Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  11:41:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message

Ah HYBRID, I see you have your gibber in good, working order. Well done!

The government conspiricy theory (speculation, really) started up as the buildings were falling down. I'll admit, I did a little fantisizing along those lines myself, as likely did everyone.

Strike one: The conspiricy would have to been too big if our government were responsible; too many people in the know; too many mouths to spill it all. It is said that a conspiricy has the best chance at success if it is composed of a group of no more than one. It was blind luck that Atta and his merry band weren't caught while learning to steer a flying airplane. I recall reading that there was a report on one or more of them. The report(s) was ignored.

Strike two: Osama bin Laden is the real deal. A religious lunatic, he was a hero in the Soviet/Afgan war. His sole objective is to eradicate the infidle -- Jews and Christians mainly -- in the Muslim holy lands. He was the mastermind in the USS Cole bombing and boasted that he was going to launch an attack in the mainland US. Only a small group, overseas, was in on it, and even then, in August '01, the administration recieved a warning that there might well be an attack involving aircraft. The report was ignored.

Strike three, and outta there!: Not even Bush is stupid enough to pull something like that, and no evidence has been put forth that he or anyone associated with him ever even thought of it -- as noted above, quite the contrary. Can you imagine what would happen if the theory proved out? I myself would demand to serve as the mob's hangman; I know the knot.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  13:10:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Come on, guys! Sheesh.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  13:37:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

The government conspiricy theory (speculation, really) started up as the buildings were falling down. I'll admit, I did a little fantisizing along those lines myself, as likely did everyone.

Strike one: The conspiricy would have to been too big if our government were responsible; too many people in the know; too many mouths to spill it all. It is said that a conspiricy has the best chance at success if it is composed of a group of no more than one. It was blind luck that Atta and his merry band weren't caught while learning to steer a flying airplane. I recall reading that there was a report on one or more of them. The report(s) was ignored.

Strike two: Osama bin Laden is the real deal. A religious lunatic, he was a hero in the Soviet/Afgan war. His sole objective is to eradicate the infidle -- Jews and Christians mainly -- in the Muslim holy lands. He was the mastermind in the USS Cole bombing and boasted that he was going to launch an attack in the mainland US. Only a small group, overseas, was in on it, and even then, in August '01, the administration recieved a warning that there might well be an attack involving aircraft. The report was ignored.

Strike three, and outta there!: Not even Bush is stupid enough to pull something like that, and no evidence has been put forth that he or anyone associated with him ever even thought of it -- as noted above, quite the contrary. Can you imagine what would happen if the theory proved out? I myself would demand to serve as the mob's hangman; I know the knot.

Strike one: Too big? Blind luck? I cannot believe that you are rational, at all! Dude, ITS NOT HARD T OKEEP PEOPLE QUITE. It happens everyday. The governemnt has been doing fucked up shit for years, and their voices have been silenced in many ways. That shit you are talking is imaginary, that 'Oh, its too big, the 'conspiracy is too big' what kind of shit is this man, come on. Its not like its hard to control the media. What would stop them? Do people in the media have someone to answer to? What about above them? Oh I get it, you think that reporters just get stories, and get to run whatever info they get,freely without filtering, this is immature thinking, but I am the kid though right?

I don't believe anything that comes out of the government's mouth about OBL. Absolutely nothing! The bin ladens and bush ties are so thick, you could land a plane on it! Oh by the way, if you watched the film, you would know that clinton and bush signed documents protecting obl and al qeida, after he 'bombed' the uss cole up until 9/11. Do you always repeat the only story the media gives us word for word? If they told you to go kick a baby's head off, its good for you, you would do that too. Don't mention that guy's name to me, he is a patsy, a smokescreen for people like you to believe in.

Fuck bush, he is just a front man and nothing more. So what if you found out it was true? How would you find out, outside of the media, because obviously, the media are the only people in the world with brains, because those are the only ones you will say can be true, or have evidence. Do you understand how stupid and dangerous this is? What would you do? I think nothing, what you are doing right now, sit comfortably. The evidence is there, but fear, arrogance and a collective ignorance prevails in every orafice of your body. That comfortable ass life you are living is slowly slipping away from you, and your future generations, I hope your ready. Ready or not...
Edited by - HYBRID on 09/23/2005 13:45:41
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  13:38:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HYBRID
...this country is sad, and its administration should be impeached.

We all know that will never happen. Why don't you do us all (not just Americans, but the entire world) a favour and "take care" of the matter yourself?

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  13:39:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
Did anyone watch the films all the way through? Probably not. Oh well.
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  13:43:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

quote:
...this country is sad, and its administration should be impeached.

We all know that will never happen. Why don't you do us all (not just Americans, but the entire world) a favour and "take care" of the matter yourself?

Why don't you do me a favor and get the stick out of your ass, and try to think for yourself!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  13:44:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

Come on, guys! Sheesh.

What? Whadido? Whadisay? Did I forget a breath mint?

I am turning over a new leaf -- Mr. Nice Filth, that's me; sweetness and light, and Pollyanna is a cheap slut an inspiration to us all.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  13:55:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

Dude, ITS NOT HARD T OKEEP PEOPLE QUITE. It happens everyday.
Prove it.
quote:
Its not like its hard to control the media. What would stop them? Do people in the media have someone to answer to? What about above them? Oh I get it, you think that reporters just get stories, and get to run whatever info they get,freely without filtering, this is immature thinking, but I am the kid though right?
It may not be hard to control the media, but what is immature is getting all of one's news from the media, anyway. There are plenty of independent sources out there. Unless you're willing to state that the U.S. government has complete control of all media, world-wide, then any control they exert on the major U.S. media will be ineffectual.
quote:
I don't believe anything that comes out of the government's mouth about OBL. Absolutely nothing!
What about, say, the French government? German? Ukranian? Chinese?
quote:
Do you always repeat the only story the media gives us word for word? If they told you to go kick a baby's head of, its good for you, you would do that too. Don't mention that guy's name to me, he is a patsy, a smokescreen for people like you to believe in.
HYBRID, the above is abusive and does nothing to support your claims. Quite the opposite, in fact, as it's just more claims for you to support.
quote:
What would you do? I think nothing, what you are doing right now, sit comfortably. The evidence is there, but fear, arrogance and a collective ignorance prevails in every orafice of your body. That comfortable ass life you are living is slowly slipping away from you, and your future generations, I hope your ready. Ready or not...
More abuse. Why not offer something constructive? Why not tell us the stuff that would compel us to believe you?

In another post:
quote:
Why don't you do me a favor and get the stick out of your ass, and try to think for yourself
That's enough! In two posts, you've been personally abusive three more times. Second official warning.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  13:58:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

What? Whadido? Whadisay? Did I forget a breath mint?
With you, it was this I was objecting to:
It wasn't necessary, was it?
quote:
I am turning over a new leaf -- Mr. Nice Filth, that's me; sweetness and light, and Pollyanna is a cheap slut an inspiration to us all.
Don't go overboard. Just let HYBRID calm down.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  14:10:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:

quote:

Strike one: Too big? Blind luck? I cannot believe that you are rational, at all! Dude, ITS NOT HARD T OKEEP PEOPLE QUITE. It happens everyday. The governemnt has been doing fucked up shit for years, and their voices have been silenced in many ways. That shit you are talking is imaginary, that 'Oh, its too big, the 'conspiracy is too big' what kind of shit is this man, come on. Its not like its hard to control the media. What would stop them? Do people in the media have someone to answer to? What about above them? Oh I get it, you think that reporters just get stories, and get to run whatever info they get,freely without filtering, this is immature thinking, but I am the kid though right?

I don't believe anything that comes out of the government's mouth about OBL. Absolutely nothing! The bin ladens and bush ties are so thick, you could land a plane on it! Oh by the way, if you watched the film, you would know that clinton and bush signed documents protecting obl and al qeida, after he 'bombed' the uss cole up until 9/11. Do you always repeat the only story the media gives us word for word? If they told you to go kick a baby's head off, its good for you, you would do that too. Don't mention that guy's name to me, he is a patsy, a smokescreen for people like you to believe in.

Fuck bush, he is just a front man and nothing more. So what if you found out it was true? How would you find out, outside of the media, because obviously, the media are the only people in the world with brains, because those are the only ones you will say can be true, or have evidence. Do you understand how stupid and dangerous this is? What would you do? I think nothing, what you are doing right now, sit comfortably. The evidence is there, but fear, arrogance and a collective ignorance prevails in every orafice of your body. That comfortable ass life you are living is slowly slipping away from you, and your future generations, I hope your ready. Ready or not...

It is not possible to keep people quite; witness the Plame affair, and the afore-mentioned memos being made public, not to mention the various investigations of members of this wretched administration.

I agree on the mainstream media, which is why I rarely watch/listen to them. Find the right blogs however, and you can get a pretty good picture of what's going on.

The bin Ladin family has been in bed with the Bushs for many decades. As a favor to them, Bush allowed members to fly out soon after 9/11. This was improper, but it happened. As far as is known, the family has had little if any contact with Osama for the last decades, and some years ago, the Saudies tried, and obviously failed, to hit him. Reagan/Bush trained and equiped Osama's organization during the Afgan war, as well as supplying chemical and biological weapons to Saddam to help him defeat Iran.

Oh, lest we forget, the Cole assault was during Clinton's administration.

Read my profile, sonny. I have never sat comfortably in my life. You say the evidence is there; then present it.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  14:16:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
With you, it was this I was objecting to:
But it's true....

If HYBRID's history is any guide, I don't think he'll chill at all. But we shall see, eh...

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  14:44:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Why don't you do me a favor and get the stick out of your ass, and try to think for yourself!

I was thinking for myself.
Since I live in Europe, the logistics to carry out such an assignment is a bitch. That was why I suggested you do the "job", you're already in the states, and being a US citizen allows you access that I would never have. Besides, given the amount of anti-American statements I've written here I'd be surprised if I'd get past customs before they grab me and ship me away to Guantanamo Base.

Some friendly advice:
You really should calm down. Your abusive language makes people less likely to take you seriously, and I guess that is not your intent. If you want to convince us, post hard evidence and less hand-waving.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  15:34:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
Just to continue up on the more legitimate aspect of this debate, I'd like to first refresh HYBRID's memory. Earlier in this thread, he wrote as partical evidence for the government's being behind 9/11:
quote:
i think its simple, we don't have to go into all of the other evidence, but I think of it like this: we have something called radar, and when planes leave the airport, they are constantly being tracked by this. We also have something called NORAD, who's entire purpose is to stop terrorist attacks. They also are supposed to stop attacks like 9/11. But alas, even though we had all of that, no NORAD, even though those planes were off course for over 1 and 45 minutes. But other planes that have went off course and were intercepted by the military and NORAD within minutes, but not on 9/11. Why? Was radar not working that day? How about NORAD? I would love to here the excuses this time.
However, as I and other noted, NORAD itself claimsthat
quote:
Until the morning of Sept. 11, 2001, NORAD's focus was almost exclusively fixed on threats coming toward the Canadian and American borders, not terrorism in our domestic airspace. Because of that day, NORAD's focus has increased to include domestic airspace. NORAD's mission is truly global.

Prior to Sept. 11, NORAD was a word that was associated predominately with the Cold War. The eyes and ears of NORAD were focused on aerospace threats that may come from sources far away from the shores of Canada and the United States.
Thus, your assertion is weak. You suggested that NORAD should have been on the ball but in fact tracking domestic flights wasn't part of NORAD's mission!

It's also not clear that even if NORAD were looking for such things, that 9/11 would have been prevented. The official report relates much of what happened. For instance, read the chronology for AA flight 11. According to the report, the plane was probably taken over just after 8:14 AM. At 8:19, one of the attendants calls for help. But 8:25, various authorities knew that there was a problem. However, because of how we dealt with highjackers at the time, the reaction was to let them make the next move. When the plane headed for New York, they assumed it was going to land at JKF, perhaps for refueling. According to the report:
quote:
At 8:41, in American's operations center, a colleague told Marquis that the air traffic controllers declared Flight 11 a hijacking and “think he's [American 11] headed toward Kennedy [airport in New York City]. They're moving every-body out of the way.They seem to have him on a primary radar.They seem to think that he is descending.” At 8:44, Gonzalez reported losing phone contact with Ong. About this same time Sweeney reported to Woodward, “Something is wrong.We are in a rapid descent . . . we are all over the place.” Woodward asked Sweeney to look out the window to see if she could determine where they were. Sweeney responded: “We are flying low.We are flying very,very low. We are flying way too low.” Seconds later she said, “Oh my God we are way too low.” The phone call ended. At 8:46:40, American 11 crashed into the North Tower of the World Trade Center in NewYork City. All on board,along with an unknown number of people in the tower, were killed instantly.
Thus, there was perhaps 2-3
Go to Top of Page

ktesibios
SFN Regular

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  17:14:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ktesibios a Private Message
And, even if an armed fighter had been on the scene, what exactly could they have done? Even if we assume that the pilot had the authority to shoot the plane down on his own initiative, by the time it became evident that the hijacker-pilot intended to crash the plane into the WTC it was far too late to stop it. All that could be done at that point would have been to trade an unpredictable number of deaths in the tower for an unpredictable number of deaths on the ground at a slightly different location.

Once a hijacked plane is over an area as densely populated as Manhattan, you are pretty well up against a wall, because if you shoot it down you will be killing an unknown number of people on the ground as well as all aboard the plane.

Come to think of it, our East Coast is pretty close to urban density all the way from Boston to Washington...

"The Republican agenda is to turn the United States into a third-world shithole." -P.Z.Myers
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  17:38:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
That'll earn you a few f-bombs.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.06 seconds.