Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 General Skepticism
 Old skepticism' debunkery tactics ……..debunked.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  13:44:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

...even though he's lasted here a lot longer than he would have anywhere else.
I wouldn't be too sure about that. latinijral has had (so far) 117 days (over 16 weeks) to answer Dude's questions, What is the "new skepticism", and what makes you it's father? While he lasted only 113 days on SkepticalCommunity, he is still unbanned (or so it seems) on SkepticPie (269 days and counting, but he's only made 10 posts there), and may have spent over a year trolling on the JREF forums before being banned. Of course, I don't know if he spent all his time in those places steadfastly refusing to answer two simple questions.
quote:
I still hate to see a precident made over somone as shallow as this, but I now notice that only a very few of us are currently responding to him -- we too, might make a good study for a head-shrink student for our unwillingness to ignore him; drop the slops, as it were.
Masochism?
quote:
Never the less, he has lowered the discourse of these fora to a level that, while I feel right at home, is really not acceptable.
Well, Dude's latest logical realization - that the "new skepticism" is worthless - is spot on for our mission, I think (gotta remember to nominate it).

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  14:39:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Well, Doc had started the thread he has asked for. We'll see what happens.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  14:58:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:

As I have stated before, getting banned is exactly what this impotent arachnid wants. Not being a mental health expert, I haven't the faintest idea why, but I have ever decreasing doubts that he'd make an interesting, clinical study for someone who is or is aspiring to be.

From here, he'll probably go to the Skeptic's Ring to select another place to whine and whinge about Randi, and and how unfairly JREF and SFN have treated him, even though he's lasted here a lot longer than he would have anywhere else.

I still hate to see a precident made over somone as shallow as this, but I now notice that only a very few of us are currently responding to him -- we too, might make a good study for a head-shrink student for our unwillingness to ignore him; drop the slops, as it were. Never the less, he has lowered the discourse of these fora to a level that, while I feel right at home, is really not acceptable.

One more slim chance to clean up his act, then butcher the pig and dump him.

I think I know why people are still responding to him. He's Piper-esque in his posting style. Instead of the ALSJ, he's railing against the JREF. Completely impervious to logic and evidence, he continues to forward the same set of assertations and insults.

My Goddess, I am cured at last. I need not respond to him ever again.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  17:47:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Cuneiformist:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Dude

Well, by latin's own (apparent) criteria, it seems that "new skepticism" is prettymuch useless.

"old" skepticism, he claims, is a failure since it cannot force Geller to completely retire.

Therefore "new" skepticism must be an even worse failure, because it can't even convince the "old" skeptics that they are wrong!

Way to go latin, your the father of a miserable failure!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy SHIT! This is dead on, Dude. Thanks for pointing out this bit of logic we should have put forward ages ago!

All too true. But I still contend that the "new skepticism" is actually a belief in UFOs and alien visitation, based on the (admittedly meager) evidence we have:

-lat shows up ranting about Randi and Carlos and his WTC pictures, which has a UFO connection.

-The only thing he provides as a reference as to what the "new" skepticism might be is a rant by Drasin, who goes on at length about UFOs.

-I have challenged lat on this point repeatedly, yet has not replied, even in his usual dopey manner. In fact, he has avoided the topic like the plague. Hell, he responded to a perceived accusation that he had sex with amimals, but not a word when repeatedly asked about his UFO experience.

Hmmmmmmm.

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  18:55:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by R.Wreck

-I have challenged lat on this point repeatedly, yet has not replied...
According to latinijral's logic, since he hasn't denied it, it must be true.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

latinijral
Banned

197 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  22:08:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send latinijral a Private Message

quote:
Originally posted by KIL

quote:
Originally posted by latinijral

I wish to know what rule of your little forum says that.

quote:

Registration Rules and Policies Agreement:
In your use of these forums, you agree that you will not post any information which is vulgar, harassing, hateful, threatening, invading of others privacy, sexually oriented, or violates any laws.

These are all rules that you agreed to when you joined SFN.

Yes , and I don't see nothing about closing other threads if someone don't answer a curiosity out of topic first.

Then ,under your own rules, I demand you to open the threads you closed BEFORE I start to write ( on topic) in Dr Mabuse's thread about your SFN curiosity.

quote:
Originally posted by KIL

You have been vulgar, harassing, hateful and threatening. You have invaded others privacy. That little icon you posted with the girl removing her top was sexually oriented.

That is part of your double speech as the pseudo skeptic you are.
When the pseudo sceptics members of SFN began being vulgar, harassing, hateful and threatening with me ……… name calling , hijacking my threads, etc. …… you and your other pseudo skeptic administrator were on silence.
You just waked up when I gave them of their own medicine.
Hypocrital double speech you are.
Loser.
Just the same kind of action of other psudo sceptics forums.

And about that little “sexually oriented” ICON (with the girl removing her top).
You made me laugh. How many times you confessed your sin for looking at it?

You better “think” about Dr. Mabuse , when he WROTE about the TITS of his girlfriend.
Did you masturbated when you read it?
Double loser.

quote:
Originally posted by KIL
These rules may be overlooked at times and that is completely up to the administrator's discretion.

Under your pseudo skeptic discretion. Read all the above.

quote:
Originally posted by KIL

In your case, they add up. You are not the first to get a warning. But you are the first to suggest that we have made rules up as we go just to harass you. It is your lousy attitude and your continual breaking of the rules that may get you banned. As time goes on, you have made it harder and harder to let you slide on the rules that you have agreed to abide by. You can whine all you want to about our unfairness, but the fact that you are still here and allowed to post demonstrates that we are more than fair. We have bent over backwards for you and you still insult us with your lies and name-calling. What kind of person does that?

A person who is not afraid to tell you all the mistakes , lies , and contradictions of pseudo skeptic forums .

And what was THE RULE for closing my thread at the religion forum?
The pseudo skeptic loser rule.

quote:
Originally posted by KIL

Ed

Father of the new skepticism

Cuneiformist "But yeah, I'm sick of latinijral. And his "new "skepticism"!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  22:44:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
So, latinijral, let me get this straight. You want to be banned so you will not have to answer the questions?
quote:
latinijral:
Then ,under your own rules, I demand you to open the threads you closed BEFORE I start to write ( on topic) in Dr Mabuse's thread about your SFN curiosity.
You're kidding, right?

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  03:06:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
about your SFN curiosity.[/quote]You're kidding, right?

[/quote]Pretty amazing, isn't it? I won't claim that I saw it coming, but anyone who didn't see it must have been bitten by the tse-tse fly.

To make it all as fair and reasonable as possible, I've decided to only observe Doc's thread, not participate. It will make no difference of course, as it not even the Gods of the Greeks could keep this hobnail honest. It just ain't in his nature.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

tomk80
SFN Regular

Netherlands
1278 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  04:47:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit tomk80's Homepage Send tomk80 a Private Message
And I'll post the link here too:
http://www.skepticfriends.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4067

Come on Latin, we've been asking for quite a while now. If you are really the 'father' of the 'new skepticism' it shouldn't be that hard to tell us what the 'new skepticism' is and why you are the father of it. Game time's over son, get to work.

Tom

`Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, `if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
-Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Caroll-
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  05:59:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Over there in Doc's thread, something stuck in my mind -- took me a while to get a handle on it, then I realized that it's been apparent for some time:
quote:
So I can't talk about the tits of your girlfriend here?
I can't hijack this topic just because you said so?
I can't not treat you as the STUPID you are for starting a thread with a biased /juvenile opinion?
Will you answer me if a make a question to you?

[quote]Originally posted by DR. MABUSE.

Latinijral please answer these questions :

What is the 'new skepticism' and what qualifies you to be it's father?

Read all the above and answer me before I get on topic.
I also demanded some things to KIL.

The rules and questions are for everyone here.
I combat double speech and hypocrisy……………..son.

P.D.

You have the option to edit your opening post in order to you to start logically.
You need to answer me first, since you started with a biased opinion.
If someone edit this post , I will not continue.

This arrogant, insufferable, little twit seems to think that he can come in here and dictate to the administration!

Hey Kil, might I suggest that you close all of the treads concerning latinijral except Doc's? Beyond sharpening our skills of vituperation, they serve no useful purpose and are far removed from the SFN mission. And having but the one concise and to the point thread might help concentrate his attention.

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 03/16/2005 06:01:19
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  06:23:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

This arrogant, insufferable, little twit seems to think that he can come in here and dictate to the administration!
Not only that, but he thinks that all the crap you quoted from him was "on topic" for the new thread. Go figure.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  06:46:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by latinijral

That is part of your double speech as the pseudo skeptic you are.
Administration of a privately-owned Internet forum is not, in and of itself, a skeptical activity.
quote:
When the pseudo sceptics members of SFN began being vulgar, harassing, hateful and threatening with me ……… name calling , hijacking my threads, etc. …… you and your other pseudo skeptic administrator were on silence.
We were also silent about your transgressions of the rules for quite some time. Your first action here was to title a thread with the word "shit." Your second post here began harassing MoeFaux and "the desperate of some Randi´s fans."

It is only after nearly four months of this nonsense that you're being asked to answer for your actions. And what's your answer? That other people have done it, too. That excuse hasn't worked for me - anywhere - since kindergarten.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  10:19:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
Filthy:

Yeah, I know. That is a big part of his M.O. And of course, he gets banned a lot for trying to do just that. But that is not the reason we will ban him. He has it in his mind that he, like all others who think they have cornered the market on truth, has a sacred mission to accomplish. With all his lies, he actually believes he has ownership of the moral high ground. Plus, it is pretty clear that he hates skeptics. I think it is telling that he dodges every pertinent question put to him. He wouldn't know or understand critical thinking if it fell over it. So I guess critical thinking is not a part of the apparently non-existent “new skepticism.”

We have given him enough rope to hang himself with, and he is doing just that. It could have been otherwise. When he bitches about how unfairly he was treated here, all of the stuff he has posted in response to all of our attempts to get him to answer simple questions about claims he has made will be here for all to see, if they are interested. His attempts at martyrdom will not fly.
He has shown all who care to look that what he has accomplished here is a demonstration of how pathetic he really is. It's kinda sad if you think about it…

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  10:26:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
If people have comments about what's going on in this thread, I suggest they post them here in this one. I said I'd be strict, people.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  12:55:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

If people have comments about what's going on in this thread, I suggest they post them here in this one. I said I'd be strict, people.

It's cool. But I fear that any further comment I might put forth concerning latinijral would be quickly deleted, and rightfully. I and others have already asked him The Question numerous times in a number of wordings, and have nothing to show for it but a little amusment at his squirming away from the topic, whilst ducking flying red herrings.

Kinda like trying to grab a hagfish in a in a bucket of it's own, cold mucus excretions.

But I might suggest either using this thread, or perhaps open a new one..... forget that, he has too many threads now -- to sort of collect comments that might not be entirely appropate in Doc's.

On the other hand, the thought occurs that, as he actually has no answer, this might not last long enough to make collecting outside comments worthwhile. I forsee little but more of the same from latinijral.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds.