Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2005 :  16:16:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
I do that all the time (and I'm a little arthritic girl) just by trying to pull the key off my place's damned keyhole.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

sumnihil

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2005 :  14:11:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sumnihil a Private Message
the thing that disturbs me most about your original post, flatty is your wife's reaction to it. you accidentally bent a key, and your wife burst into tears? does that seem a bit of an overreaction to anyone else? i know next to nothing about metals, or the pressures involved in bending or twisting a key, but if a friend of mine bent a key on accident while in a store, tears would not be a natural reaction for me. what kind of person now thinks of her husband as "a bit weird" simply for bending a key (or three keys in a freakin' decade)

all great truths began as blasphemies.
--g.b. shaw

yes, i am aware that i do not use capital letters. it is discrimination, and discrimination is wrong. period.
Go to Top of Page

Flatty

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2005 :  15:03:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Flatty a Private Message
Sumnihil...she is very emotional at the moment, there is more to this story, strange happenings seem to follow me around, the day before I predicted in a dream a beaching of a large ferry local to us. I must add that I wish this had not happened to me, I'm not interested in the paranormal or stuff like that, I was after a logical explaination thats all

Flatty( most definately sane)

The wife thinking I'm a bit weird was guilding the Lily a bit!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2005 :  15:58:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Flatty

Sumnihil...she is very emotional at the moment, there is more to this story, strange happenings seem to follow me around, the day before I predicted in a dream a beaching of a large ferry local to us. I must add that I wish this had not happened to me, I'm not interested in the paranormal or stuff like that, I was after a logical explaination thats all

Flatty( most definately sane)

The wife thinking I'm a bit weird was guilding the Lily a bit!

Erm, which ferry was that? Was it written up in the media and if so, do you have a link? Was it the one in NY a few years ago?

Strange things happen to all of us. An event happens and you say, "I'll be damned, I saw that coming!" because in a way, you did. You 'had a feeling' that something might happen to that shoddy ferry sooner or later, and it was probably based on personal observation of the ferry's condition or perhaps the way the crew handled it. And you, as we all do, stashed it in the back of your mind to be brought forth by event. You may have even gotten it second-hand from a conversation.

I had a nasty feeling, just before the last election, that Bush was going to skate off with it. This, against the better judgement of almost everyone, including myself. I, sadly, was right. I got the 'feeling' because it seemed to me that Kerry wasn't enough of a scrapper, and the thought didn't jell until the day before election day. Nothing paranormal about it.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2005 :  04:34:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Filthy, he lives in Glasgow, UK.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2005 :  04:40:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Filthy, he lives in Glasgow, UK.

Yeah, I know. :embarassed: I looked at his profile, but after I'd posted. I should have edited I guess, but it didn't seem all that important.

Ah well...

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2005 :  23:28:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
quote:

Actually, it sounds to me as if you are searching for exactly the opposite. You seem to be looking for some confirmation of the "paranormal".

I predict things all the time. Many many times they come true. Nothing the least bit out of the ordinary about it however. Simple observation and taking note of patterns. The human mind, if you didn't know already, has a great capacity for pattern recognition.

And welcome to the SFN.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.