New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Was_a_skeptic

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2005 :  15:12:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Was_a_skeptic a Yahoo! Message Send Was_a_skeptic a Private Message
Check the house for camera's ? thast the most rediculous thing I ever heard..That would mean my mom had camera's in ehr house as well...so would my couin..and nobody can come in our house as it is guarded bye Dogs and we have been the only occupants since new .

And no im not ging to tell anyone to call him cause I am not selling anything . And Making a remark like that everyone would scream its a publicity stunt .

I still havent got an answer from anyone about how someone who knew nothing about none of us could tell us what we look like ?
It made my stomach turn when He gave me the info he did cause I didnt take it seriously till I talked to him .
BTW , he also knew my sister was preganant . She didnt even know yet .
I guess next someone is going to say " O-gee , all woman get preganant "
Im still waiting to hear someone with a good answer .
Go to Top of Page

Isaiah
Skeptic Friend

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2005 :  15:16:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Isaiah's Homepage Send Isaiah a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Was_a_skeptic

can Anyone explain this ?
Remember the Guy knew nothing avout me and This info was given on free minutes..over the phone...not my phone ..he didnt have my name....I didnt tell him anything..ANd look at all the things he knew .
Next !

Sure, I can explain this. Your sister told this guy everything about you and is lying to you because the two of them are going to cheat you out of all of your money.

Or,

This guy is threatening your sister so she told him everything about you and eventually he'll threaten your life also until you tell him everything about someone else.

Or,

Both you and your sister are having delusions which include phone calls with a real psychic.

All three of those seem more likely than a real psychic wasting their time talking to someone on the phone hoping for money for their real psychic ability.

For Real Things I Know - http://solomonj.blogspot.com

"My point is, that you cannot use lack of evidence for one possibility as proof for another." - Dude

“I would rather delude myself with comforting fantasies than face a cold reality” - Isaiah, altered from astropin
Go to Top of Page

Isaiah
Skeptic Friend

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2005 :  15:18:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Isaiah's Homepage Send Isaiah a Private Message
quote:

Check the house for camera's ? thast the most rediculous thing I ever heard..

Now stop and think here... someone getting past dogs in your houses and planting cameras is more ridiculous than someone being a psychic?

"My point is, that you cannot use lack of evidence for one possibility as proof for another." - Dude

“I would rather delude myself with comforting fantasies than face a cold reality” - Isaiah, altered from astropin
Go to Top of Page

woolytoad
Skeptic Friend

313 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2005 :  15:21:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send woolytoad a Private Message
Your particular case is going to be very hard to explain if all we have is your testimony. Even the most reasonable people will embellish their stories. And as others have said, you yourself may have tried to fit the information.

If you want a real explanation of this persons methods, you're going to have to setup a controlled experiment with a new person. Perhaps if you also told us the URL of said website ...

If you're right, then we will all change our minds.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2005 :  15:36:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Am I the only one who has become skeptical of the whole thing?

WaS describes a situation that is explainable, then as we go along, he makes it impossible. And then asks us to explain it. At first, I thought that April had come early this year, but on furthewr consideration, I wonder if we're being jerked around.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2005 :  15:41:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

Am I the only one who has become skeptical of the whole thing?

WaS describes a situation that is explainable, then as we go along, he makes it impossible. And then asks us to explain it. At first, I thought that April had come early this year, but on furthewr consideration, I wonder if we're being jerked around.

Read my mind. Again. From across the globe. With no phone talk whatsoever!
Therefore, Filthy possesses unquestionable psychic powers!

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2005 :  16:35:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
Welcome Was_a_skeptic

I can't explain anything you've posted here because it is all anecdotal evidence. It is insufficient to establish the psychic ability or lack thereof displayed by your alleged psychic. When this guy has had his abilities tested in a rigorous double blind test and has shown results statistically much greater than chance, then we will have something to discuss. Until then, all we have is your unsubstantiated claims.

Of course, I have a few questions he could answer, and while not exactly scientific, they may be a good gauge of his ability:

Who (person's name) will score the first touchdown in the 2005 Super Bowl?

Who will score the last?

Total rushing yards both teams combined?

Number of field goals attempted and made?

Interceptions thrown by Brady? McNabb?

Halftime score?

Final score?

Passing yards for New England?

Number of passes Pinkston catches?

I'd say if he nails these, then he's psychic.

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

Was_a_skeptic

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2005 :  16:53:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Was_a_skeptic a Yahoo! Message Send Was_a_skeptic a Private Message
Isa.....your 3 theroies are just plain stupid .

As for whoever was asking for the statistics..You are all very narrow minded people .

I never said the guy could predict yards ..calls..w/e . I was simply trying to hear a GOOD explanation for this . Not a stupid one like " Oh he threatened your sister " Thats just dumb ! . I guess the 7000 people who rated him lied about it! and all of the people he has described to themselfes all look like me! Jeez man , come on !

If someone does carry this ability they can probably determine things from you own brains ability to project energies .

so R.wreck , I dont know what to tell you . It dont say on his web site that he can predict multiple statistics frmo next weeks football game .I think you people just cant beleive in something you dont understand ...Im just telling you what he did get right...I still havent heard an answer .

Like I said I used to be a skeptic and I was the type of person who had a hard time believing anything without sceintific evidence.

But tell me , what are the chances he got all of us right and the hundreds of people on his ratings page that attest to it ?

Just becasue you cant explain something doesnt mean it isnt true .

Go to Top of Page

Was_a_skeptic

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2005 :  16:55:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Was_a_skeptic a Yahoo! Message Send Was_a_skeptic a Private Message
Siberia , when are eyou due back at boystown ?

I dont know filthy , are you being jerked ?

I am being dead serious about this post so please refrain from posting stupid things .

I just thought maybe some of you would be intersted that something like this can happen .
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2005 :  17:06:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:

Siberia , when are eyou due back at boystown ?

I dont know filthy , are you being jerked ?

I am being dead serious about this post so please refrain from posting stupid things .

I just thought maybe some of you would be intersted that something like this can happen .

Then come up with something other than a ridiculous and unprovable ancedote and a smart-assed attitude. Thus far, you've put up little more than the blather you might hear from your local palmest.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Was_a_skeptic

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2005 :  17:14:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Was_a_skeptic a Yahoo! Message Send Was_a_skeptic a Private Message
Your just madd that You cant figure it out..that you have no explanation .

Makes me feel even better about it that such a small amount of people have ever had something so Awsome happen to them .

Being narrow minded is a curse.

One day , it may happen to you.
I can tell no one on here is going to be able to answer it becasue no one here understands it but you are not willing to admit it .

Thats ok.....the nature of a person is to hate things they cant understand .
Go to Top of Page

Isaiah
Skeptic Friend

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2005 :  17:34:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Isaiah's Homepage Send Isaiah a Private Message
quote:

Im used to be just like you people when it came to this stuff until I spoke with this guy and 2 other woman .

I was awarded a bunch of free time on that Website so I talked with I know 35 people and three seem to be genuine . Not one claims to be 100% accurate .

Let's see... If you spent a minimum of three minutes with 35 people, then you, the ex-skeptic, were talking to psychics for one hour and forty-five minutes.

Why were you speaking with psychics for nearly two hours if you didn't believe in them?

Isaiah

Edited by - Isaiah on 01/24/2005 17:36:03
Go to Top of Page

Was_a_skeptic

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2005 :  17:42:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Was_a_skeptic a Yahoo! Message Send Was_a_skeptic a Private Message
It was over a period of 4 months .

And the reason I first started talking to him is my sister insisted on it cause it was free . I thought it would be fun .

Everything is not in black and white people .
Go to Top of Page

Isaiah
Skeptic Friend

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2005 :  17:43:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Isaiah's Homepage Send Isaiah a Private Message
You're right, I've been horribly skeptical and haven't been giving you the proper awe for having talked to a real psychic! Wow! A real psychic... imagine that! And you found him (well, and 7000 other people)! Man, how lucky you are!

So, I haven't had a chance to ask someone what they hope to get out of talking to a real psychic but it seems like I've finally got my chance.

Did you just call the psychic to see if he was legitimate? Now that you've satisfied yourself that he is legitimate, what do you do next? What questions are you hoping to ask this psychic now that you know he's real?

Isaiah

Go to Top of Page

Isaiah
Skeptic Friend

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2005 :  17:50:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Isaiah's Homepage Send Isaiah a Private Message
Oh, yeah, I have another question.

You didn't say whether this psychic is someone who can predict the future or someone who can just see what's already happened.

Is this someone who can predict the future? If so, may I just say... Wow! You are so lucky!

What has he done so far that makes you think he can predict the future?

When are you going to call him again? Can you report back to me and let me know how it went?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds.