Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  04:34:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by latinijral

quote:
Originally posted by DUDE

quote:

Of course under your pseudo skeptic perspective you can think you have made no claims.
But you did. All were in your own bolded lines.

So.... let me get this straight....

Asking questions is, in your obviously denatured brain, the same as making claims?

In what language does the grammar of asking a question equate to the stating of a claim? None that I am aware of.

Of course you are not aware of. You are a pseudo skeptic.

When are you going to stop beating your mom and dad just for being religious?

Hmmmmmm.

Don't ask me to give evidence of my claim since it is “just a question”.
I am laughing at you…loser.
Go cry with Filthy now.
Bwaaaaaaaaaaawwwwhahahahaha.

P,D.
Dave , don't elude the Nobel Prize subject.

Yes Dude, come cry with me, que ce triste, peu de cheveux pubic pourrait promouvoir le duvet son moi.

Ad hominim, it's all you have left, isn't it? No skepticism, no argument, no honesty, no honor. And the greatest sin of all; it's repetitious ad hom! You lack even the imagination to come up with something new. Or interesting. Or coherent.

It is rather like your unsupported, pitiful, little bit of codswallop about "New skepticism," you know? It has no foundation beyond some perverted, masturbatory fantasy, yet you have persisted in waving it about and bleating of it's nonexistant authority. And when called on your foolishness, you whine about moderator's abuse like a some ten dollar street whore trying to inspire pity, and shag another rock of crack.

You are no more than a montebank, latinijral, and not a very intelligent one. You sit at your keyboard with spit running down your chin, unable to think of more than to produce the same tripe over and over as though you were some degenerate and desperate political hack seeking support where none exists. And mayhaps, that's exactly what you are.

But you have obviously worked hard to become a crab louse infesting the pudenda of Truth, and you deserve your reward. As you have caused it a minor itch, so now you may bask in the luxery being scratched.

Your tenure here has been less than impressive due to your utter disregard and disrespect for others. Your behavior has been no better than what might be expected from someone with no mental discipline and an addiction to homebrewed crank. You dance with a snake, latinijral, at the same level, and call it ballet. Thus, your worth to these or any fora is less than that of that same serpent.

You have nothing to contribute beyond ill wind and reek. You can't even do a compentent job of casting insults, as you are too microchephalic to contain more than a few, and those of no more interest than what passes for your bog-spavined philosophy.

There. That, briefly, is how proper ad hom is done. As you can see, it takes some thought and effort to get it just right.

I do hope that you were paying attention because currently you're boring us to distraction. I further hope, but entertain grave doubts, that you have the cognitive skills to glean at least some of it.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 03/15/2005 05:41:00
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  06:36:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

quote:
Edited: And the locked thread in the Religion Folder. Knowing Kil's position at SFN and calling hime a loser.
I won't speak for Kil on this matter, but latinijral's name-calling runs like water off this duck's back. It doesn't make any sense. Other people who've pissed me off had at least made their insults pertinent and personal (though none of them got censured because of it, either).

I do not doubt this, but perhaps in latin's mind name calling is significant. Just a gut impression, and only because he seems limited in his ability to develop and express ideas that are significant or compelling.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  07:40:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

What's to elude? I asked you for evidence which would support your claim that everything has a rational explanation, and you failed to provide any evidence at all. You only spoke about some things having rational explanations now which seemed "paranormal" in the past, but that isn't predictive that all things will have rational explanations someday. This is a classic "hasty generalization" on your part.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  22:05:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by RICKY

quote:

Of course you are not aware of. You are a pseudo skeptic.

When are you going to stop beating your mom and dad just for being religious?

Hmmmmmm.

Don't ask me to give evidence of my claim since it is “just a question”.
I am laughing at you…loser.
Go cry with Filthy now.
Bwaaaaaaaaaaawwwwhahahahaha.

That is known as a complex question. It assumes something, then asks about that which it assumes. In that question, the assumption is that the person is beating his mom an dad for being religious. If this assumption is false, the question is meaningless.

You are correct Ricky.

So , I proved to DUDE that questions can contain claims that need evidence.

He was ignorant of this part, in his effort to excuse FILTHY for not providing evidence of his claim ( in his bolded questions)

He needed a lesson.
Now both are crying. ( D & F)

Father of the new skepticism

Cuneiformist "But yeah, I'm sick of latinijral. And his "new "skepticism"!
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  22:54:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
latinijral, have you failed to realize that the bolded lines, such as this one:

What is the new skepticism and what makes you the father of it?

are not complex questions? These do not assume anything that is not already well known. It is well known that you claim that you are the father of new skepticism.

You want evidence?

Look at your damn signature.

Edit:

Looks like I was mistaken, the above was not filthy's question. The following however are:

quote:

When are you going to admit that you haven't the least idea of what you're talking about, the 'New Skepticism' is nonsense, and that you are no more than trying to fluff your ego by irritating others with bullshit?

Thus far, you have proposed nothing but unsupported crap. When are you finally going to explain yourself?

You have debunked the old skepticsim, or so you claim. What pray, do you have to replace it? Tilting at Will o' the Wisp will not suffice.

You have debunked the old skepticism, or so you claim. Then what pray do you have to replace it with, other than bullshit?

The first is a complex question. It assumes you know you are only giving out bullshit.

The second is an opinion, it is filthy's (as well as most people here) opinion that you have "proposed nothing but unsupported crap." However, this has nothing to do with the actual question, "When are you going to explain yourself?" This is not a complex question.

The third is in no way a complex question, as it does not assume anything.

Same with the fourth.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Edited by - Ricky on 03/15/2005 23:33:05
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  02:36:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Well latinijral, I see that after you've been given what you've asked for, a seperate thread for explaining your "New Skepticism," you puked up some some of your usual, irrelevent garbage, then ran like the poltroon you are.

You don't have it, do you? And you never did, but of course, we all knew that from the beginning.

Go back there, you pussy, and either answer the question or admit that you have exactly jack-shit for any sort of skepticism, new, old, or factory second.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  03:03:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
quote:
So , I proved to DUDE that questions can contain claims that need evidence.

He was ignorant of this part, in his effort to excuse FILTHY for not providing evidence of his claim ( in his bolded questions)

He needed a lesson.
Now both are crying. ( D & F)

You ARE retarded, aren't you.

A simple question is NOT a claim.

The "bolded" question that you have repeatedly refused to answer is also in no way a complex statement that makes any assumptions within its context.

Nonsense like your blathering about how you beat your parents isn't, technically, a proper question anyway.

Anyway, when are you going to accept that I have debunked, by it's own criteria as stated by you, your "new skepticism"?

Clearly you are incapable of reasoning your way out of that one.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  03:40:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
"GAILY bedight,
A gallant knight,
In sunshine and in shadow,
Had journeyed long,
Singing a song,
In search of Eldorado.

But he grew old —
This knight so bold —
And o'er his heart a shadow
Fell as he found
No spot of ground
That looked like Eldorado.

And, as his strength
Failed him at length,
He met a pilgrim shadow —
"Shadow," said he,
"Where can it be —
This land of Eldorado ?"

'Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied, —
"If you seek for Eldorado !'"

-- Edgar Allen Poe

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

tomk80
SFN Regular

Netherlands
1278 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  04:29:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit tomk80's Homepage Send tomk80 a Private Message
To make it easy for Latin:
http://www.skepticfriends.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4067

Now answer the question already. We're asking for an answer a long time now.

Tom

`Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, `if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
-Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Caroll-
Go to Top of Page

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  21:00:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave.

quote:

What's to elude? I asked you for evidence which would support your claim that everything has a rational explanation, and you failed to provide any evidence at all.

I did it. You read it.
You told me I should get the NOBEL prize for it.

quote:

You only spoke about some things having rational explanations now which seemed "paranormal" in the past, but that isn't predictive that all things will have rational explanations someday. This is a classic "hasty generalization" on your part.

I made to you two question related to your assumption :

Do you think everything must have a rational explanation?
If the answer is YES , you can take the Nobel Prize for me.

If the answer is NO:
What kinds of things you consider will never have a rational explanation?

Until now, you eluded to answer those questions related to your assumption.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  21:10:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

I did it. You read it.
A hasty generalization is not evidence to support your claim that everything has a rational explanation.
quote:

If the answer is NO:

What assumption? I asked you to support your claim. You have failed to do so. Your questions are an attempt to shift the burden of proof for your claim. I've got an answer, but it doesn't have anything to do with you supporting your assertion that everything has a rational explanation. Quit trying to change the subject.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  21:18:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
Hey-- about that Geller guy. I think he's a fraud.
Go to Top of Page

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  22:33:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message

quote:

quote:

I did it. You read it.

A hasty generalization is not evidence to support your claim that everything has a rational explanation.

A hasty generalization is your assumption that you need first to know that I won the Nobel Prize just for using logic (the simplest) in order to “believe” in that logic.

quote:

quote:

If the answer is NO:

What assumption? I asked you to support your claim. You have failed to do so. Your questions are an attempt to shift the burden of proof for your claim. I've got an answer, but it doesn't have anything to do with you supporting your assertion that everything has a rational explanation. Quit trying to change the subject.

Failed? Prove it.
Changing your subject? Prove it.
You have an answer ?Prove it.

If the answer is NO:

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  22:37:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

Failed? Prove it.
You're asking me to prove a negative. It looks like you have no potential to be a "new skeptic."

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  22:46:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

quote:

Failed? Prove it.
You're asking me to prove a negative. It looks like you have no potential to be a "new skeptic."

It was your positive claim:"You have failed to do so."

Prove it.

Changing your subject? Prove it.
You have an answer ?Prove it.

If the answer is NO:

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds.