Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2005 :  07:06:55  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
An update from John Stear's No Answers in Genesis:
quote:
You have one thing against Dr Kent. Well how many does he have against you? I think evolution is the biggest load of bull Ive ever heard of. If my ancestors was apes I believe people would still be giving birth to apes. Where's your proof that anything you're saying is true? How did you figure out the world must be billions of years old? You must be good. Have you actually seen anything come from nothing before? Why can't you even try to proof Dr Kent wrong on the things he says? Would it be okay for you if someone killed your family cause you evolutionists say "theres no absolutes"? Well no. To you it would have to be okay. You wouldnt think its wrong cause theres no absolutes. Bull man. You would be angry and upset and you would want someone to do something about it cause you've been done wrong.

Tell me how is it that the bible describes things people are only discovering now? And can you tell me a coulple of stories about what happend between those billions and billions of years? Your lying to people cause actually you do not know a thing. You dont have proof. Nothing that even indicates that perhaps it might just be true. Why dont you start proving your points? What you say is'nt a fact. Its how you think it might have been. Show our children how you know it.

And, arguably the pick of the litter, this gem:
quote:
You go ahead and PROVED ID with RHETORIC and EVASIONS so PRAISE THE LORD and my ANUS is LEAKING

I'd have put this in Humor but somehow it doesn't seem to fit. I think that a conversation with these people would be anything but funny.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2005 :  07:10:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
Yeah, definitely more sad and depressing than funny. I find it hard to imagine how someone can think like that...but I guess they share the same opinion about me.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2005 :  07:32:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message
The saddest thing is, as my Dad used to say, that "they're allowed to vote"...

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2005 :  08:17:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
quote:
You dont have proof. Nothing that even indicates that perhaps it might just be true. Why dont you start proving your points? What you say is'nt a fact. Its how you think it might have been. Show our children how you know it.
And this is undoubtedly a proponent of teaching creationism. Let's see, show your children how evolution works, or teach your children that god waved his magic hand and *poof*... people. Uh, I hate to tell you, but you can't have it both ways.

I would think the other people who share this person's view are embarrassed when he gets up and starts hollering from their side of the fence. If the world and its people were intelligently designed by a supernatural being, that person's god clearly didn't provide enough intelligence to go around. It makes me wish there was a mandatory course taught in primary schools, something like Elementary Reality. If you don't pass, you don't graduate.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2005 :  11:41:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by GeeMack

It makes me wish there was a mandatory course taught in primary schools, something like Elementary Reality. If you don't pass, you don't graduate.
Wouldn't help. You don't need to go to school at all in order to vote.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2005 :  14:50:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
quote:
Tell me how is it that the bible describes things people are only discovering now?

I love this line because there is no way it can possibly be true. If the Bible does in fact describe things we are only discovering now, then why haven't we discovered these things before since we knew about them?

Or is there a way to know about something without discovering it?

Of couse, it is all just post hoc reasoning on some vague descriptions.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.