How do you fence something like this?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2005 :  11:47:03  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8556473/

Siberia, do you often have people pull up in a van and say "Hey, you want some boobs?"

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2005 :  13:06:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8556473/

Siberia, do you often have people pull up in a van and say "Hey, you want some boobs?"

LMAO. Actually, I got plenty of boobs on my own darned natural right. Nevertheless, it is no secret that lots of people do illegal breast (& other) implants, especially tranvestites and prostitutes who couldn't afford it otherwise. Doesn't surprise me at all.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

skepticality
Skeptic Friend

USA
105 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2005 :  08:09:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit skepticality's Homepage Send skepticality a Private Message
Secret terrorist plot to glut the world with big breasted women. They can more easily get into popular locations and no one would know they are packin' a bomb.

Maybe? .....

Derek Colanduno
host - skepticality
http://www.skepticality.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2005 :  14:36:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by skepticality

Secret terrorist plot to glut the world with big breasted women. They can more easily get into popular locations and no one would know they are packin' a bomb.

Maybe? .....

"Doctor, are you sure my breasts are supposed to be beeping like that?"

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2005 :  15:57:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
Nevertheless, it is no secret that lots of people do illegal breast (& other) implants, especially transvestites and prostitutes who couldn't afford it otherwise. Doesn't surprise me at all.

I read a news article from southeast Asia where (I think) Indonesian transvestites travelled to one of the neighbouring countries to get the black market breast implants they couldn't get in their own country. The thing was, the surgeon of dubious moral fibre thought that since the operation was illegal in their own country they wouldn't dare expose themselves to possible prison sentence by pressing charges against him for malpractice. So he saved some cash by simply stuffing their breasts with some condoms filled with saline-solution instead. The transvestites started experience problems some times after getting home again, and after several of them had been hospitalised, the scheme was uncovered.
The story didn't say what happened to the surgeon.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2005 :  18:41:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
Nevertheless, it is no secret that lots of people do illegal breast (& other) implants, especially transvestites and prostitutes who couldn't afford it otherwise. Doesn't surprise me at all.

I read a news article from southeast Asia where (I think) Indonesian transvestites travelled to one of the neighbouring countries to get the black market breast implants they couldn't get in their own country. The thing was, the surgeon of dubious moral fibre thought that since the operation was illegal in their own country they wouldn't dare expose themselves to possible prison sentence by pressing charges against him for malpractice. So he saved some cash by simply stuffing their breasts with some condoms filled with saline-solution instead. The transvestites started experience problems some times after getting home again, and after several of them had been hospitalised, the scheme was uncovered.
The story didn't say what happened to the surgeon.

Here there was a case of 'surgeons' (not medical doctors - just random people who claimed to be doctors) stuffing tranvestites with plastic bags filled with liquid silicon. Which ended, of course, with the silicon leaking and causing not only a physical reaction, but also disfigurating the person.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.