New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2005 :  01:41:50  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
They're taking back the dinosaurs -- whatever shall we do...?

I was tempted to put this in humor 'cause it's really one of Ham's better jests. He should'a saved it for next April.
quote:
We've invaded their “temple”!
Humanists are on notice: we're taking dinosaurs back!

by Ken Ham, president AiG–USA

First published in
Answers Update–USA
May 2005

Almost every time there's news in the secular press about Answers in Genesis, the reporter will mock the fact that we believe dinosaurs and humans have lived at the same time.

Indeed, evolutionists absolutely hate it when AiG uses dinosaurs to proclaim the falsity of the idea of evolution and the truth of the history in Genesis. Nearly every secular reporter who visits the AiG Creation Museum (under construction west of Cincinnati) seems perplexed as to why we're including dinosaurs—and they often express amazement that we would even dare to do so. And so when their TV or newspaper report comes out, there it is again: a mocking statement about dinosaurs and humans together.

Children and adults alike are fascinated by these creatures. Unfortunately, most people equate dinosaurs with millions of years and the evolution belief system. Dinosaurs have become almost icons for evolutionary teaching—they're treated as sacred “gods” that belong only to evolutionists for their purpose of indoctrinating generations in secular humanism.

I really don't understand how they can such statments; or any statements, for that matter. They have no important laboratories nor do any field work. They have yet to describe a new species nor have they come up with any new data concerning known species. Virtually all of their publishings are either fanciful imaginings or outright lies, and yet they put forth claims that not even P.T. Barnham would have the gall to propose.

Sometimes, reading Ham and the nonsense on the AiG site, I wonder if Owlsey's acid isn't making a comeback.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2005 :  03:57:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Ah, this explains it:
To the humanists: we have invaded your evolutionary temples, and we have gone into your “holy of holies.” We have captured the dinosaurs … and we're taking them back to give them their rightful place in history! They don't belong to you!
Ham and company envision themselves as modern-day Crusaders, with "evolutionists" playing the role of the savage arabs.

Which is funny since isn't it the case that the original Crusaders were Papists, to a man? When the Evangelicals align themselves with the Catholics, as they did with Terri Schiavo, you know the world is going to Hell.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Maverick
Skeptic Friend

Sweden
385 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2005 :  04:42:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Maverick a Private Message
Rubbish as usual. Bizarre logic, scripture, and the unfounded belief that evolution is a religion. Same thing every time they say anything related to this. The sad thing is they think this is somehow superior to actual science.

"Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy." -- Carl Sagan
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2005 :  05:36:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
Owlsey's acid ... as in
Bear: Owsley, LSD Chemist Extraordinaire from the 60s

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2005 :  07:56:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
A wave of concern failed to cross my face. [apologies to Douglas Adams :-)]

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2005 :  12:47:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
I find it quite ironic that the result of evolution is what this guy is talking about, modern reptiles. Of course I didn't see birds mentioned because he still has the grade school image of all dinosaurs as reptiles.

The sad part though, is how many people are so easily convinced there is real evidence backing this crap up.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.