Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2005 :  19:01:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
quote:

Hello Ricky:

You are acting as a believer....not as a real skeptic as we.
At least Dave have potential....you are so weak.
I am teaching you how to be a part of the new skepticism without chains with pseudoskeptics cults and leaders with a strange past.

Relax and get a life.

You have not provided enough evidence of James Randi's fraudulent activities to convince me. Your evidence is lacking, get some, and you may have a case.

I don't want to be any part of your "new skepticism" which is neither new or skeptical. I'm sure some New Age forums would be willing to listen to your bull shit though.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2005 :  19:10:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

quote:
Originally posted by latinijral

quote:

quote:

I bet you know what outstanding "work" to skepticism did MoeFaux.
Bet? $10,000? Pay up.

That is the question you been refusing to respond for so long.
Just do it. Accepted.
No, you bet me that I knew what MoeFaux did to earn her scholarship. I don't. I win the bet. Pay up.

Are you playing semantics?
Don't worry, nobody knows.You lost.

quote:

quote:

[If you read the page I linked you will find it.
I searched the linked page for the word 'bidlack', but it doesn't appear there at all. Is it on another page? If so, which one?

The same one.
Even Hal Bidlack wrote in the same thread.

quote:

quote:

[You don't get it. I can not prove you the negative.
Great, so you can't prove that MoeFaux did nothing "outstanding" to earn her scholarship. You can't prove your claims. Some "skeptic" you turned out to be.

See? you don't get it. It is JREF goal to tell all the outstanding contributions to skepticism.

quote:

quote:

[Tell me : what outstanding contributions to skepticism they made in order to recieve a cash schoolarship from the JREF?
You don't get it: I'm not claiming that they made any contributions to skepticism. All I've been doing is asking you to support your negative claims. And the fact that you refuse to even discuss scholarship winners other than MoeFaux and Bidlack tells me you've got no motivation for your claims but malice.

Negative claims can not be supported.
You will learn that some day.

But you can tell us about outstandin contributions the JREF winneres did.

But ,,,NADA...until now.

Father of the new skepticism

Cuneiformist "But yeah, I'm sick of latinijral. And his "new "skepticism"!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2005 :  19:46:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

No. You bet me (ten grand, it seems) that I know what MoeFaux did to earn her scholarship. I don't know. I win.
quote:
The same one.
I read another three pages. All I find is that Chris Bidlack was a JREF intern, and that it's not known if he got paid for being an intern. I found no evidence that he was ever given a JREF scholarship of any amount, which is what you claimed.
quote:
See? you don't get it. It is JREF goal to tell all the outstanding contributions to skepticism.
I can't find that in the JREF's stated goals.
quote:
I know it already. Why are you making the negative claim that MoeFaux did nothing "outstanding" to earn her scholarship?
quote:
No, we've already determined that I cannot, as I have no connection to the JREF. You will have to ask them. I haven't seen any evidence that you have asked them anything.
quote:
But ,,,NADA...until now.
Until now? Something has changed? What?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2005 :  15:35:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message
quote:

quote:

No. You bet me (ten grand, it seems) that I know what MoeFaux did to earn her scholarship. I don't know. I win.

Nobody knows. neither Randi , Linda or any JREF member..
That is the main problem and the evidence that confirms the fraud.
You lost.

quote:

quote:

The same one.
I read another three pages. All I find is that Chris Bidlack was a JREF intern, and that it's not known if he got paid for being an intern. I found no evidence that he was ever given a JREF scholarship of any amount, which is what you claimed.

You don't know nothing. You are even trying to hide the fact that Chris was the son of the JREF director.
If you read again you will find why Hal Bidlack got pissed off when Evil Yety ( the ex boy friend of MoeFaux) was the one who made the official claim that derivated in the JREF schoolarship scandal.
After the donators got pissed off of how the JREF was involved in those unethical procedures.
Was not a surprise why Hal Bidlack resigned from the JREF after the scandal.Do you think it was just a coincidence?

quote:

quote:

I can't find that in the JREF's stated goals.

You can not find it because you have limitations in understanding the goals of the JREF.

Or do you think the JREF should hide outstanding contributions to skepticism?

quote:

quote:

I know it already. Why are you making the negative claim that MoeFaux did nothing "outstanding" to earn her scholarship?

Any evidence that support your claim?

You are still confused. You are the one who is asking me if I know Moe did NOT any outstanding contirbution.

I am the one who si asking for THE outstanding contribution she did in order to win the $5000.
See the difference?

quote:

quote:

No, we've already determined that I cannot, as I have no connection to the JREF. You will have to ask them. I haven't seen any evidence that you have asked them anything.

Since there is an evidence that tells how they changed the schoolarship rules in order to fix their Moefaux-Bidlack scandal,it is enough to demonstrate how unethical they were.

quote:
But ,,,NADA...until now.
Until now? Something has changed? What?
[/quote]

NADA. But you have potential . You are learning.
Just some questions : was the JREF and James Randi also new for you? Or do you wrote before in the JREF forum with another nick?
Relax.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2005 :  18:50:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
What, is this a soap opera? Reading back through it, it certainly resembles one.

I think we should rename it Days of our Moefaux, or perhaps The Season of Randi.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2005 :  22:30:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

Where is your evidence that Randi doesn't know why he gave MoeFaux a scholarship? I really don't see how you can ever hope to support such a claim.
quote:
If you've got evidence for fraud, please bring it forward. Fraud is a positive claim, not a negative one. You need to support it.
quote:
You don't know nothing. You are even trying to hide the fact that Chris was the son of the JREF director.
When have I tried to "hide" that fact? You're now trying to hide the fact that you lied by saying that Chris had been given a scholarship, when in reality, he was just an intern.
quote:
If you read again you will find why Hal Bidlack got pissed off when Evil Yety ( the ex boy friend of MoeFaux) was the one who made the official claim that derivated in the JREF schoolarship scandal.
1) EvilYeti says in that thread, "I never dated Moe or was her boyfriend..." So you've just been caught lying again, latinijral. And 2) Chris' dad says that Chris received no special treatment, and that everyone who "seriously applied" as interns became interns.
quote:
After the donators got pissed off of how the JREF was involved in those unethical procedures.
Was not a surprise why Hal Bidlack resigned from the JREF after the scandal.Do you think it was just a coincidence?
I have no clue as to why Bidlack resigned from the JREF board. As far as I can tell, he did so at least a couple of months after the "scandal" broke. If you think it's not a coincidence, why don't you present the evidence which shows it that way?
quote:
You can not find it because you have limitations in understanding the goals of the JREF.

Nowhere in JREF's stated goals does it say "share every outstanding contribution to skepticism that we know about."

quote:
quote:
Yes, you are the one who is claiming that Randi and/or the JREF has committed fraud. That is a positive claim.
quote:
You are still confused. You are the one who is asking me if I know Moe did NOT any outstanding contirbution.
Right, because the claim "MoeFaux did nothing outstanding to earn her scholarship" is the basis of your claim of fraud. You need to prove that MoeFaux did nothing in order to make you charge stick.
quote:
I am the one who si asking for THE outstanding contribution she did in order to win the $5000.
See the difference?
Yes, but when nobody here (with zero attachments to the JREF) can answer you, you jump to the conclusion that it must have been fraud. The evidence does not support a fraud allegation.
quote:
Since there is an evidence that tells how they changed the schoolarship rules in order to fix their Moefaux-Bidlack scandal,it is enough to demonstrate how unethical they were.
They didn't change any rules. That you think those few words on a web page were "rules" is the problem. They were a description of the scholarship program, in a few sentences. And the only thing they changed was to make it clear that they could give scholarship to anyone they wanted to, which was already happening before then, anyway. So they really changed nothing.
quote:
NADA. But you have potential . You are learning.
No, I haven't learned a thing from you.
quote:
Just some questions : was the JREF and James Randi also new for you? Or do you wrote before in the JREF forum with another nick?
No, the JREF wasn't new to me, but I've never written anything in the JREF forums under any name.

See how easy that is? You asked questions, and I answered them. You should try it sometime.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2005 :  20:49:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message
quote:

quote:

Where is your evidence that Randi doesn't know why he gave MoeFaux a scholarship? I really don't see how you can ever hope to support such a claim.

The day you learn that Randi or the JREF didn't gave to Moefaux the $5000 for aplying or for giving ab outstandins contribution to skepticism, that day you will become a new skeptic.

quote:

quote:

If you've got evidence for fraud, please bring it forward. Fraud is a positive claim, not a negative one. You need to support it.

You just needed to read it.

quote:

quote:

When have I tried to "hide" that fact? You're now trying to hide the fact that you lied by saying that Chris had been given a scholarship, when in reality, he was just an intern.

I was the one who opened your eyes in the nepotism done in Chris scandal. You are the one who doesn't see nothing obscure or unethical in that.
No aplying and no merits according to the old rules.

quote:

quote:

1) EvilYeti says in that thread, "I never dated Moe or was her boyfriend..." So you've just been caught lying again, latinijral. And 2) Chris' dad says that Chris received no special treatment, and that everyone who "seriously applied" as interns became interns.

If you believe ib Chris's Dad ( the JREF director)it is your problem , not mine.

quote:

quote:

I have no clue as to why Bidlack resigned from the JREF board. As far as I can tell, he did so at least a couple of months after the "scandal" broke. If you think it's not a coincidence, why don't you present the evidence which shows it that way?

If you are the one that belive that it was just a coincidence that he resigned after the schpplarshop scandal, it is still yout problem

quote:

quote:

Nowhere in JREF's stated goals does it say "share every outstanding contribution to skepticism that we know about."

What? Are you trying to tell us that they should keep outstanding contributions to skepticism in secret?

quote:

quote:

quote:
Yes, you are the one who is claiming that Randi and/or the JREF has committed fraud. That is a positive claim.

When people or any foundation changes the rules AFTER they have done something fraudulent in order to hide their mistakes , then something is smelling very bad.

quote:

quote:

Right, because the claim "MoeFaux did nothing outstanding to earn her scholarship" is the basis of your claim of fraud. You need to prove that MoeFaux did nothing in order to make you charge stick.

Where did you read that? Evidence please.

quote:

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2005 :  21:32:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

The day you learn that Randi or the JREF didn't gave to Moefaux the $5000 for aplying or for giving ab outstandins contribution to skepticism, that day you will become a new skeptic.
The JREF gave MoeFaux a scholarship for her contributions as an intern and her promise. That's what Hal and Linda both stated. Apparently, they felt her to be "outstanding." You don't. You should take this matter up with the JREF.
quote:
I was the one who opened your eyes in the nepotism done in Chris scandal. You are the one who doesn't see nothing obscure or unethical in that.
Hal says that Chris applied to be an intern, and was accepted along with the other three people who provided "serious" applications. You don't believe that he even applied. You should take this matter up with the JREF.
quote:
If you believe ib Chris's Dad ( the JREF director)it is your problem , not mine.
Hal has nothing to do with whether you lied about EvilYeti being MoeFaux's boyfriend. You lied, latinijral. Admit it. You also lied about Chris Bidlack being given a scholarship.
quote:
If you are the one that belive that it was just a coincidence that he resigned after the schpplarshop scandal, it is still yout problem
It's not my problem at all. I'm not the one who's screaming about fraud and unethical behaviour. You are. You should take this matter up with the JREF.
quote:
What? Are you trying to tell us that they should keep outstanding contributions to skepticism in secret?
Of course not. I'm saying that there's only so much time in a day to promote skeptical acheivments. Even the JREF can't make press releases about every one of them. Relax.
quote:
When people or any foundation changes the rules AFTER they have done something fraudulent in order to hide their mistakes , then something is smelling very bad.
"Smelling bad" does not rise to the level of proof of your claims of fraud.
quote:
Where did you read that? Evidence please.
You're the one who introduced the word "fraud" to this discussion. It's your claim.
quote:
I am the one who is asking you a positive claim. You have NADA.
I've got nada because I am making no claims. You've claimed that Randi, Hal and the JREF in general acted in an unethical and/or fraudulent manner regarding MoeFaux's scholarship and Chris' internship.
quote:
If the JREF need to clarify something obscure was because something obscure happennned.Period.
Sure, but "obscure" doesn't mean "fraudulent" or "unethical."
quote:
Just think how many times you respond to me.
Completely irrelevant.
quote:
Please go to my Geller and fraud thread. I need your double speech there, about.......... fraud.
I've got no double-speak at all. I'm asking you to support you claim of fraud.
quote:
quote:
No, the JREF wasn't new to me, but I've never written anything in the JREF forums under any name.
Do you have any evidence?
So, because I can't prove a negative, are you now going to claim that I've been posting on the JREF forums for years? Or that you introduced me to the JREF?

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

tomk80
SFN Regular

Netherlands
1278 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2005 :  03:35:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit tomk80's Homepage Send tomk80 a Private Message
Dave, I really don't get why you even bother. He's not going to support his claims in any way, that much was clear from the get-go.

Tom

`Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, `if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
-Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Caroll-
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2005 :  06:56:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
I don't know why you bother either, Dave. The only thing I can come up with is Latin is trying to get banned, so he can become a martyr. He is probably the most annoying person I have ever encountered. At least Verlich was somewhat humorous. Latin appears to have some mental problems.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2005 :  07:18:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
I don't know furshur, I found the question below rather amusing.
quote:
quote:

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2005 :  09:03:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Starman

I don't know furshur, I found the question below rather amusing.
quote:
quote:

Oh dear! That's a doozy!

I'm going to be generous and put it down to a 'heat of the moment' sort of thing, and try to stop chuckeling.

quote:
I don't know why you bother either, Dave. The only thing I can come up with is Latin is trying to get banned, so he can become a martyr. He is probably the most annoying person I have ever encountered. At least Verlich was somewhat humorous. Latin appears to have some mental problems.

furshur, I cannot believe you've really led such a sheltered life.

I find our friend interesting because his tunnel vision is as tightly focused any microscope. I find myself waiting his next series of single-minded apologitics with interest.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2005 :  17:15:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message

quote:

quote:

The JREF gave MoeFaux a scholarship for her contributions as an intern and her promise. That's what Hal and Linda both stated. Apparently, they felt her to be "outstanding." You don't. You should take this matter up with the JREF.

That turned you in a Hal and Linda's believer. Sorry for you.
You didn't put any evidence about their claim , just their “words” “pledging” you to believe in them.

It was a scandal after the JREF gave those scholarships.
The JREF donators who read about it protested and stopped contributing. That is a fact.

quote:

quote:

Hal says that Chris applied to be an intern, and was accepted along with the other three people who provided "serious" applications. You don't believe that he even applied. You should take this matter up with the JREF

Who is Hal? Chris ‘s father? What do you expect from a father that was also the JREF director?
Sorry , you are acting as a JREF believer.

quote:

quote:

.If you believe ib Chris's Dad ( the JREF director)it is your problem , not mine.
Hal has nothing to do with whether you lied about EvilYeti being MoeFaux's boyfriend. You lied, latinijral. Admit it. You also lied about Chris Bidlack being given a scholarship.

It is still your problem if you didn't read what Evil Yeti's said about it.
The JREF forum dark and obscure policy is full of deleted threads that showed and proved how dishonest they are.
On the link I posted there is a question Carlos did to Evil Yeti about who was the “other” one who received the scholarship. Surprise ! guess who was?
Hal never denied it.
About being or not her boyfriend , I didn't invent nothing. It was how the topic started in other sceptic's forums, the JREF included.
It was also mentioned that MoeFaux was Penn's girlfriend before. And that she was the connection in Las Vegas with P&T and Randi for their JREF annual meeting of their brainwashed fanatics.

quote:

Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2005 :  17:50:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
OK Filthy he may not the most annoying but he sure is trying. I've got to quit reading his posts it's like finger nails on a blackboard.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2005 :  18:16:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

That turned you in a Hal and Linda's believer. Sorry for you.
You didn't put any evidence about their claim , just their “words” “pledging” you to believe in them.
I've got no evidence which says that they are lying about MoeFaux's scholarship.
quote:
It was a scandal after the JREF gave those scholarships.
The JREF donators who read about it protested and stopped contributing. That is a fact.
As far as I can tell, precisely three people stopped donating after the MoeFaux "scandal" broke. You make it sound like everyone quit donating afterwards, which simply isn't true.
quote:
Who is Hal? Chris ‘s father? What do you expect from a father that was also the JREF director?
Sorry , you are acting as a JREF believer.
I've got no evidence which tells me that Hal lied about his son's internship.
quote:
It is still your problem if you didn't read what Evil Yeti's said about it.
Why is it my problem? As far as I can tell, this is between MoeFaux, EvilYeti, and the JREF. It wasn't even your problem, really, until you decided to make unsupported allegations. And it's only my problem because I'm an administrator here.
quote:
The JREF forum dark and obscure policy is full of deleted threads that showed and proved how dishonest they are.
Another claim which cannot be proven. You're acting like the "pseudoskeptics" you despise.
quote:
On the link I posted there is a question Carlos did to Evil Yeti about who was the “other” one who received the scholarship. Surprise ! guess who was?
Hal never denied it.
He didn't have to. Other people did for him. You know this, you read the thread. Chris was an intern, not a scholarship winner.
quote:
About being or not her boyfriend , I didn't invent nothing. It was how the topic started in other sceptic's forums, the JREF included.
But still, right in that thread, EvilYeti denies it. And you know that thread so well that repeating it makes you a liar.
quote:
Where is written that I can not take this matter here?Relax.
You won't get the answers you demand here. You might get them from the JREF. Why are you so afraid of them?
quote:
The real skeptics have the right to know about the unethical procedures of any Skeptic Foundation.
You've done that. You've done that to dea

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds.