'submit post' takes me to main menu
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  01:02:36  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Twice now when I posted, instead of staying in the thread I ended up on the main menu. Weird because it doesn't happen every time.

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  01:03:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Make that 3 times. But this time from 'quick reply' I stayed on the thread. Let's see what 'edit' does.

It took me to the main menu.
Edited by - beskeptigal on 04/10/2005 01:05:09
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  01:27:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Very annoying. Now it is occurring with each post except 'quick reply'.
Edited by - beskeptigal on 04/10/2005 01:27:57
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  21:43:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
test

Gravity, not just a good idea...it's the law!

Sportsbettingacumen.com: The science of sports betting
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  21:43:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
test reply with quick reply.

Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  21:46:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
beskeptigal,

Can you give me any more information? Are you at a new or different computer? Could you have a new piece of spyware interfering? Spyware can do odd things. I was unable to duplicate your problem but it obviosly happened to you. I just need a little more information. Think back. Is anything different. Did you install anything even a patch or upgrade to anything? Is anything else not working right?

@

Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  23:48:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
We do have an upgraded version of zone alarm. I think the problem occurred before the manual upgrade but they have auto upgrades as well. I can try it without the upgrade in a few days since it is only a 15 day free trial anyway and then we are going back to the freeware.

No change in the computer or hardware.

It doesn't happen on any other board but this is the only board with this particular format. But, if it is only happening to me and it only happens now, clearly it must be on my end.

I'll ask my son what else he may have done. He doesn't ask or tell me everything since he knows more than I do anyway about the software.

It continues to occur. Only in quick reply do I stay in the thread after posting. Everything else takes me back to the main forum menu. Oh well, there are worse things like not being able to post at all.
Go to Top of Page

@tomic
Administrator

USA
4607 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2005 :  08:36:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage Send @tomic a Private Message
Have you been using Firefox all along? I haven't ever touched Firefox so I can't guarantee that SFN works with Firefox but I see no reason why it shouldn't.

A good thing to try is deleting your SFN cookies. There might be 2. Reboot and sign on again and hope that does it.

@

Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  13:49:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Weird but true. My animated gifs weren't working either. So after asking around it turned out I had to go to Zone Alarm and turn the gifs on. For some reason when I went to a free trial of an upgraded version of Zone Alarm, the default setting has the gifs turned off. (So dumb since I'd think we all want out smileys to move.) Anyway, now when I post I don't get sent to the main forum menu. Is that bizarre or what?
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  19:08:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message
After I submit a post it takes me to the main meanu as well, been doing it for about a week or two.

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:
The result of an unbiased and rational search for the truth.

Infinitus est numerus stultorum
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  19:13:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message
Well now, that time it did not....weird.

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:

Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  03:03:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by astropin

Well now, that time it did not....weird.

When I posted to "quick reply" I stayed on the thread. Edit and post new reply or reply with quote took me to the forum menu.

Do you have Zone Alarm?
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  08:48:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by beskeptigal

[Do you have Zone Alarm?

I do not have zone alarm, but I do have Spy Sweeper & Norton Internet Security

Atheism:

Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  08:50:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message
And that last post did take me to the main "Forums" menu

Atheism:

Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2005 :  02:20:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Well I'll bet there is a different weird programming glitch on some program you're using. Are there any levels of security you can adjust?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.