Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  02:25:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by BigPapaSmurf

BigPapaSmurf is one of the names that The Collector aka The Comic Book Guy allowed Lucy Lawless to call him when he kidnapped her. Also I DMed a D&D game where Papa Smurf became a powerful anti-hero, which was classic.

Funny! I've seen that episode many times and don't recall him saying that. I'll have to pay more attention next time.
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  02:29:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wendy

quote:
Originally posted by Cuneiformist

Wendy is probably her first name.

Good guess, but no. Kim(berly) is my first name. It's not my middle name either, though I will only reveal that under torture.

Wendy is a nickname my Dad gave me when I was a child, because I loved for him to read Peter Pan to me, and I used to pretend that I could fly.

I love Peter Pan. In fact I say so on my website. CuriousCreations.com I wish I could be him and admire him so much. I am a pirate sometimes though.
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  02:44:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Cuneiformist

Have an interesting story behind your user name? Or care to explain a cryptic one? Post here and share with the rest of us!

When I 1st got on line and went to many sites that required a log in name, I'd try to get Snake. What can I say, I like snakes. But there are several other reasons for choosing it. Snakes are one of natures most evolved animals. I like to say that in case I'm talking to a creationist, haha. Then there's Snake on 'The Simpsons, 'Escape From New York', the name is mentioned in 'Home Alone' and in various other movies and books I'm sure, so I'm one of them too.
It was a difficult name to get on other sites, very popular. I never was able to get it, so when this site started up I wanted to grab it before anyone else did.
Snakes are wonderful animals for many reasons, they are beautiful too.
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  02:57:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by ronnywhite

I used my real name when I found the website, thought about changing to something more colorful, but never bothered since I use it for my email etc. anyway.

Ronny, there you go again. Being funny.
Ironically since white is no color. That is what you meant, right?
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  03:02:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

HalfMooner is simply from the town in northern California where I live, Half Moon Bay. Not a very good handle, IMO. I wanted to post my thread about the "Alberta Indian," and had to figure out a handle quickly.

I think that's cute. You should keep it.
I'm no angel from Los Angeles, down in the other 1/2 of California.
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  03:10:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

I don't know if it's a regional thing or what, but lots of people around here paint over the "TO" and "TA" on the tailgate of their Toyota pickup trucks, leaving "YO". Been seeing that for years. Don't know if there's a deeper meaning to it.

Dave, do you live in So. Cal.?
Look at who's doing it. It's Mexican, haha.
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  03:23:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

I was reading a book called "The Cat Who Walked Through Walls". In it was a car named Gay Deciever. I thought that naming a car would be interesting.

Now that you're saddled with this awful information, aren't you sorry you asked?

Speaking of saddles, I always thought of race horses when looking at your name because it reminded me of another great horse, Native Dancer. Thanks for clearing that up disapointing as it was.
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  03:28:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by astropin
*Why do people explain their edit? Mine are almost always for typos.

I always wondered that too. Mine are for spelling that I notice after the fact. and after I've hit post
But why would I admit that when editing?
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  06:51:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message
Fripp is the last name of Robert Fripp, legendary guitarist and bandleader of my favorit band, King Crimson. I got tired of using my last name (Painter) as a screen name for forums.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

CourseKnot
Skeptic Friend

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  13:11:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send CourseKnot a Private Message
Do you believe UFOs are from outter space?

Courseknot

Just flying through space with the rest of you...
Go to Top of Page

ljbrs
SFN Regular

USA
842 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2006 :  19:37:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ljbrs a Private Message
"A Black Widow, huh?"

Dr. Mabuse: That's great! Incidentally, I read a lot of your posts. They are always interesting. I do not have much time to be on the web, so most of it is spent reading the posts of others.

ljbrs

"Innumerable suns exist; innumerable earths revolve about these suns in a manner similar to the way the seven planets revolve around our sun. Living beings inhabit these worlds."
Giordano Bruno
(Burned at the stake by the Roman Catholic Church Inquisition in 1600)
Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2006 :  03:34:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message
Why not, I might as well explain mine. Being swedish and living in an english-speaking country, people sometimes find it hard pronouncing my name. My father-in-law (english) also found it a bit hard, so he shortened it to essentially only include the first syllable of my name and adding an 's' at the end. This makes my nick-name (and my username here) Hawks. Any swedes around here can probably guess what my real name is.

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page

Subjectmatter
Skeptic Friend

173 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2006 :  03:48:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Subjectmatter a Private Message
Håkan, right?

Sibling Atom Bomb of Couteous Debate
Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2006 :  18:48:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Subjectmatter

Håkan, right?

Yep

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2006 :  16:05:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
I thought I'd bump this topic, since a number of new users have shown up recently. Feel free to read and share!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds.