Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  18:33:13  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Post-slut: n. Used to describe certain persons of low charector.

1: A person who goes on forums and posts constantly in order to curry respect through a high post count. He/she is unable, through ignorance or ineptness, to gain it any other way, thus boring all on the boards with useless and mostly inaccurate information. An on-line toady.

2: One who lives in his/her parent's basement and is unable to get a date, or is otherwise socially unacceptable, thus having a computer, resorts to #1 above.

3: An elderly, ornery, bastard with no life who pays little attention to what's going on around him and accidently, but with no regrets, commits #1 above.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  18:37:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
Shouldn't this be the Congratulations on reaching 3,000 Filthy! topic?

Good job!

@

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!

Sportsbettingacumen.com: The science of sports betting
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  18:37:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
Hehe, I prefer the term "forum frequenter." Or perhaps "Online community member."

"Digital dialoguee?"

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  18:44:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Thanks. I didn't realize I'd hit three grand until I got a PM from Dave, several posts after the fact. Sometimes I just ain't payin' 'ttention.

It's been a good ride this far. I'm sure the best is yet to come.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  22:54:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Somehow, the old term "vowel movement" comes to mind.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

gezzam
SFN Regular

Australia
751 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  22:55:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit gezzam's Homepage Send gezzam a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

Somehow, the old term "vowel movement" comes to mind.

Groan

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.

Al Franken
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  23:12:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by @tomic

Shouldn't this be the Congratulations on reaching 3,000 Filthy! topic?

Good job!

Sheesh! And I thought it was something to reach 500! That's like a post-tease!
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2004 :  02:28:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Congrats, Filthy!

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2004 :  07:00:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
I DO NOT LIVE IN THE BASEMENT!
[guilty of all three charges]

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

dv82matt
SFN Regular

760 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2004 :  08:05:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send dv82matt a Private Message
Congrats Filthy!

I love your posts and look forward to many more.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2005 :  23:21:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
By the way, I'd just like to mention that the total number of threads here is only 3,699. This means that, at "worst," filthy has made a post in four out of five of the threads which have existed here. I'm sure that a determined searcher could find the first thread filthy ever posted in, but I'm not that person this time around.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2005 :  05:05:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
I first showed up on the old forum, lo these many years ago. I don't know why I dropped out of it, as I rather liked it.

It had a virtual library of emoticons and smileys.

What I find distressing about this forum, and it's something we can do nothing about, is that so many people come here so sadly unprepared. They don't know what they're getting into and fail to do a little homework before leaping in. And thus, they often get verbly roughed up and go away, never to return. Too bad.

So, I'd like to pass on a message to any reading this; all are welcome here. But please don't come in with nothing beyond hand-waving and bombast to back a claim. That sort of thing will wake up The Voices.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

tkster
Skeptic Friend

USA
193 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2005 :  12:28:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send tkster a Private Message
Dear God, I am a total post slut at Live Wire then. Yeah, but sometimes it's just fun to spam ;)

tk
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2005 :  13:56:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Spamming is one thing, and I can't recall Filthy being guilty of that.
It's not like he makes any posts in threads with only the text "I haven't posted in this thread yet." just to increase the post-counter.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2005 :  19:08:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
tkster has a whole different definition of 'spam' than most people. 100% of the posts I've seen him call 'spam' would not be caught by anti-spam software if sent as emails. filthy may, indeed, be spamming by tkster's definition, but until it gains wide acceptance (which it won't), [b]filthy[/i] is guilt-free.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

tkster
Skeptic Friend

USA
193 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2005 :  21:35:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send tkster a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

tkster has a whole different definition of 'spam' than most people. 100% of the posts I've seen him call 'spam' would not be caught by anti-spam software if sent as emails. filthy may, indeed, be spamming by tkster's definition, but until it gains wide acceptance (which it won't), [b]filthy[/i] is guilt-free.

I'm afraid I wasn't talking about filthy, but myself. By the definition he listed, I am one at other places. Of course, I don't see the purpose just to get post counts, unless there is some point system involved.

But no, my post wasn't directed at anyone but myself ;).

tk
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.