Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Conspiracy Theories
 If it is possible that some people can do some..
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  08:57:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Trish

quote:
Originally posted by HYBRID
No. The Bavarian Illuminati, the group you are referring to, there leader Adam Weishept was caught and tried. This group was started in 1776, and its creed was discovered and kept in a museum in France. They used the same symbols as many other secret societies throughout the years. I have taken courses in which we researched some very powerful mystery schools, their beliefs and some of their symbols. One of these mystery schools that existed as far back as 3000 b.c., used the same symbols as THIS branch of the illuminati, Bavarian.

I will identify some of these things if need be, so don't just on me yet. I have a 1986 dictionary and a 1964 dictionary which identifies the illuminati as "...a type of sect or religious group which has knowlegde denied to regular people or non-initiates..".

If I read the definition correctly, it states that non-initiates are denied knowledge of the inner workings of a particular sect or religious group. Does this mean Christianity is a form of illuminati? One young woman with whom I work is from Persia. She had no understanding of why someone would think their car was haunted by evil spirits because the license plate number contained the digits '666'.

I'm certain that I don't know the oaths or whatnot required of one who belongs to the Eagles Lodge down the road. Does this define Eagles as Illuminati?

Hybrid, you've read more into the definition than exists. If you look, you can see where the error was made. That knowledge denied to non-initiates does not necessarily equate to a major portion of control over the world.

The same holds true for UFOs. UFOs, Unidentified Flying Objects exist. However, UFO does not necessarily equate to alien intelligence. It simply means an object suspended in the sky was spotted and it is of an unknown origin. There are perhaps means by which we can, to a fair degree of certainty, determine what the unkown might be. But the concept of alien intelligence is certainly low on the list of objective possibilities. What we understand of the physics of the universe, would seem to deny the possiblity of alien intelligence expending the resources to travel here to mutilate cattle, show extreme interest in human sexuality, and caution us against whatever happens to be environmentally significant to the particular individual who believes they were abducted.

Well, I suppose I could ramble all night given the opportunity, but I shan't.

quote:
You call that being sensitive. Yeah right. I have had my own thoughts and research which lead to some of the things icke and many others have described, before I ever heard of him. But guess where a lot of my info comes from, college! It is amazing what you learn when you actually have an open mind. But I see that this conversation will go no where. SO let's do us both a favor and end it.No matter what evidence I present, there is no nwo, no secret societies, no global maniputlation, even thought the perps have left a trail a mile long for a long time and pretty much boasted of the things they are doing.

This is a waiste of time I am afraid. You would not be able to understand the basics, because we live in a fairy tale land where everyone loves everyone, the u.s. has the nicest best people in the world, and everything is random including mass genocides and atrocities(you figure it out) happen on a daily bases.I don't care what you think.

I'm curious, to which college do you refer? What course of study were you taking that led you to such conclusions? Which books, peer-reviewed authors, in which publications would their work appear?

Dr. Sagan (I believe it was) cautioned that an open mind was a necessary component of gaining knowledge, however that one should be wary of having such an open mind that their brains fell out.

I'm really not attempting to poke fun at you. However, it seems you've no throttle on that which you believe, when you hear it. Or is it a faux paux to accept that which science has consistantly shown again and again to be predictable and reproducable.

Actaully, having visited Japan, I would say that many of the people I met in Japan were more inclined to acting in a 'socially acceptable' manner than those here in the US. Well, at least if you lose something, you have a high expectation of having the item returned to you in Japan, or at least turned into the lost and found.

As for war, well, we'll leave that be. I'm in a rather calm mood right now, and I'd like to stay where I am. Thank you.

edited: because I should know the difference between 'know' and 'no'. Silly me.

You think that this is all to the illuminati? And freemasons? Damn you are dumb, I keep trying to give you a little credit, but damn! Do you know what mystery schools are?Do you know that secret societies study the mysteries?DO you have any idea what they are? DO you have any ideas that i studied mystery schools in a COLLEGE INSTITUTION? DO you know there symbols, beliefs creeds?Probably not, but go ahead and tell me some more stuff that is not true, because you are obviously and expert. Oh great one.
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  11:00:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
Well, I come from a place where colleges are everywhere and anybody can get a diploma in three months so see, that's easy. College degrees mean nothing to me; reputable, credible colleges do. What was/is your college, Hybrid?

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  11:06:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Siberia

Well, I come from a place where colleges are everywhere and anybody can get a diploma in three months so see, that's easy. College degrees mean nothing to me; reputable, credible colleges do. What was/is your college, Hybrid?

Well, damn! Why don't you just come out and say I don't know shit why don't you! Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana. But what difference does that make?Colleges are everywhere huh? I am sorry to tell you that I will not recieve a degree in three months at this school my friend.
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  11:18:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
quote:

quote:

Well, damn! Why don't you just come out and say I don't know shit why don't you! Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana. But what difference does that make?Colleges are everywhere huh? I am sorry to tell you that I will not recieve a degree in three months at this school my friend.

No, I'm not saying you're an ignorant bastard who bought your diploma. I'm saying that waving a piece of paper proves nothing at all and shouldn't be used as "I HAVE A DIPLOMA SO I BEAT YOUR ASS DOWN". I myself am graduating next year. So fucking what, heh?

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  11:49:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:

No, I'm not saying you're an ignorant bastard who bought your diploma. I'm saying that waving a piece of paper proves nothing at all and shouldn't be used as "I HAVE A DIPLOMA SO I BEAT YOUR ASS DOWN". I myself am graduating next year. So fucking what, heh?

Hey, you need to calm the fuck down!I haven't waved anything. I merely said I know what I am talking about, and if the college I went to is teaching untruths on a constant basis, and teaching me rubbish, then they need their college closed down!I was saying that a lot of my information comes from a university, so quit coming to me like I am just getting this from the net, or whatever!What is your major, if you don't mind me asking?
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  11:57:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hey, you need to calm the fuck down!I haven't waved anything. I merely said I know what I am talking about, and if the college I went to is teaching untruths on a constant basis, and teaching me rubbish, then they need their college closed down!I was saying that a lot of my information comes from a university, so quit coming to me like I am just getting this from the net, or whatever!What is your major, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm majoring in Computer Science, already graduated in Software Development. Besides, I'm perfectly calm. You haven't yet seen me mad. Why?

-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  12:12:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm majoring in Computer Science, already graduated in Software Development. Besides, I'm perfectly calm. You haven't yet seen me mad. Why?

Okay then, If i have a question about the internet, or html, or setting up programs, or something dealing with computers, I will call you. BUt when dealing with history and ancient history, I will refer to myself and my mentors.Who they are to you is irrelevant.
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  12:29:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
[ deleted to admitedly hostile-seeming (though not intentional) behavior ]

-- unknown
Edited by - Siberia on 07/13/2005 12:35:43
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  12:35:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Okay then, If i have a question about the internet, or html, or setting up programs, or something dealing with computers, I will call you. BUt when dealing with history and ancient history, I will refer to myself and my mentors.Who they are to you is irrelevant.

Your mentors and your claims about your mentors are indeed irrelevant to me. In fact, so are your wild assertions and jumpy behavior. In fact, so are your beliefs of world-wide conspiracies and your disliking of evolution.

They pertain to you, just as my capabilities as a computer scientist pertain to my university and IBM Corp., my employer. Big deal.

Reality and science do mean something to me, however, and thankfully they'll go on whether or not you like it.

You generalize me and so many other aspects of life to the point that you ultimately will continue to live in ignorance. World wide conspiracies eh, so what of it?Can you prove one does not exist, no you cannot?No one can.
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  12:36:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
No one can. No one can, either, prove that we don't live in the Matrix. Your point?

-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  12:38:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
Wild assertions and Jumpy behavior, keep on generalizing!You and I have different ideas about what wild and jumpy is.
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  12:42:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
quote:

Wild assertions and Jumpy behavior, keep on generalizing!You and I have different ideas about what wild and jumpy is.

Maybe.

I consider wild and jumpy when someone jumps to conclusions and to cursing, as well as find oneself threatened by the smallest things. A behaviour you've shown. Not like I care, anyway.

-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

pfretzschner
Skeptic Friend

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  12:42:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send pfretzschner a Private Message
quote:

You are just PRECIOUS!
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  12:45:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:

You generalize me and so many other aspects of life to the point that you ultimately will continue to live in ignorance. World wide conspiracies eh, so what of it?Can you prove one does not exist, no you cannot?No one can.

Since you are the claimant, the burden of proof to show that this alledged world wide conspiracies exist is on you.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  12:47:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:

Argumentum ad verecundiam.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds.