Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  14:46:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

quote:
Originally posted by HYBRID

quote:
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

quote:

Let me clear this up by saying that science in itself is not dogmatic, it is the powers that guide it that makes it that way. Science is a great thing when in the hands of the people, unforntunately, this is not totally the case.But in my reality, using my brain and evalutaing things myself, when trying to live in an infinite reality and cosmos, can be as important if not more sometimes than what some have used science to dictate what is totally true and totally not true.

You do realize that space is infinite, as in it goes on forever, as in we will never see all of it...

OK, Ace. You've finally succeeded in tweaking me off.

And you are...

A member here. Your condescention without reason is really aggrivating. I would suggest that continuing to use it will just piss more people off.

SO..
quote:

You write at length concerning subjects you have absolutely no knowledge of as evidenced by your repeated claims that there is no body of evidence to support evolution.

Any cop can take a crime scene and make an innocent man guilty, what is your point? You can take bones from the earth and make them anything you want just by saying the words, and it still does not prove anything, junior, so calm down. I never repeated there was no evidence for a theory of evolution.

I said that evolution given the evidence in nature, and not in specific instances, is not a very good theory and has many problems that people do not wish to identify or acknowledge. Either due to ignorance or by choice.

Gee. more condescention. 38 year olds really love that. I ain't your junior. Knock it off.

I would not care if you were 106, its obvious that you can live your life based upon decades of garbage.

No amount of hand waving makes the body of evidence that evolution occurs go away. Have you never heard of a strain of flavobacterium that lives off of nylon? Since nylon is a synthetic molecule and no flavobacterium could process it prior to it's invention in the 1930's, thats a pretty strong statement for the existance of evolution.

This has nothing to do with what I am talking about. I said that evolution is evident in life, but the transition from hominids to humans naturally as explained in the theory of evolution is what I said before, and I am not going to repeat, you can read right? Its right there.

At this point, you have shown exactly no evidence general or specific concerning the flaws in evolution. Really, support your assertation.

Oh my god, If you don't know, I can't tell you man, just forget I exist if its like that. I gave you examples, take it for what you want, its there.

quote:

Likewise, you make unsupported assertions and then don't back them up. And I swear to God, if you use the "common sense" arguement, I'm gonna scream.

What assertations? Common sense? Anyway...

Common anti-science/anti-evolution tactic. A claim that common sense dictates that the theory cannot be true.

Didn't say that either..

quote:

You write much to appear wise, but reveal instead your ignorance on the subjects.

How so?I haven't revealed that much of what I really know, so slow down. When certain things need to be address, I shall address them, but first things first, you are avoiding some interesting things that I have previously posted either in website or post, do you know what they are? Will you address them please, before going off the deep end buddy, your kind of scary me here?

You have shown your arguementation style. It speaks volumes about your knowledge.

That is the problem with you, you think you have to have a style of argumenting, which really shows how indotrinated your brain is. The human mind is capable of infinite possiblities, and trying to put the mind into a style or fitted into one particular thing is just dumb, you deal with it!~

The posting style is familiar. Hmmmmm.

Yawn................

Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  15:09:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
Being skeptical is not all that hard. Just say you believe everything science has to offer, which in itself, no matter how you say it is a belief. Maybe well backed beliefs, but beliefs nonetheless. Just say you believe in the standard accepted view of life, tomato, tomato.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  15:32:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:

Being skeptical is not all that hard. Just say you believe everything science has to offer, which in itself, no matter how you say it is a belief. Maybe well backed beliefs, but beliefs nonetheless. Just say you believe in the standard accepted view of life, tomato, tomato.

And what do you believe, O font of wisdom? You are quick to sneer at those of others, but fear to put forth your own beyond the inconclusive blither in the quote at the bottom of this post. Why? No way to back them up?
quote:
No.My defense is and has been that we create our own reality in our minds first. Most of those scientists were just trying to do their jobs and contribute to the world, and I am not calling all of them liars. My point is that scientists have rules that they don't always follow, as in cases such as the theory of evolution for reasons I have stated previously.That is why it is called just a theory, but people take it like a 'biblical fact', when in reality, YOU CANNOT PROVE IT!

People think evolution is all there is, therefore, in there minds, that is all that will be. And for some, that is all that will be. We do have the ability to change our realities thought, although I doubt any of you will.

If one person says that the theory works this way, and it is widely accepted, some scientists under him may be instructed to follow this way or method, or they may respect the opinion of that person and not check his work. You could have generations all focusing on some bullcrap, and not even know, whole heartedly.

Browse Talk Origins.
quote:
Guess what, I have taken plenty of college course on human origins and prehistory. Your information was something I have been aware of, and anybody with a college(education) , high school, ged, pc can find out. My Neice knows what australopithcus is, and she is in the 4rd grade. Please do not insult me. Did you check my websites thoroughly? Probably not, oh well.

Yes, I did open them. They were interesting in spots. Do you believe in a world-wide flood?
quote:
Rationality and intuition guides me. Science focuses on one, religion the other. And that is why neither side will be able to see the any whole truths. Also becasue both sides are run or distorted by the same malevolent "force".
describe this 'force' and provide evidence of it's existance.

Y'know, HYBRID does remind me of someone we had in here, briefly, a while back. I don't recall the handle, but the style seems similiar similiar.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  15:48:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
quote:

You do realize that space is infinite, as in it goes on forever, as in we will never see all of it...

You do realize it isn't, right?
Space ain't infinite. The infinity of space is as dead an issue as is the concept of men never being able to fly.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  16:01:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Siberia

quote:

Space ain't infinite. The infinity of space is as dead an issue as is the concept of men never being able to fly.

I already tried to tell him. He's not having any of it because--get this--no scientist has ever seen all of space. Isn't that precious? This guy is a trip. I am sooooo hoping Dave posts one of his little lists where he collects every ridiculous thing Hybrid has stated, including contradictions. Those are my favorite. :)

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 07/12/2005 16:05:26
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  16:27:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:

quote:

I believe that you are wrong sir. But go ahead and keep telling me I am wrong, and maybe I will believe it.

Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  16:29:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by H. Humbert

quote:

quote:

I already tried to tell him. He's not having any of it because--get this--no scientist has ever seen all of space. Isn't that precious? This guy is a trip. I am sooooo hoping Dave posts one of his little lists where he collects every ridiculous thing Hybrid has stated, including contradictions. Those are my favorite. :)

I am waiting...

Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  16:35:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

quote:

And what do you believe, O font of wisdom?

what! At what point was I claiming that I was so wise? What I beleive is irrelevant at this point, because I could not convince you.

You are quick to sneer at those of others, but fear to put forth your own beyond the inconclusive blither in the quote at the bottom of this post.

When? I was merely saying what I felt. When did I sneer at anyone, who did not sneer at me first?

Why? No way to back them up?

I can back it up to someone with an open mind, and in my opinion, I have not seen who has one of those. Not saying that any of you could not have an open mind, it just has not been shown yet.

quote:
No.My defense is and has been that we create our own reality in our minds first. Most of those scientists were just trying to do their jobs and contribute to the world, and I am not calling all of them liars. My point is that scientists have rules that they don't always follow, as in cases such as the theory of evolution for reasons I have stated previously.That is why it is called just a theory, but people take it like a 'biblical fact', when in reality, YOU CANNOT PROVE IT!

People think evolution is all there is, therefore, in there minds, that is all that will be. And for some, that is all that will be. We do have the ability to change our realities thought, although I doubt any of you will.

If one person says that the theory works this way, and it is widely accepted, some scientists under him may be instructed to follow this way or method, or they may respect the opinion of that person and not check his work. You could have generations all focusing on some bullcrap, and not even know, whole heartedly.

Browse Talk Origins.

Blah..

quote:
Guess what, I have taken plenty of college course on human origins and prehistory. Your information was something I have been aware of, and anybody with a college(education) , high school, ged, pc can find out. My Neice knows what australopithcus is, and she is in the 4rd grade. Please do not insult me. Did you check my websites thoroughly? Probably not, oh well.

Yes, I did open them. They were interesting in spots. Do you believe in a world-wide flood?

Yes the earth changes from time to time. A disaster like the flood does fit into my theory. To say the earth does not or will not or has not changed, another ludacris statement. And yes there is evidence for this. But what good will going back and forth posting sites if no one will consider the implications. You have already said you are not going to believe any of it right, because you are a skeptic, so why try, right?

quote:
Rationality and intuition guides me. Science focuses on one, religion the other. And that is why neither side will be able to see the any whole truths. Also becasue both sides are run or distorted by the same malevolent "force".
describe this 'force' and provide evidence of it's existance.

Y'know, HYBRID does remind me of someone we had in here, briefly, a while back. I don't recall the handle, but the style seems similiar similiar.

Sorry for you, but shorty(slaying for guy or buddy) you don't know me.

Edited by - HYBRID on 07/12/2005 16:43:15
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  16:40:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
http://www.spaceandmotion.com/Cosmology.htm http://www.pbs.org/deepspace/experts/week1b.html

Just some examples, just a few.
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  16:54:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
http://www.returnofthenephilim.com/GiantBonesDiscoveries.html http://www.returnofthenephilim.com/PhotoAntediluvianGiant.html http://www.returnofthenephilim.com/NephilimRace.html http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050113/ap_on_sc/belly_of_the_beast_6 http://www.ideacenter.org/contentmgr/showdetails.php/id/847 http://www.mbowden.surf3.net/evol.htm

We have alot more to learn of our true history. Take of this info what you will. But at least acknowledge its existence.
Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  16:55:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HYBRID...
You see, we create our own reality, first in our minds, and then externally.
quote:
No. My defense is and has been that we create our own reality in our minds first.
Creating your own reality in your mind makes you, by definition, delusional. You are certainly entitled to admit that you are deluded, and from your nearly incoherent babbling, very few are likely to disagree. It would be wrong, however, to assume that we all create our own reality in our minds.

You apparently have very poor reading comprehension as you tend to totally miss much of what others are saying in clear and concise terms. You certainly don't understand the scientific process. You have no clue about what it is to be a skeptic. And even though the thread opened with your asking for an answer to that very question, you have tried to turn the cogent replies into an argument that skeptics are dogmatically closed minded.

Furthermore, you've demonstrated that you completely misunderstand evolution, and for that matter, don't have much of a handle on creationism. You seem to know very little about physics. You've shown an obvious weakness in your awareness of history. You aren't an especially good speller. It seems nearly impossible for you to maintain the focus of a discussion. You've avoided directly answering nearly every question that has been put to you. Your general communication skills are deplorable. And you display an insolent and generally unpleasant manner.
quote:
Look here, I would appreciate it if you would quit talking to me like I am some kind of idiot. That, I am not sir. "The difference between evidence and delusion..." YOu have some nerve buddy. Faithful? Man, you need to address someone else before I actually do get pissed. YOu have insulted me!
I don't recall anyone here actually talking to you as if you were an idiot, but your emotional rantings devoid of any intellectual content sure are starting to build a good case for you being one. "If it quacks like a duck..."
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  16:57:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
HYBRID, you seriously need to learn the forum code.

Your posts are so far from coherent that it is impossible to follow them.

If you do, in fact (I doubt it though), have anything meaningfull to say you should start by using some basic grammatical structure (nothing complicated, just some paragraphs and minimal punctuation will do). Then, learn how to use the forum quote feature so it doesn't look like you are quoting a person and just adding lines to their quote. Its impossible to make sense out of your nonsense already, without adding in a lack of grammar and srtucture.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  17:10:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by GeeMack

quote:
You see, we create our own reality, first in our minds, and then externally.
quote:
No. My defense is and has been that we create our own reality in our minds first.
Creating your own reality in your mind makes you, by definition, delusional.

Funny! I don't even have to acknowlegde (are you happy! I am not trying to win a pulitzer. When I write a paper for school, or something relevant, than I will proof read.

You are certainly entitled to admit that you are deluded, and from your nearly incoherent babbling, very few are likely to disagree. It would be wrong, however, to assume that we all create our own reality in our minds.

And you are who to decide this? All reality is created in each indiviual mind. Fact!

You apparently have very poor reading comprehension as you tend to totally miss much of what others are saying in clear and concise terms.

And apparently, you are a indoctrinated idiot who can't see outside of the box, created to imprison your mind and keep you from thinking completely. What others have said are the same things I have heard in a college institution!What makes you think I would respect you? Especially when I would stun my professors time and time again of simple questions that they should have been able to answer, being 'experts', but they could not because ultimately, its crap.

You certainly don't understand the scientific process.

I most certainly do!

You have no clue about what it is to be a skeptic. And even though the thread opened with your asking for an answer to that very question, you have tried to turn the cogent replies into an argument that skeptics are dogmatically closed minded.

Furthermore, you've demonstrated that you completely misunderstand evolution, and for that matter, don't have much of a handle on creationism.

How have I misunderstood evolution? Please enlighten me with something that I donnot know already. Please, I am waiting. You don't know any more than me buddy, so cut that shit out!

You seem to know very little about physics.

Here we go again. You mean what we know about physics at the present time. Do not patronize me with your bullshit tactics!

You've shown an obvious weakness in your awareness of history.

Oh really! Seeing that history is my major, I think I know it pretty damn well. I know shit you don't and more, don't test me.

You aren't an especially good speller.

I adressed this earlier, who gives a damn, its a website?

It seems nearly impossible for you to maintain the focus of a discussion. You've avoided directly answering nearly every question that has been put to you.

And so have you...

Your general communication skills are deplorable.

Man, who are you?No one to me.Get off your high horse of dookie
And you display an insolent and generally unpleasant manner.
quote:
Look here, I would appreciate it if you would quit talking to me like I am some kind of idiot. That, I am not sir. "The difference between evidence and delusion..." YOu have some nerve buddy. Faithful? Man, you need to address someone else before I actually do get pissed. YOu have insulted me!
I don't recall anyone here actually talking to you as if you were an idiot, but your emotional rantings devoid of any intellectual content sure are starting to build a good case for you being one.

That is bullshit, and you know it!

"If it quacks like a duck..."

You know, I am sic and tired of people like you generalizing everything with cute little anecdotes, occum's razor and so forth. It is lazy and weak, and not thought provoking at all.
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  17:16:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dude

HYBRID, you seriously need to learn the forum code.

Your posts are so far from coherent that it is impossible to follow them.

Because you are as deep as 3 ft of water.

If you do, in fact (I doubt it though), have anything meaningfull to say you should start by using some basic grammatical structure (nothing complicated, just some paragraphs and minimal punctuation will do).

This is a website, not the GRE's, get a grip. If you are so worried about my structure, and not content, then please talk to someone else.

Then, learn how to use the forum quote feature so it doesn't look like you are quoting a person and just adding lines to their quote.

I'll give you that much. But I frequent other sites, and the structure is all different. So excuse me for being human and making mistakes.God knows you don't make mistakes.

Its impossible to make sense out of your nonsense already, without adding in a lack of grammar and srtucture.

That is your problem, you are worried about shit that is not relevant, and you can just put off everything as nonesense, when you yourself are not very informed. Now what?

Go to Top of Page

woolytoad
Skeptic Friend

313 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  17:47:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send woolytoad a Private Message
quote:

http://www.spaceandmotion.com/Cosmology.htm http://www.pbs.org/deepspace/experts/week1b.html

Just some examples, just a few.

The first link says:

quote:
As only One thing, Space, exists, there can be no boundary to Space (as a boundary is between two things) thus Space is unbounded and therefore Infinite.

Just making statements with no evidence doesn't make it so.

The second pages neither supports nor refutes Hybrids idea, saying that space could be infinite, or it could be finite. We can't really tell yet. Which has always been my understanding.

quote:
I'll give you that much. But I frequent other sites, and the structure is all different. So excuse me for being human and making mistakes.God knows you don't make mistakes.

Eh? It uses the same tagging scheme as all boards these days.

Explanation removed since the forum keeps striping my ampersands
Edited by - woolytoad on 07/12/2005 18:28:55
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.14 seconds.