Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Conspiracy Theories
 Is spongebob promoting homosexuality tolerence?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Storm
SFN Regular

USA
708 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2005 :  16:06:48  Show Profile  Visit Storm's Homepage Send Storm a Private Message
Have ya heard the news? Now they say Spongebob is promoting tolorence of sexual orientation. My kids have always watched Spongebob. He's hilarious? Sexual orientation tolerence.... I never really got that out of SpongeBob. Although the people who have created it are adults and well they might be gay.... So what.... But that is my opinion. They were talking how squidword was dressing up in transvestite clothing, this was a religious right guy,{ I wondered how he knew what transvestite clothing looked like?} but any way do... you all remember your cartoons? Bugs Bunny my favorite.... But what a trip....
But what if is the truth? I have no problem with Gay people... People are free to do what they want. I think if they do it in an appropriate matter as consenting adults.. Well that is o.k. Just like religious freedom....
Martin Luther King's family said do not comapre my fathers civil rights to the agreement of gay marriges....
So what do you all think?

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2005 :  20:09:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
According to the American Family Association, Spongebob and many other cartoon characters are promoting homosexuality.

quote:
It is as unprecedented as it is cunning, using all the right words and happiest faces in an attempt to speak directly to the nation's children about "tolerance and diversity." Once again, of course, those ideas include homosexual advocacy.

On the surface, the project may appear to be a worthwhile attempt to foster greater understanding of cultural differences among all Americans. However, a short step beneath the surface reveals that one of the differences being celebrated is homosexuality.

Its always beneath the surface, isn't it. Which is why only your delusional nutcases can see it.

quote:
Wildmon said it is difficult taking a stand against such projects. "Nobody I know has a problem with teaching children to be respectful and tolerant. It is wrong, however, to use such concepts to open the door to a secondary discussion about a controversial subject like homosexuality," he said.

So I guess you should teach your kid to be respectful and tolerant, except for those friggin queers. I don't know why Wildmon's so upset, after all his god of infinite love will see that all the homosexuals he created will burn in hell forever anyway.

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2005 :  00:59:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Now children, Can you say paranoia?
Paranoia is the secret word today.

Tinky Winky and Jerry Falwell

McCarthyism and homophobia
quote:
As the threat of communism became more wildly imagined and as people's fears were fed by McCarthy's strong and convincing tone, other marginalized groups were added to the lists of subversives, including homosexuals.

McCarthy and Undersecretary of State John Puerifory claimed that there was a "homosexual underground" that was abetting the "communist conspiracy." Numerous reports of the "pervert peril"-so called by the media-were filed in the spring of 1950. In June of 1950, the Senate ordered a full-scale investigation of the claims. Many business owners and bureaucrats were so afraid of being accused of protecting subversives, they began to quickly dismiss homosexual workers. From 1947-1950, dismissals of homosexuals averaged about five per month in civilian government jobs. In the April-December 1950 period, more than sixty per month were fired.

Joseph McCarthy's anti-homosexual campaign was planned by Roy Cohn, a closeted homosexual who would eventually die from complications associated with the AIDS virus in 1986. Ironically, Joseph McCarthy himself was many times accused of homosexuality and was confirmed to have been a homosexual by several people. Even though he married his secretary, Jeannie Kerr, and adopted a child, rumors of his homosexual exploits continued to circulate.
The last paragraph is especially interesting.
Edited by - beskeptigal on 01/24/2005 01:00:56
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds.