Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Trish
SFN Addict

USA
2102 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2005 :  16:51:58  Show Profile Send Trish a Private Message
James Doohan died today.

quote:
James Doohan, who faked a Scottish burr to create one of television's most endearing characters, Chief Engineer Montgomery (Scotty) Scott of the U.S.S. Enterprise, died today at the age of 85.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/20/arts/television/20cnd-doohan.html

Finally found an article, heard it on the news.

edited 'cause I can't spell and to add the news article.

...no one has ever found a 4.5 billion year old stone artifact (at the right geological stratum) with the words "Made by God."
No Sense of Obligation by Matt Young

"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith. I consider the capacity for it terrifying and vile!"
Mother Night by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

They (Women Marines) don't have a nickname, and they don't need one. They get their basic training in a Marine atmosphere, at a Marine Post. They inherit the traditions of the Marines. They are Marines.
LtGen Thomas Holcomb, USMC
Commandant of the Marine Corps, 1943

Edited by - Trish on 07/20/2005 16:59:14

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2005 :  17:30:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
Bummer. Of course we think of James Doohan as "Scotty", and we always will. He did have quite a long and distinguished show biz carrier. Here's a listing of much of his work in television and movies at the Internet Movie Database.
Go to Top of Page

skepticality
Skeptic Friend

USA
105 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2005 :  08:04:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit skepticality's Homepage Send skepticality a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by GeeMack

Bummer. Of course we think of James Doohan as "Scotty", and we always will. He did have quite a long and distinguished show biz carrier. Here's a listing of much of his work in television and movies at the Internet Movie Database.

That's a great link. Always cool to see what someone with such a stereotype worked on on during their career.

Derek Colanduno
host - skepticality
http://www.skepticality.com/
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2005 :  15:44:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Internet Movie Database is the fountain of knowledge on movies, tv-series, and actors.

It has everything. Well, not everything, there seems to be missing some odd Ingemar Bergman titles in his list, and at least one Jackie Chan-movie (last time I checked).
You won't find "adult theme"-movies in there, but stars like Ginger Lynn and Traci Lords have done roles in "regular" productions also, and can thus be found in the Database.
I was actually supposed to see Traci Lords this summer in the London setup of "The Philadelphia Story", but when we found out Kevin Spacey was substituted for another actor my girlfriend wasn't that keen anymore.

Holy Sh**! I just noticed that Internet Movie Database is now including adult films in their listings. This is a big surprise to me.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2005 :  16:06:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse
Holy Sh**! I just noticed that Internet Movie Database is now including adult films in their listings. This is a big surprise to me.

Ha ha, you're right! Searching "anal adventure" returned 20 titles! I had no idea they catalogued adult films.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2005 :  16:42:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by H. Humbert

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Ha ha, you're right! Searching "anal adventure" returned 20 titles! I had no idea they catalogued adult films.

Yeah, this is a new feature. I haven't seen this before, and it wasn't more than two weeks ago I checked Traci Lords, just because she in the current London production of "The Philadelphia Story".

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.