New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2005 :  13:04:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by H. Humbert

quote:
Originally posted by Ricky
A news woman already there. She was interviewing me and said, "Looks like someone was watching from above" to which I responded "I don't know..."
Good for you, Ricky. Of course I would have launched into a 20 minute tirade how about if there was anyone up there "watching" they really should have decided to do something before you had "Goodyear" branded across your forehead... but I digress. I'm glad you seem to be all in one piece. How's your lady friend?

quote:
From astropinWow Ricky, that is a great story. You will be telling that one for the rest of your life. Chalk one up for the soft ground.
Damnit! As usual, somebody beats me to it.

Your last name is ironic, isn't that one of the names of the guys who was thrown into the fiery furnace in the bible, and survived?

Yeah, holy s**t! I can't believe that you weren't more seriously hurt! Did the soft ground aborb some of the weight or something? At least you're ok!

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Edited by - the_ignored on 04/24/2005 13:09:08
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2005 :  20:02:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message
Glad you two are alright, all things considered. Wow, you even made it into a video news clip.
Good idea earlier about next time....sacking out next to large obstacles.
I just wonder what the living hell that driver was thinking anyway, the way he drove over the bags like that.
Ricky, if you don't mind me asking...just what was his immeditate reaction to this near catastrophe?

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2005 :  20:50:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
As for his immediate reaction, I can not tell. I was on the right side of the truck, opposite to the diver door. After being run over and getting out from under the truck, I sat there for about 30 seconds to a minute trying to collect myself.

But later, I went over to the other side to see if Kathy was ok. At this point, he was basically in a catcher position with both hands over his eyes.

After that, the paramedics came and put me in a stretcher, so I couldn't look in any direction but straight up.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  03:52:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
A friend of mine broke his leg after driving off the road with his bike. He lay a bit away from the demolished bike and couldn't see what shape it was in. Once the paramedics came and strapped him to the stretcher and started carry him off to the ambulance he pleaded them to turn around so he could see his bike. They just said "no, you've had enough bike for today..."

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

bloody_peasant
Skeptic Friend

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  05:16:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send bloody_peasant a Yahoo! Message Send bloody_peasant a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Wow, Ricky!

I'm glad you're allright! Sue the ass off that driver, some people shouldn't have license in the first place.

Yeah some people like astropin
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  10:27:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by bloody_peasant

[
Yeah some people like astropin

Funny thing is I have never been in an accident with another auto! Plus, I have never injured anyone. Now that I'm married, two kids, and approching 40, I seem to have left the thrill seeking days behind me. Though I still want to try sky diving and bunjie jumping some day.

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:
The result of an unbiased and rational search for the truth.

Infinitus est numerus stultorum
Go to Top of Page

Boron10
Religion Moderator

USA
1266 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2005 :  12:50:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Boron10 a Private Message
Well, this is not quite as spectacular as Ricky, but I was also hit by a truck.

Wednesday, I was about to cross the street. I glanced over, saw that a Ford Explorer was coming, but slowing down. Naturally, I assumed he was slowing for the stop sign and that he would see me. As I was about 1/4 across the street (in the middle of his lane) I noticed out of the corner of my eye that he wasn't slowing all that much (he was just slowing enough to turn). At this point it was too late to get out of the way, so I jumped (like in the movies), threw my hands out and rolled over the hood of his car.

I spent a minute or so standing in the middle of the street feeling myself up to figure out if I was damaged in any way (I wasn't). The man had stopped when he heard something hit the hood of his SUV, and called out, "Oh my god! Sir, are you OK?" I told him I was and that he should continue on.

Anyway, that's the first time I have ever been hit by a truck. Rather novel. I am just glad I have peripheral vision, eh?
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2005 :  13:50:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
We should start a new club: Skeptics Who Have Been Hit By Trucks (or SWHBHBT for short)

When you say you rolled over the hood, you mean off to the side, right? Not as in actually all the way over the car. Was the man reluctant at all to just drive away? I would imagine I would be.

Suggestion for a new nick name: Frogger

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2005 :  15:59:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Need a classier club name. How about "Skeptics with Physical Interactions with Trucks," or SPIT?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Boron10
Religion Moderator

USA
1266 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2005 :  20:08:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Boron10 a Private Message
Yes, I just rolled over the side of the hood. It was about a 270 degree turn, so I ended up facing into the street as if I had just turned right 90 degrees.

Hmmm .... SPIT. I like it!

And, for what it's worth, I was pretty good at frogger in my youth ...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.5 seconds.