New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2005 :  14:05:01  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
In another thread, someone has referenced Kent Hovind.

Hovind has, for no good reason I can discern, a large following of the more easily deluded amongst the believers. He is a confirmed liar who, when caught at it, spins the same yarn at his next 'seminar.' He is a tax cheat and a piss-poor landlord on top of it all. In short, not the sort you'd want to instruct you're children on any matter, be it religious or secular.

So, I thought I'd point out, partialy with his own words, just how far 'round the bend this pathetic, petty charlatan really is.

The above link is to a general page on Hovind by the excellent John Stear.

It's a laff a minute, especally the Quacky Quotes page.! Enjoy!
quote:
In the process of analyzing Kent Hovind a lot of material had to fall onto the 'cutting room floor'. However, some of the comments Hovind has made deserve an honorary mention. The only criteria for the selection of a particular quote was if the quote has "pop factor". These quacky quotes are not arranged in any particular order. The sources used are identified at the beginning of each section. Enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I did not even know what being a humanist meant. I was only sixteen, and the brain doesn't even start developing until about twenty.

I believe the Great Pyramid was built to be the Bible in stone. The Egyptians did not build it.

The purpose if the New Age Movement is to get everybody together under one government, one religion, and then institute Lucifer to be the leader.

When God first made the world, there was not a genetic load. Therefore, they married sisters in the first generation, and in the second generation, they married cousins. After that, they were diversified enough to be no problem.

Some people think that [Cain] became a giant. That is a very real possibility, but we don't know for sure.

There has been research that indicates nearly all homosexuals come from families that have a weak father figure, and a dominate mother. I believe that research shows that there is a social link where the children are raised to be wimps or whatever.

Is it true that a chromosome has been found that proves that homosexuals are born with the inability to choose their life style? [.....] I do not buy the so-called chromosome link, and I believe that research has been shown to be erroneous. There never was a chromosome link. [emphasis added]

Some people say that demons came in human form and cohabited with women and begat half demon and half human, and their offspring were men of renown; people that were able to great things. They were supposed to have had wings on their feet, and to be able to fly. This is where the Greek mythology originated, which may not be too far fetched.

Therefore, there may not be any other stars in the solar system that have planets around them. [emphasis added]

If you are traveling down the highway at sixty miles an hour, and turn your headlights on, how fast is the light going from your headlights? Compared to you, it is going at the speed of light. Compared to someone on the sidewalk it is going at the speed of light plus sixty miles an hour. [Einstein must be turning in his grave]

And so forth for much more gobbldegook than you'd think possible.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.