New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2005 :  13:08:34  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
What SFN really needs is an Idiotcy Folder. This is not in humor 'cause, while it might be funny, I don't find it really all that humorous.

But, as we lack that sensible place, a place where we can comment on the ravings of such as Pat Robertson, et al, I'll put this idiotcy here. It doesn't really compete with either Prayin' Pat, nor even et al, but it would fit right into Idiotcy never the less.

Would you believe a 15 pound hamburger?

Thass right, bunky; a fifteen freakin' pound chunk of cheap, greasy, most likely South American bovine ground up into a magnificent testimony to ill-advised gluttony, topped with no less than 25 pieces of the foulest insult to cheese ever: American processed.

They say that it feeds four people -- even I can do that little, bitty math. It comes out to something over 3 lbs. apiece, and that's still one hell of a lot dead cow & toppings to take in for a quick snack. It makes a lot more sense to me for everyone to have their own cholestrol bomb, rather than try to portion that cannonball out.

15 pounds.... And sure'n hell, some or many of our brain-damaged kindred will try to polish one off in a sitting, and probably already have.

15 pounds.... The world's biggest burger. I suppose the Guiness folks might be interested in it, that is, until next week when someone starts trying to peddle a 20 pounder.

15 pounds.... Y'know, it almost makes Mickey D and the rest of the burger cannon's offal look reasonable; even healthy.

15 pounds.... I wonder how many lopped-off fingers will fit in a burger that size.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

bloody_peasant
Skeptic Friend

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2005 :  13:45:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send bloody_peasant a Yahoo! Message Send bloody_peasant a Private Message
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 15lbs of fat goodness How could you complain about so much tasty meat in one serving >:-D

Honestly 1lb or a little more of any beef is about all I can handle, and I feel that for the rest of the evening. Although I have been known to on occassion eat a 24oz steak mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2005 :  13:56:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
quote:
They say that it feeds four people -- even I can do that little, bitty math. It comes out to something over 3 lbs. apiece, and that's still one hell of a lot dead cow & toppings to take in for a quick snack.

Four people tried to eat it, but they couldn't. From the article:

quote:
"It can feed a family of 10," said Denny Liegey Sr., the restaurant's owner.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2005 :  14:06:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ricky

quote:
They say that it feeds four people -- even I can do that little, bitty math. It comes out to something over 3 lbs. apiece, and that's still one hell of a lot dead cow & toppings to take in for a quick snack.

Four people tried to eat it, but they couldn't. From the article:

quote:
"It can feed a family of 10," said Denny Liegey Sr., the restaurant's owner.

Right. I got it confused with another article I'd read. Still, I don't see anyone dissceting one into 10 portions.

Doing a little more junior math, the price is thirty bucks. Less the weight of the toppings, that figures out to a little over $2.00 per pound, on the platter. That's some cheap burger (read: 30+% fat).

Betcha he sells a myriad of 'em.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2005 :  05:41:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message
All sarcasm aside, I firmly believe the US is in decline. There are many signs....

And a 15lb hamburger? An eye-rolling why is appropriate.

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.