Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Creation/Evolution
 A thread for hybrid to debunk evolution for us.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  13:34:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by pfretzschner

quote:
the confusion comes in when you try to discover my motives, my position, so you can throw me into a certain category, and say he's one of them.

Dude (not you, Dude), you are SO one of Them.

You don't even know who or what 'them' is. You bandwagon jump, I can tell. Its okay, its safer psychologically to be in the accepted or in-crowd, whether you talk about academics or whatever.
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  13:37:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HYBRID

quote:
Originally posted by H. Humbert

quote:
I too can find a website where someone has a point of view, still does not make them wrong, and definitely not right, okay?

How do you decide who is telling the truth?

When your mind decides that it is or it isn't, we create our own reality, first in our minds. If not, nothing could be accepted as fact accept what we are forced to, physically.

So I understand:

You believe that we each create our own reality in our mind. Therefore, the reality that "we" created in which evolution is a sound theory is just as valid as the reality you have created? If so, then what is the point of arguing anything?

Is this correct? Not to go off topic here, but trying to get your frame of reference.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

pfretzschner
Skeptic Friend

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  13:47:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send pfretzschner a Private Message
However, I'm not talking about academics, I'm talking about how you are being a total jerk. If you really came to this forum for a little friendly give-and-take, you have to be the most socially inept person on the planet. All I've seen from you is arrogance, rudeness and vagueness, and it keeps getting worse. You're just stomping on your own dick at this point.
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  13:47:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by pleco

quote:

quote:

quote:
I too can find a website where someone has a point of view, still does not make them wrong, and definitely not right, okay?

When your mind decides that it is or it isn't, we create our own reality, first in our minds. If not, nothing could be accepted as fact accept what we are forced to, physically.

So I understand:

You believe that we each create our own reality in our mind. Therefore, the reality that "we" created in which evolution is a sound theory is just as valid as the reality you have created? If so, then what is the point of arguing anything?

Is this correct? Not to go off topic here, but trying to get your frame of reference.

Eh, more or less. You can't convince anybody of anything if they don't want to believe or accept it, no matter what you are selling, or what evidence you present. And it works both ways because humans are subjective to their unique individual perspective.We each have a unconscious mind which allows us to ignore things altogether, and only focus on what we choose to be our reality. Or some see it half full, some half empty. Only when we are forced physically, to deal with these things will we. That is part of free will. If we did not have free will, then the world would not be what it is. And I appreciate you for trying to understand where I am coming from. Click!
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  13:58:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

So I understand:

Eh, more or less. You can't convince anybody of anything if they don't want to believe or accept it, no matter what you are selling, or what evidence you present. And it works both ways because humans are subjective to their unique individual perspective.We each have a unconscious mind which allows us to ignore things altogether, and only focus on what we choose to be our reality. Or some see it half full, some half empty. Only when we are forced physically, to deal with these things will we. That is part of free will. If we did not have free will, then the world would not be what it is. And I appreciate you for trying to understand where I am coming from. Click!

In this I agree. Sad thing that people, for their own cozy little world, have to ignore the most blatant facts.

However, do you agree the natural world doesn't take in consideration what you do or not believe in?

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  14:03:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:

So facts are what ever people want them to be, and truth is whatver people decide for themselves.

I don't agree with that, but if you believe it, why do you care what other people believe? You seem to wish that more and more people believe what you believe, which is that aliens somehow directed human evolution. Why? The evidence we've seen doesn't support that theory. You don't care about evidence since anything found can be spun any way one chooses. You've landing on you're favorite theory not by looking at evidence, but because it agreed with what you already thought.

So following that notion we shouldn't adopt your theory if it does not already follow our own personal lines of thinking. It would be dishonest of me to do so, since I must decide for myself. Nor can you say I am deluded or indoctrinated, since that would mean you have a claim to truth. But you don't have a claim to truth, since you said truth is whatever we decide it to be.

I've decided, for me alone mind you, that your position is incorrect. I hope you will respect my decision and not tell me what to think. I think stories of intelligent aliens visitng Earth are made up and impossible. That idea that they at one time dabbled in human genetics has tons of holes in it. There are dozens of books out there that support my position. I could link them but I know they won't change your mind. And I don't want to tell you how to think. So maybe there is no common ground, as I have thought about these issues for many years and can never impart all of my knowledge to you. You would have to do some research on your own, but you won't accept any of it anyway since you don't want to.

Oh, well. It was a good debate. Too bad without an objective definition of truth we'll never be able to agree on anything. May you have a good life. Good luck on graduating. (You said you've attended 3 colleges. The 3rd one's the charm, you know!)

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 07/13/2005 14:13:51
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  14:04:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Siberia

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

So I understand:

In this I agree. Sad thing that people, for their own cozy little world, have to ignore the most blatant facts.

However, do you agree the natural world doesn't take in consideration what you do or not believe in?

This has nothing to do with a "theory" of human evolution, because ultimately, that is what it is. And I said, a person will only believe what there mind will allow them, or physically force them to, and it will be forever, if science exists or not. Its called free will. If nature forces you do something, you bet ya you will have to conform. But if not, people will continue to live in whatever reality, they think they live in, or choose to live out.Its all about psychological comfort.
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  14:11:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:

quote:

So facts are what ever people want them to be, and truth is whatver people decide for themselves.

I don't agree with that, but if you believe it, why do you care what other people believe? You seem to wish that more and more people believe what you believe, which is that aliens somehow directed human evolution. Why? The evidence we've seen doesn't support that theory. You don't care about evidence since anything found can be spun any way one chooses. You've landing on you're favorite theory not by looking at evidence, but because it agreed with what you already thought.

So following that notion we shouldn't adopt your theory if it does not already follow our own personal lines of thinking. It would be dishonest of me to do so, since I must decide for myself. Nor can you say I am deluded or indoctrinated, since that would mean you have a claim to truth. But you don't have a claim to truth, since you said truth is whatever we decide it to be.

I've decided, for me alone mind you, that your position is incorrect. I hope you will respect my decision and not tell me what to think. I think stories of intelligent aliens visitng Earth are made up and impossible. That idea that they at one time dabbled in human genetics has tons of holes in it. There are dozens of books out there that support my position. I could link them but I know they won't change your mind. And I don't want to tell you how to think. So maybe there is no common ground, as I have thought about these issues for many years and can never impart all of my knowledge to you. You would have to do some research on your own, but you won't accept any of it anyway since you don't want to.

Oh, well. It was a good debate. Too bad without an objective definition of truth we'll never be able to agree on anything. May you have a good life. Good luck on graduating. (You said you've attented 3 colleges. The 3rd one's the charm, you know!)

I did not say any of this. Did i not ask you to ignore me along time ago. I went to three colleges because I moved locations. I can respect you on the basis of what you think/believe/know as fact, but I have not tried to impose anything or any thoughts, I merely questioned some things that we should as fully functioning human beings. Not to be condemmed to think a certain way, no matter who says what, and that goes for me also.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  14:27:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by furshur

Thanks for the sites on giants. I noticed several of the sites had a guy that looked suspiciously like Filthy standing in front of a femur mounted on a drawing of a huge human skeleton. It is from the Mt. Blanco Fossil Museum. Here is some interesting data on this "proof" of giants:

http://www.edwardtbabinski.us/~articles/giants.html

Note if you will the second paragraph...

Drat! My cover is blown!

I saw it on the site that trumpeted the tired, old guff about the Scientific Conspiricy and the Great Coverup. It also seemed to be an apologetic for the Book of Genesis.

It further claimed that one Samuel Hubbard found two giant skeletons in Arizona. I took the liberty of running a google on Mr. Hubbard and found nothing beyond this and a geneology.
quote:
Scudder, Samuel Hubbard, 1837–1911, American entomologist, b. Boston, grad. Williams (B.A., 1857) and Harvard (B.S., 1862). The founder of American insect paleontology and an authority on Orthoptera and Lepidoptera, he was assistant to Louis Agassiz (1862–64), custodian of the Boston Society of Natural History (1864–70), assistant librarian of Harvard (1879–82), and paleontologist of the U.S. Geological Survey (1886–92). His works include A Century of Orthoptera (1879), Butterflies: Their Structure, Changes, and Life-Histories (1881), and Fossil Insects of North America (1890).

No giant hominid findings were mentioned anywhere; indeed, he is not mentioned in conjunction with any hominid findings, as far as I could tell. The guy was an entomologist and apparently stayed within his field.

Science is at least as competitive as any corporation. Rest assured that any scientist finding such remains would be shouting it from the rooftops in order to beat others to the fame and acclaim, not to mention the grant money.

Amd thus it remains; there is exactly no evidence in support of any 11 foot-plus tall human.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  14:37:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

quote:
Originally posted by furshur

Thanks for the sites on giants. I noticed several of the sites had a guy that looked suspiciously like Filthy standing in front of a femur mounted on a drawing of a huge human skeleton. It is from the Mt. Blanco Fossil Museum. Here is some interesting data on this "proof" of giants:

http://www.edwardtbabinski.us/~articles/giants.html

Note if you will the second paragraph...

Drat! My cover is blown!

I saw it on the site that trumpeted the tired, old guff about the Scientific Conspiricy and the Great Coverup. It also seemed to be an apologetic for the Book of Genesis.

It further claimed that one Samuel Hubbard found two giant skeletons in Arizona. I took the liberty of running a google on Mr. Hubbard and found nothing beyond this and a geneology.
quote:
Scudder, Samuel Hubbard, 1837–1911, American entomologist, b. Boston, grad. Williams (B.A., 1857) and Harvard (B.S., 1862). The founder of American insect paleontology and an authority on Orthoptera and Lepidoptera, he was assistant to Louis Agassiz (1862–64), custodian of the Boston Society of Natural History (1864–70), assistant librarian of Harvard (1879–82), and paleontologist of the U.S. Geological Survey (1886–92). His works include A Century of Orthoptera (1879), Butterflies: Their Structure, Changes, and Life-Histories (1881), and Fossil Insects of North America (1890).

No giant hominid findings were mentioned anywhere; indeed, he is not mentioned in conjunction with any hominid findings, as far as I could tell. The guy was an entomologist and apparently stayed within his field.

Science is at least as competitive as any corporation. Rest assured that any scientist finding such remains would be shouting it from the rooftops in order to beat others to the fame and acclaim, not to mention the grant money.

Amd thus it remains; there is exactly no evidence in support of any 11 foot-plus tall human.

Guess what, I have books who were written by authors who are not on the internet. But I guess you could not believe that anyway.The bones exist, you are half-ass checking, because I know. Order some books like I and many others before me have.This evidence exists. And giants a worldwide theme, not just the bible but completely independant of it.
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  14:38:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
Can you state the titles and authors of these books so we can get them?

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  14:42:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:

Can you state the titles and authors of these books so we can get them?

My bookshelves sagging now, but I too, would like the titles and authors. And the author's biographies.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  14:52:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message
quote:
Guess what, I have books who were written by authors who are not on the internet. But I guess you could not believe that anyway.The bones exist, you are half-ass checking, because I know. Order some books like I and many others before me have.This evidence exists. And giants a worldwide theme, not just the bible but completely independant of it.

If we create our own realities, then what is the need for evidence? Why would you care? The rest of us "believe" in an objective reality, that exists irrespectively of your mind. This is why we require evidence.

I'm sure people have written books about giant prehistoric men, but a book does not necessarily evidence maketh. Where are the bones? Where is the evidence?

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  14:58:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
Dr. Author David Horn, Humanit's Extraterrestrial origins. Dr. David Jacobs, Alie Threat: The Secret Agenda,Dr. Richard Boylan, Space aliens from the Pentagon and many others. These books also take on the task of evolutio. Graham Handcock The GOds of Eden and Fingerprints of the Gods,Michael Cremo, Forbiden Archaeology. This is interesting http://evolution-facts.org/Ev-Crunch/c01a.htm http://www.nwcreation.net/evolutionism.html look at the quotes posted. http://aoltvsearch.aol.com/cat.adp?id=231355 http://www.tothesource.org/11_10_2004/11_10_2004_printer.htm just a few.
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  15:01:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Hawks

quote:

If we create our own realities, then what is the need for evidence? Why would you care? The rest of us "believe" in an objective reality, that exists irrespectively of your mind. This is why we require evidence.

I'm sure people have written books about giant prehistoric men, but a book does not necessarily evidence maketh. Where are the bones? Where is the evidence?

Just as people have written about human evolution, does not make it right. the bones exist, lets move on to something else please. You can ignore them (creating your own reality, no matter what the evidence may suggest or not). Evidence of history particularly is very subjective, sorry!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds.