Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Religion
 Wanna think your a god? Join the Iluminati!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2005 :  07:05:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by verlch

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia

I tried the witchcraft thing, too, but then I grew bored. My friend's a witch still, though. Sorry V, I'm not the believer type to summon demons and stuff. Think I'll keep being the evil evolutionist/scientist...

Summoning demons would mean there is a God. So you'll just stick to Ghosts (psst, they are really demons), that is what they do at the Mother Goddess level of wiccan, they summon demons. You can't seem to observe the spitual wickness in the world, you can see the actions of humans bent on death and destruction. You think they are being led by their own actions?

And yet again, we have the bald untarnished lie from Verlch.

There is no such thing as a "Mother Goddess" level of the Wiccan religion.

But let's not stop there. Let's actually examine what the whole underlying bull crap is about Freemasonry and the New World Order.

1776: An alledged master Freemason founds the Bavarian Illuminati which seeks to gain a representative form of government through assassination of nobles and monarcy. By 1800, this violent group is hunted to exinction.

1832 (approx): The Skull and Bones secret society is formed at Harvard. (Members are known as Bonesmen) They are affluent children of privledge. One of the founding members is Alphonse Taft. He is also a Freemason. (Grandfather to William Howard Taft, President of the United States)

1872: Alphonse Taft, as part of the Ohio Supreme Court, helps write the opinion in Minor v. Cincinatti Board of Education. This opinion contains language saying that government should be neutral in regards to religion. The case stops institutionally led morning prayer for Ohio schools.

1906: The Freemason temple Ordo Templis Orianis severs their link to Freemasonry as the members have formed a religion and the religious functions have overshadowed their links to Freemasonry. The OTO members founded the Golden Dawn movement. Amongst these are founding member Alistair Crowley.

1946: Alistair Crowley dies, his wife Vivianne and member Gerald Gardner expunge major sections of the budding religion which are heavily influenced by Crowley's later excesses. This founds the Wiccan religion.

1963: Abington v. Schempp is decided by SCOTUS. In it, they quote the 1872 Minor v. Cincinatti Board of Education opinion. Fundies also have people who are told by Freemasonry that the individual temples cannot be converted into Evangelical Christian only services for their rites.

Fundies lose it. They concoct evil intent from the secretive nature of the Freemasons (even though one can buy their membership maunals easily). They link Freemasonry, witchcraft, Skull and Bones, and the removal of prayer from schools.

verlch is just the latest proponent of this tripe.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Trish
SFN Addict

USA
2102 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2005 :  07:27:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Trish a Private Message
Interesting Val, thanks.

...no one has ever found a 4.5 billion year old stone artifact (at the right geological stratum) with the words "Made by God."
No Sense of Obligation by Matt Young

"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith. I consider the capacity for it terrifying and vile!"
Mother Night by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

They (Women Marines) don't have a nickname, and they don't need one. They get their basic training in a Marine atmosphere, at a Marine Post. They inherit the traditions of the Marines. They are Marines.
LtGen Thomas Holcomb, USMC
Commandant of the Marine Corps, 1943
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2005 :  07:58:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Indeed. Excellent, Val; some stuff I didn't know -- quite a bit, in fact.

Thanks!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2005 :  15:46:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message
Hello, verlch. Last time you were around here, you were supposed to supply us with some evidence for intelligent design (this thread). Found it yet?

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.