Structure of the universe now known definitevely
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kilik
BANNED

110 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  16:35:53  Show Profile Send Kilik a Private Message
I ching, Kabbalah and Buddha school formations of the universe confirm each other. This way, is the only way one can know for sure. The universe is 10 directional, -
http://www.geocities.com/jussaymoe/TOL/tol3.htm
http://www.falundafa.org/intro/0-falun.htm

modern discoveries confirm Tao
http://www.anton-heyboer.org/i_ching/trigrams/archetypes.htm

Edited by - Kilik on 04/07/2005 17:04:24

woolytoad
Skeptic Friend

313 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  17:06:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send woolytoad a Private Message
No, the universe is flat.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  17:06:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
This is a mixed bag of garbage. Do any of the three links you provided offer evidence of your claims about the "formation of the universe?" Doesn't look that way to me.

Kilik, it is possible for you to present a coherent argument about anything?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Kilik
BANNED

110 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  17:21:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Kilik a Private Message
"The Tree of Life is a mandala worthy of deep contemplation. Its ten spheres, and 22 links reveal a most comprehensive diagram of the levels of reality. Like the Tetragrammaton, the Tree of Life is both a map of the unfolding creation and a diagram of human development. Its detail allows a great flexibility in definition, so that the concepts of other metaphysical cosmologies can be cross-corelated with each other across the Tree of Life. For example, astrology, numerology, yoga chakras, and the hexagrams of the I Ching. It also has parallels with modern particle physics."

http://www.jamesclairlewis.com/pages/metaphysics/tarot.html
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  17:51:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  18:14:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kilik

"Its detail allows a great flexibility in definition..."
So much so that you can force it to "mean" anything, and so it means absolutely nothing. Especially in the hands of people who obviously know only enough about particle physics to make tremendously banal statements about it, guaranteed to satisfy the newager seeking solace amongst a host of pleasant-sounding absurdities.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kilik
BANNED

110 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  18:17:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Kilik a Private Message
if somethings real it's real, so it would correlate. I ching shows modern physics is on a good track.
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  18:18:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:

I ching shows modern physics is on a good track.
I'm sure every physicist is relieved by that endorsement.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  18:45:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

if somethings real it's real...
Ah, tautologies. Gotta love those, since they can be used to "prove" anything.
quote:
...so it would correlate.
If I'm understanding you, you're saying that anything which is "real" will "correlate" with the I Ching. This is only a useful observation if all "unreal" things fail to correlate with the I Ching. Is that converse correct?
quote:
I ching shows modern physics is on a good track.
Every attempt which has been made to somehow link Eastern mysticism with quantum physics has demonstrated itself to be a miserable failure at understanding quantum physics. As H. Humbert suggests, this is why high-energy physicists don't make a pratice of throwing hexagrams in order to determine theory or experiment.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kilik
BANNED

110 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  19:01:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Kilik a Private Message
quote:

Ah, tautologies. Gotta love those, since they can be used to "prove" anything.
[quote/]

It was an explanation.

[quote]If I'm understanding you, you're saying that anything which is "real" will "correlate" with the I Ching. This is only a useful observation if all "unreal" things fail to correlate with the I Ching. Is that converse correct?[quote/]

NOt sure about that, but basically, if something is true it should correlate to the I ching to a certain dgree. If it's made up out of thin air it wouldn.t, but if it's based on observation and knowledge, then it would.

[quote]Every attempt which has been made to somehow link Eastern mysticism with quantum physics has demonstrated itself to be a miserable failure at understanding quantum physics. As H. Humbert suggests, this is why high-energy physicists don't make a pratice of throwing hexagrams in order to determine theory or experiment.

It's plain to see! look at the wave pattern of the Taiji diagram, coming from Wuji the primordial state. It is seen in planets, moons, stars, genders, orbital patterns in nature, and of course in the microcsmic realm. It's also connected to GOd too.

Also, I ching doesn't have to be used randomly at all.
Edited by - Kilik on 04/07/2005 19:07:09
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  19:30:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Actual discussion. This is good.
quote:
Originally posted by KilikIt was an explanation.
Tautologies don't explain anything, either. For example, "Why is the sky blue? Because blue is the color of the sky."
quote:
NOt sure about that, but basically, if something is true it should correlate to the I ching to a certain dgree. If it's made up out of thin air it wouldn.t, but if it's based on observation and knowledge, then it would.
Well, if you're not sure, then don't posit it as if it were fact. Correlation with the I Ching would only be a useful "measure" if and only if things which are "true" correlate well with the I Ching, and things which aren't, don't. If there exist made-up stuff which correlates well - "false positives" - then the I Ching is useless as an aid for discovering what's "true," unless we also have a guide to tell us what's a false positive and what's not.

And even if it has no false positives, then the I Ching should correlate very poorly with itself, since as far as I can tell, it was made up out of thin air.
quote:
It's plain to see! look at the wave pattern of the Taiji diagram, coming from Wuji the primordial state. It is seen in planets, moons, stars, genders, orbital patterns in nature, and of course in the microcsmic realm. It's also connected to GOd too.
If it's plain to see, then why do I fail to see it in planets, moons, stars, and genders, and only see a hint of it in some galaxies if I ignore the details? And if by "microcsmic" you meant "microscopic," then the "wave pattern" is clearly missing at the sub-atomic scale, from every physical model so far put forward.

And to assert that it's "connected to God," when many of us here see no evidence for the existence of God, is to suggest that the I Ching is giving us all a big false positive.
quote:
Also, I ching doesn't have to be used randomly at all.
That simply tells me you've missed the point about the physicists.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  19:48:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
quote:
"The Tree of Life is a mandala worthy of deep contemplation. Its ten spheres, and 22 links reveal a most comprehensive diagram of the levels of reality. Like the Tetragrammaton, the Tree of Life is both a map of the unfolding creation and a diagram of human development. Its detail allows a great flexibility in definition, so that the concepts of other metaphysical cosmologies can be cross-corelated with each other across the Tree of Life. For example, astrology, numerology, yoga chakras, and the hexagrams of the I Ching.

This blather is followed by this rather amazing statement made with zero evidence.
quote:
It also has parallels with modern particle physics."

Delusion is a wonderful thing...

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.