Adolf Eichmann abruptly stopped sleeping here!

Gwenny

Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. YES, is the answer!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2004 :  13:56:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

Which one did I miss?
America: Love it or love it.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2005 :  20:37:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
Just heard this on the commentary of Family Guy on the DVD:

America: The only country where people die from too much food.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  00:43:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Italy: Whassa matta, you?

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

dv82matt
SFN Regular

760 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  08:28:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send dv82matt a Private Message
Canada: We're bigger, and we're on top.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  10:08:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by dv82matt

Canada: We're bigger, and we're on top.

And your beer is better, too. I'm thinking of a change of residence. The Bay of Fundy is glorius at the change of tides, eh.

Norway: Come for the fun, stay for the lutifisk.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

dv82matt
SFN Regular

760 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  11:37:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send dv82matt a Private Message
quote:
And your beer is better, too. I'm thinking of a change of residence. The Bay of Fundy is glorius at the change of tides, eh.

Ah the Bay of Fundy. Yes tis a glorius beach. Wait... let me get my atlas. Oh... Nova Scotia. Is that still part of Canada? I thought that they were invaded by France when Quebec tried to separate. Which just goes to show that Canadians aren't too smart but they've seemed smarter by comparison over the last 4-5 years.

I'm BC born and raised, and I've never been to the Bay of Fundy. Yes, as you already know, the beer is definitly better.

PS: The west coast is definitly worth a peek if you can handle drastically exaggerated amounts of rain.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  12:21:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by dv82matt

quote:

Ah the Bay of Fundy. Yes tis a glorius beach. Wait... let me get my atlas. Oh... Nova Scotia. Is that still part of Canada? I thought that they were invaded by France when Quebec tried to separate. Which just goes to show that Canadians aren't too smart but they've seemed smarter by comparison over the last 4-5 years.

I'm BC born and raised, and I've never been to the Bay of Fundy. Yes, as you already know, the beer is definitly better.

PS: The west coast is definitly worth a peek if you can handle drastically exaggerated amounts of rain.

Fundy is the fastest beach in the world. When the tide comes in, you'd best have your boogie-shoes on! It's a 30 to 40 foot change depending on the moon. It's really spectacular to see.

Also, they make excellent boudin noir in Quebec and Nova Soctia, and tell great nuefie jokes (how many nuefies does it take to carch a fish? Fifty, one to fish and forty nine to keep the line intangled).

Someday, if my $ ever get right, I'll make it out west.

India: We da bomb!

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 01/05/2005 12:23:35
Go to Top of Page

dv82matt
SFN Regular

760 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  12:43:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send dv82matt a Private Message
Ok, what does it say on the bottom of a bottle in Newfoundland?

Open other end.

Quebec: Well you're dammed right we should be our own country! (But in French of course.)

Edited to add tastless Newfie joke.
Edited by - dv82matt on 01/05/2005 12:47:27
Go to Top of Page

Mathew

Sweden
25 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2005 :  17:29:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Mathew a Private Message
USA: "Me Ignorant - I'll Teach You"
Go to Top of Page

Geordie

3 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2005 :  17:29:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Geordie a Private Message
USA; Truth, Justice, OR the American Way.
Was that in poor taste? Boo-hoo.
Canada; The other America.
Japan; There's more to us than just Hello Kitty!

"Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear."
-Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.