Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  21:49:23  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
quote:
George Bush: 'God Told Me to End the Tyranny in Iraq'...

Mr Bush revealed the extent of his religious fervour when he met a Palestinian delegation during the Israeli-Palestinian summit at the Egpytian resort of Sharm el-Sheikh, four months after the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003.

One of the delegates, Nabil Shaath, who was Palestinian foreign minister at the time, said: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

Mr Bush went on: "And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East'. And, by God, I'm gonna do it."
The guy is a dyed-in-the-wool madman, irrational, delusional, dangerously mentally ill. Even on Star Trek when Captain Kirk went out of his gourd, Bones would step in, declare him unfit for duty, and relieve him of command. Where is the real-life counterpart to Dr. Leonard McCoy when we need him?

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2005 :  00:47:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message

Bush should know -- and the general public should but obviously does not -- that hearing disembodied voices, God's included, is never a good sign.

Is Bush now claiming that he never said such? Seems someone told me that he was.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2005 :  06:50:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy...

Is Bush now claiming that he never said such? Seems someone told me that he was.
Well of course. We already know the Bush administration is well practiced in the art of denial. George, you have a booger hanging out of your nose. No I don't. Yes you do. No I don't. Yes you do.
quote:
White House Denies Bush God Claims...

A senior White House official has denied that the US president, George Bush, said God ordered him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq.

A spokesman for Mr Bush, Scott McClellan, said the claims, to be broadcast in a TV documentary later this month, were "absurd".
Go to Top of Page

Stargirl
Skeptic Friend

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2005 :  17:09:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Stargirl a Private Message
Denying the truth is central to Bush's administration.

Why, even seeing something with your own eyes doesn't mean it's true.

For example it's just your imagination if you think Bush is giving the finger here.

And he isn't giving the finger here either.

Considering how thing are going maybe he's just practicing for his sobriety test.

If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him - Voltaire
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2005 :  19:14:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
quote:
Where is the real-life counterpart to Dr. Leonard McCoy when we need him?

You mean his VP and Cabinet?

They are just as infected, largely, with the holy-spirit as W is.

I mean, all they have to do is look at that retard and it is obvious that it is a miracle he was elected president, once by SCOTUS and once (more or less) by the people.

Divine intervention is the only explanation.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2005 :  23:20:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dude

quote:
Where is the real-life counterpart to Dr. Leonard McCoy when we need him?

You mean his VP and Cabinet?

They are just as infected, largely, with the holy-spirit as W is.

I mean, all they have to do is look at that retard and it is obvious that it is a miracle he was elected president, once by SCOTUS and once (more or less) by the people.

Divine intervention is the only explanation.

That explains a great deal. Bush is indeed not to blame at all, for anything, no. It is God who is the drunken, sociopathic prat with a delicate ego, an entirely undeserved following, and delusions of grandure so vivid that they turn those of the late Caligula into musty shadows of grafitti on a truck stop bathroom wall by the comparison.

Thank you. All has now been made clear....

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  20:09:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy...

That explains a great deal. Bush is indeed not to blame at all, for anything, no. It is God who is the drunken, sociopathic prat with a delicate ego, an entirely undeserved following, and delusions of grandure so vivid that they turn those of the late Caligula into musty shadows of grafitti on a truck stop bathroom wall by the comparison.

Thank you. All has now been made clear....
Well, if it wasn't clear before, this ought to remove all doubt...

Thanks to the humor department at The Liberator.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  22:05:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
And then there's this, which might help with an explanation although I'm not familiar with the site and can't vouch for it. Also, as can be seen by the date, the article is a fairly old one.
quote:
Bush Taking Anti-Depressants to Control Mood Swings
By CHB Staff
Jul 28, 2004, 06:13

President George W. Bush is taking anti-depressant drugs to control his erratic behavior, depression and paranoia, Capitol Hill Blue has learned.

The prescription drugs, administered by Col. Richard J. Tubb, the White House physician, can impair the President's mental faculties and decrease both his physical capabilities and his ability to respond to a crisis, administration aides admit privately.

“It's a double-edged sword,” says one aide. “We can't have him flying off the handle at the slightest provocation but we also need a President who is alert mentally.”

Tubb prescribed the anti-depressants after a clearly-upset Bush stormed off stage on July 8, refusing to answer reporters' questions about his relationship with indicted Enron executive Kenneth J. Lay.

“Keep those motherfuckers away from me,” he screamed at an aide backstage. “If you can't, I'll find someone who can.”

The last few times I've seen him on the toob, I thought he looked a little stoned, and one wonders what he was thinking when he nominated Niers. Perhaps he wasn't thinking at all.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

CourseKnot
Skeptic Friend

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  18:12:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send CourseKnot a Private Message
Well, if it wasn't clear before, this ought to remove all doubt...

lmao haa!

Just flying through space with the rest of you...
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  00:31:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message

From Bartcop, who loaths and despises Bush almost as much as I.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2005 :  23:01:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
What is funney is you guys don't even know that Bush doesn't believe in the God of the Jews. From what I can tell.

You guys are all about research, dyed in the wool evolutionists. You'll believe that BS, but you won't look into the Occult that is running our government.

Bush doesn not beilieve in god, he believes in the 'light'. A higher power, like, ehm, Lucifer... I believe. Yeah divide up Gods land Israel anymore and you will have hurricanes every minute slamming into Florida.

Did you chaps know that 33% of the UN resolutions have been passed concering a tiny nation of Israel???

You can't beat God!!! I should know this, I need to practice what I preach!!! LoL!!!!

What came first the chicken or the egg?

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

There are no atheists in foxholes

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

II Thess. 2:11 And for this cause God shall
send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

You can not see the 'wind', but you can see its effect!!!!

Evolution was caused by genetic mistakes at each stage?

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

We have not seen such moral darkness since the dark ages, coencides with
teaching evolution in schools. (Moral darkness)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2005 :  07:42:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
quote:
What is funney is you guys don't even know that Bush doesn't believe in the God of the Jews. From what I can tell.

"I urge all Texans to answer the call to serve those in need. By volunteering their time, energy or resources to helping others, adults and youngsters follow Christ's message of love and service in thought and deed."
Therefore, I, George W. Bush, Governor of Texas, do hereby proclaim June 10, 2000, Jesus Day in Texas and urge the appropriate recognition whereof,
In official recognition whereof,
I hereby affix my signature this
17th day of April, 2000.
"Jesus Day 2000" Proclamation

"I fully understand that the job of the president is and must always be protecting the great right of people to worship or not worship as they see fit. That's what distinguishes us from the Taliban. The greatest freedom we have or one of the greatest freedoms is the right to worship the way you see fit.
"On the other hand, I don't see how you can be president at least from my perspective, how you can be president, without a relationship with the Lord."

quote:
Mr Bush clearly does believe God is involved in his life. Asked at a debate in the Republican primary contest in 1999 which philosopher he most identified with, Mr Bush replied promptly, “Christ—because he changed my heart.” At a national prayer breakfast in February 2003, he said he “felt the presence of the Almighty”. The president has talked of making decisions “on bended knee”.

"Scripture says: "Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted." I call on every American family and the family of America to observe a National Day of Prayer and Remembrance, honoring the memory of the thousands of victims of these brutal attacks and comforting those who lost loved ones. We will persevere through this national tragedy and personal loss. In time, we will find healing and recovery; and, in the face of all this evil, we remain strong and united, "one Nation under God.""
-- George W. Bush, directing the religious exercises of his constituents: "National Day of Prayer and Remembrance for the Victims Of the Terrorist Attacks on September 11, 2001" (September 14, 2001)

"When you turn your heart and your life over to Christ, when you accept Christ as the savior, it changes your heart." -- George W. Bush, in Des Moines, when three of six candidates named Jesus Christ as role models, December, 1999, quoted in "Jesus in Charge? Whose Election Is it Anyway?" by American Atheists

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Edited by - pleco on 10/21/2005 07:55:19
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2005 :  07:45:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by pleco

quote:

"I urge all Texans to answer the call to serve those in need. By volunteering their time, energy or resources to helping others, adults and youngsters follow Christ's message of love and service in thought and deed."
Therefore, I, George W. Bush, Governor of Texas, do hereby proclaim June 10, 2000, Jesus Day in Texas and urge the appropriate recognition whereof,
In official recognition whereof,
I hereby affix my signature this
17th day of April, 2000.
"Jesus Day 2000" Proclamation

Psh, P, don't you know that's just Bush's façade to hide his true, if evil, Illuminati-oriented ideals?

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2005 :  07:57:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
Yeah, sorry. I should know by now that if I provide evidence of Bush's evangelical faith in God/Jesus, that will be called lies. It is a can't-win argument. But I was bored and it is rather elightening to search for Bush religious quotes - there are a ton of them and it will give you the willies.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2005 :  19:45:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by verlch
Bush doesn not beilieve in god, he believes in the 'light'. A higher power, like, ehm, Lucifer... I believe. Yeah divide up Gods land Israel anymore and you will have hurricanes every minute slamming into Florida.

YAY!

I just KNEW that Verlch would play that card sooner or later. Not even the nutjobs at Rapture Ready bulletin board do that anymore (after some heavy-handed moderation by the admins who are, very much to my surprise, more attached to reality than I dared to hope for)

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2005 :  19:51:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Given those quotes of Bush above, where does to line go between a leader expressing his religious beliefs, and the leader violating the constitutional separation of church and state?

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds.