Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2005 :  10:40:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
My main bitch is that he has yet to come to any sort of a point. I'm beginning to think that he has none -- that's a lie. I've thought it for quite a while.

Kilik, none of us are so desperate for reading material that we will open all those freakin' links, whatever their quality. We have enough of our own to keep track of, and it is considered bad form, indeed downrhight rude, not to put forth your case in your own words. Links are for reference, not text. Cut & paste quotes should be identified as such. Nobody gives a cormorant's cloaca what someone else has to say in your posts unless you are using it to make a stated point.

So, I politly request that you either shit or get off the pot.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2005 :  10:45:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Deleted for a double. Dunno....

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 04/06/2005 10:53:07
Go to Top of Page

Kilik
BANNED

110 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2005 :  12:04:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Kilik a Private Message
Okay, on this thread I'm merely saying there is a connection between the evil beings of the past and now. The righteous beings are also related, and this time has been looked to and prohesised by many people in the past
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2005 :  12:20:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Well, if those "evil" or "righteous" beings didn't ever really exist, then it's possible to say just about anything about them and have it be "correct" in some way or another.

On the other hand, if these "beings" existed, and were really just people pumped up by mythologies, then them being "related" is nothing more than an acknowledgement of human nature (some people will do evil, others will do good). And a "prophesy" related to normal (or abnormal) human social behaviour isn't anything to get worked up about. There is always a "worst person in the world" and a "best person in the world."

And how did the spew about the "Great Law" fit in with your point?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Kilik
BANNED

110 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2005 :  12:22:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Kilik a Private Message
Two different Fa's from unrelated sources, showing that they are related in fact.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2005 :  12:28:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kilik

Two different Fa's from unrelated sources, showing that they are related in fact.
You wanna point 'em out specifically? Some of us weren't paying attention to the earlier link dumps.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kilik
BANNED

110 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2005 :  12:48:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Kilik a Private Message
http://forums.atlantisrising.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001153
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2005 :  12:59:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Well, this (which is quoted on that Atlantis Rising page) doesn't actually explain what the "Buddha Fa" is, except in other undefined terms (like "Zhen-Shan-Ren"). And that's the only "Fa" (specifically, two letters - F and A) to be found on that Atlantis Rising page.

So I'll ask again: you wanna point out these "two different Fa's" specifically? 'Cause that thread you pointed to doesn't help one little bit.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kilik
BANNED

110 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2005 :  13:03:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Kilik a Private Message

Da Fa= GRaet LAw, or Great way. Fa= way or law. In Falun Dafa it is sometimes also called the Buddha's Fa. TO go into it in detail will take some time, and a bit more study on my part before I go stating it definitively in my own words in a basic explanation.
Edited by - Kilik on 04/06/2005 13:08:23
Go to Top of Page

Kilik
BANNED

110 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2005 :  13:11:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Kilik a Private Message
These two systems are very old. ONe at least is several thousand. THe lineages and systems werer esearched in CHina by a QIgong Research Science society centre.

http://www.qinway.org/founder.htm
http://www.qinway.org/au1.html

ANother style
http://dayan.oompa.net/qigong.html
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2005 :  13:22:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Falun is the name of a mid-sized town in Sweden, that's about all I know and care to know at present.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2005 :  16:02:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kilik

Okay, on this thread I'm merely saying there is a connection between the evil beings of the past and now. The righteous beings are also related, and this time has been looked to and prohesised by many people in the past

Interesting (sort of), but nothing you've noted after this makes sense. For instance, you soon talk about Fa's, which arean't clearly explained, neither for their own sake, nor for how they relate to "evil beings" being "related." At one point, you talk about old systems, linking to a page where we read about Qigong master Qinyin. A search of the page shows that there's no reference to Fa, nor to anything about "evil beings."

Again, I don't see the connection. You're obviously talking about either a) something very difficult to understand; b) high on some pretty powerful narcotics; c) stupid; or d) jerking our chain. So I implore you: work hard to make sense by writing logical, flowing posts trying to make a point, or leave. We've already dealt with particularly annoying troll, and I'm sure no one wants to have that again...
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2005 :  17:14:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
Kilik:
TO go into it in detail will take some time, and a bit more study on my part before I go stating it definitively in my own words in a basic explanation.

Oh good grief. By all means, go off and study the claim you seem to be making. It would greatly benefit you if you had a real command of the ideas that you want us to understand. It might even lead to a normal discussion on these topics. Stranger things have happened. Take all the time you need…

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2005 :  19:33:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message

http://www.qinway.org/au1.html

At the bottom of this site take a look at the 'energy pictures'.

Man's ability to delude himself never ceases to amaze me.

Fa = a long long way to run?

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2005 :  19:36:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
F/a=m

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds.