New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dry_vby
Skeptic Friend

Australia
249 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2005 :  15:32:04  Show Profile Send Dry_vby a Private Message
Conspiracy theories abound and I like mine nice and kooky.

Here's my all time fave. An oldy but goody:

http://www.beatles-discography.com/index.html?http://www.beatles-discography.com/appendicies/paul-is-dead-clues.html

What's the one that keeps you awake at nights snorting and chuckling?

"I'll go along with the charade
Until I can think my way out.
I know it was all a big joke
Whatever it was about."

Bob Dylan

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2005 :  17:39:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
This may actually be a conspiracy theory, but I think I just made it up in chat. Upon hearing that Longhorn already had a virus before its release, I came to the only logical conclusion:

Windows programmers are secretly being payed to leave loop holes in Windows by anti virus companies. The anti virus companies, already knowing what the loopholes are, make viruses. Since they are the ones who made them, they know how to stop them as well.

Don't believe me? Here is one of the loop holes in Windows XP, which could only be left deliberately:

00 F0 00 00 00 10 00 00  00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00
00 AB 00 00 78 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 01 FF 00
84 8F 00 00 00 10 00 00  00 90 00 00 00 10 00 00

You see it, don't you? If you don't, you just aren't smart enough.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Edited by - Ricky on 08/07/2005 17:43:04
Go to Top of Page

Dry_vby
Skeptic Friend

Australia
249 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2005 :  18:03:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dry_vby a Private Message
Is this a conspiracy?

I thought it was common knowledge.

Whatever it was about."

Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

woolytoad
Skeptic Friend

313 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2005 :  18:05:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send woolytoad a Private Message
Faked moon landing.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2005 :  20:27:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Can I suggest my own invented conspiracy theory? If so, the last line of the first post on this page should get the idea across. If it doesn't, skip back to the previous page of that thread, and read the back-and-forth between Computer Org and me.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2005 :  21:14:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

Can I suggest my own invented conspiracy theory? If so, the last line of the first post on this page should get the idea across. If it doesn't, skip back to the previous page of that thread, and read the back-and-forth between Computer Org and me.

That was a very funny thread to read!

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Dry_vby
Skeptic Friend

Australia
249 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2005 :  17:22:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dry_vby a Private Message
I don't know if anyone knows about this site, but if not, prepare to be dazzled.

This place covers everything, even who the anti- christ actually is:

http://www.angelfire.com/alt2/conspiracy/2.html

I can say no more.

The site speaks for itself.

Whatever it was about."

Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.