Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2005 :  22:40:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
Well my patience is completely gone with this clown. I will simply ignore any thread started by latinhatesrandi.

And yes Latinalsohatesdave I am afraid to read your posts... I am afraid of the off chance that you might write something that makes sense or is true, in which case I could have a heart attack and die.

Have a fun life, dad.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  00:22:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by furshur

Well my patience is completely gone with this clown. I will simply ignore any thread started by latinhatesrandi.
Seems like a safe bet, since he doesn't seem to participate in threads he doesn't start.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  04:58:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by latinijral

quote:
Originally posted by filthy

When are you going to admit that you haven't the least idea of what you're talking about, the 'New Skepticism' is nonsense, and that you are no more than trying to fluff your ego by irritating others with bullshit?

The day you bring the evidence of your claim.

Did I irritate you with my answer?
Poor baby , I didn't mean it.

I have made no claims; I require no evidence. You, on the other hand, have done nothing but spew ridiculous assertions without the least support. Thus, you are a blatherskite and your words are devoid of value or even meaning.

And I am not at all irritated by some shallow, strutting, little popinjay such as yourself. I've met many in my life and found you all to be the same -- cavernous mouth and no substance. I think you're amusing; a joke. You should take your act to the stage; maybe do a comedy opener for Geller or Edward. You'd fit right in with that crowd, as they are popinjays too, and worthy of little more than contempt. The only difference between they and you is that they are making a good living at it whilst you waste your time puling around the various forums to the profit of no one.

You have come here bringing us neither fait accompli nor wisdom, nor even good queries. You have brought only sarcasams and the silliness such as might be found on any child's playground during recess time, in an obvious attempt to disrupt this board. And the evidence for that will doubtless be obvious in your reply to this post, as it has been in your replies to many.

It is not difficult to find some of your on-line history. A quick google on 'latinijral' will do it. Are you making a pastime, a hobby of this sort of behavior?

I rather think so, and if you were my kid, you'd get a six-month's grounding with no computer or telephone for showing your narrow ass in public, and bringing disgrace upon the family.

But you are not one of my kids nor even one of my grandkids, therefore, I can get a chuckle out of your buffoonery with all good conscience.

So, whereaway now, latinijral? Are you going to further entertain us with the nefarious shennagans of the Amazing Randi and then enthrall us with a New Skeptic's view of Uri Geller? Or you going to rest upon your laurls in the labirynthian puddle of preposterous sputum you've already hocked up? Or will you simply pop back into your hole like some snake-struck ground squirrel?

"Wee, sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous beastie,
O, what a panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!
I wad be laith to rin an' chase thee,
Wi' murd'ring pattle!"

Nay, no skeptic you, my friend. Only the clatter of a trash compactor and the wind from the rendering plant.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 03/13/2005 07:27:04
Go to Top of Page

tomk80
SFN Regular

Netherlands
1278 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  07:16:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit tomk80's Homepage Send tomk80 a Private Message
quote:

quote:

When are you going to admit that you haven't the least idea of what you're talking about, the 'New Skepticism' is nonsense, and that you are no more than trying to fluff your ego by irritating others with bullshit?

I'd say that, as long as you haven't answered the question:
What is the new skepticism and what makes you the father of it?
It is a safe bet that you haven't the least idea of what you're talking about. The evidence for the claim is your inability to provide an answer to the question.

Tom

`Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, `if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
-Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Caroll-
Go to Top of Page

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  20:16:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave.

Seems like a safe bet, since he doesn't seem to participate in threads he doesn't start.

Don't be coward. Just tell ALL your pseudo skeptic SFN dudes to STOP replying to my topics.
Or do you think I put a gun to them in order to obligate them to reply me or to read my topics?
What special rule do you have in your forum that just obligate me to reply to other threads before I start a new one?

What fear do you have that MY threads are the ones with more replies and more views ?
Think ,baby think.

You better put order in your forum. Stop the hijack of my threads .
You need to take off that label of Loser and Coward you won now.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Did I irritate you with my answer?
Poor baby , I didn't mean it.

I have made no claims; I require no evidence ( snip the blab blab blab)

Poor baby , I did irritate you with my answer.
Of course under your pseudo skeptic perspective you can think you have made no claims.
But you did. All were in your own bolded lines.
You are so irritated that you suddenly stopped your bolded nonsense.
You are beginning to learn, even from your own signature.
Maybe you have potential to become a real skeptic.
Relax son.

Father of the new skepticism

Cuneiformist "But yeah, I'm sick of latinijral. And his "new "skepticism"!
Go to Top of Page

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  20:18:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave.

quote:

In time.

And why would I want to wait? There's a Nobel prize in it for you, if you can demonstrate the truthfulness of your claim that everything has a rational explanation.

You chose that particular quote from my large response to Ricky question about URI.

Now:
You need to wait because future is a time period that means something to be uncoming.
Our present is the future of the past.
Some things that were considered “paranormal” apriori in the past , now has a rational explanation.
Is that so hard for you to understand?
Now you want for me the Nobel Prize for something so simple.

Now answer these questions :
Do you think everything has a rational explanation?
If the answer is YES , you can take the Nobel Prize for me.

If the answer is NO:
What kinds of things you consider will never have a rational explanation?

Another hard question for the SFN.

P.D.
My congratulations to Ricky for asking me something on topic.
And for his patience and good manners.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  22:12:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
You have no reasonable answer to any question put to you, so you come up with yet more condesending bullshit. Repetitive, condesending bullshit, I might add.

Do continue. It's been awhile since I've seen such nonsence belabored so seriously, and I'm getting a great deal of enjoyment from observing you as you dig your hole ever deeper, ever deeper. You have long since cast aside all of the credibility that was offered you when you came here, as it is offered to all. You replaced it with agnst and turmoil, and that's good. I like angst and turmoil, and this forum being what it is, I get too little of it.

Now then, take a break from your shoveling and, after due contemplation (if possible), give us a definition and explanation of the "New Skepticism."

Hmm. Perhaps I am being too hard on you. How can you put forth that which you do not have? Ah well, there it stands. Put up or shut up, chump.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  22:44:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
quote:
Maybe RICKY is satisfied with his curiosity about his specific question to the URI topic.
Maybe not.

In time.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  00:06:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

Don't be coward. Just tell ALL your pseudo skeptic SFN dudes to STOP replying to my topics.
Or do you think I put a gun to them in order to obligate them to reply me or to read my topics?
What special rule do you have in your forum that just obligate me to reply to other threads before I start a new one?
Apparently, you don't understand me. It seems to me that you don't post to threads which you (or Carlos) didn't start. This makes it safe for people to ignore threads started by you, because they won't find posts from you in other threads.
quote:
What fear do you have that MY threads are the ones with more replies and more views ?
What evidence do you have that I "fear" anything?
quote:
Think ,baby think.
You're not.
quote:
You better put order in your forum. Stop the hijack of my threads .
Why? What rule is being violated?
quote:
You need to take off that label of Loser and Coward you won now.
It's all yours.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  01:58:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
quote:
Of course under your pseudo skeptic perspective you can think you have made no claims.

So.... let me get this straight....

Asking questions is, in your obviously denatured brain, the same as making claims?

In what language does the grammar of asking a question equate to the stating of a claim? None that I am aware of.

You are seriously impared in your ability to comprehend.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  05:41:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Nah, Dude, he comprehends perfectly well. His impairment is in his understanding of honesty and ethics.

Latinijral's sole purpose here is, and has been from the beginning, to be such a schlemiel that he pisses off as many people as possible before getting his trivial ass banned, as it has been eleswhere. His past is his present, and it is safe to predict that it will be his future. From here, he might go anywhere -- the 'net is huge -- and repeat himself yet again.

He has indeed fathered the "New Skepticism," but it was with his hand for a partner.

Which is why he will never attempt to explain it; it is no more than a futile ejaculation staining a floor, no one knows where, as he lacks even the oeufs to register his country of origin.

But he has potential, oh yes. Who knows to what depths he could decend, given the motivation.

Perhaps if we can get him house-broken and promise to feed him, Kil will let us keep him for a pet.

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 03/14/2005 05:52:31
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  19:36:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Nah, Dude, he comprehends perfectly well. His impairment is in his understanding of honesty and ethics.

I believe that right now his only goal is to be banned. His post are completely without content, he started a thread "Close this thread and ban me", he knows Dave's position at SFN and he labeled him a "Loser and a Coward". I believe he wants out, but he can't quit. I also agree with filthy on his "lack of honesty and ethics."

Edited: And the locked thread in the Religion Folder. Knowing Kil's position at SFN and calling hime a loser.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Edited by - moakley on 03/14/2005 19:57:45
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  21:39:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by moakley

I believe that right now his only goal is to be banned. His post are completely without content, he started a thread "Close this thread and ban me"...
Actually, I read the title as a prediction. First I closed a thread of his, and he was suggesting that the next thing I would do would be to ban him. Hasn't happened yet, though. Had he actually said, "ban me now," I would have, without hesitation. There's a difference between pushing the limits of forum admins, and outright I-dare-you-to-ban-me defiance.
quote:
...he knows Dave's position at SFN and he labeled him a "Loser and a Coward". I believe he wants out, but he can't quit.
When Carlos was over at JREF (or so the "historical" threads tell me), it turned out that he had developed an "honor" issue, feeling the JREF had besmirched his honor, so he was trying (and failing) to get it restored. If latinijral is in a similar position (and I couldn't say, one way or the other - it took a Spanish speaker to figure it out with Carlos), the best thing he could do to restore his honor is to actually do something honorable by admitting to his mistakes (to say the least).
quote:
I also agree with filthy on his "lack of honesty and ethics."
I tell ya, the constant "moving of the goalposts" is quite amazing. latinijral must be getting exhausted from pushing them all over the field.
quote:
Edited: And the locked thread in the Religion Folder. Knowing Kil's position at SFN and calling hime a loser.
I won't speak for Kil on this matter, but latinijral's name-calling runs like water off this duck's back. It doesn't make any sense. Other people who've pissed me off had at least made their insults pertinent and personal (though none of them got censured because of it, either).

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  23:05:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by DUDE

quote:

So.... let me get this straight....

Asking questions is, in your obviously denatured brain, the same as making claims?

In what language does the grammar of asking a question equate to the stating of a claim? None that I am aware of.

Of course you are not aware of. You are a pseudo skeptic.

When are you going to stop beating your mom and dad just for being religious?

Hmmmmmm.

Don't ask me to give evidence of my claim since it is “just a question”.
I am laughing at you…loser.
Go cry with Filthy now.
Bwaaaaaaaaaaawwwwhahahahaha.

P,D.
Dave , don't elude the Nobel Prize subject.

Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  00:36:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
quote:
Of course you are not aware of. You are a pseudo skeptic.

When are you going to stop beating your mom and dad just for being religious?

Hmmmmmm.

Don't ask me to give evidence of my claim since it is “just a question”.
I am laughing at you…loser.
Go cry with Filthy now.
Bwaaaaaaaaaaawwwwhahahahaha.

That is known as a complex question. It assumes something, then asks about that which it assumes. In that question, the assumption is that the person is beating his mom an dad for being religious. If this assumption is false, the question is meaningless.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds.