Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  10:11:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message
Ok, I created a character, played around for a bit, and then ran out of moves before I could find a safe place. Now, I'm dead, so what do I do next? I don't want to stay dead.

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:
The result of an unbiased and rational search for the truth.

Infinitus est numerus stultorum
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  10:47:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by astropin

Ok, I created a character, played around for a bit, and then ran out of moves before I could find a safe place. Now, I'm dead, so what do I do next? I don't want to stay dead.

First, you need to stand up. You'll then be a zombie. Walk around until some kind soul revives you. This can take awhile, and you might be killed a few more times before all is said and done.

If the character is that new, it probably makes more sense to make a new one and start over. I'm on my 3rd.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  12:51:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message
Ok, I started a 2nd character, my first was Hank Mauler, my second is Hank Pummel. Mr. Pummel is inside Condon Boulevard Fire Station in Williamsville. Killed my first zombie today.

I would rather face a cold reality than delude myself with comforting fantasies.

You are free to believe what you want to believe and I am free to ridicule you for it.

Atheism:

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  14:07:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Wow, that was fast! I can't kill zombies, I don't have the muscles nor the skills. I always run out of AP long before I get close to shaving off even half the hit points of a zombie. I guess I'm not supposed to since I play a medic. Don't abandon your first character, but try to get him down to Fryerbank. I think Ricky can restore your zombie to life.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  14:57:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Wow, that was fast! I can't kill zombies, I don't have the muscles nor the skills. I always run out of AP long before I get close to shaving off even half the hit points of a zombie. I guess I'm not supposed to since I play a medic. Don't abandon your first character, but try to get him down to Fryerbank. I think Ricky can restore your zombie to life.

Agreed. I also have a guy in Freyerbank. (See an above post for the link.) He can revive you when you make it.

I think it would be cool if, in the "profile" section, all our guys were noted to have SFN t-shirts? Mine says, in part:

[qoute]He dons a bloodied t-shirt which reads 'Skeptic Friends Network - Why not question something for a change?'[/quote]

Anyhow, as I've noted already, we can be quite effective in killing zeds (and building XP, Mab) if we work as a group. So on Wednesday night, anyone who wants should make their way to Freyerbank for UD fun during chat...
Edited by - Cuneiformist on 11/15/2005 14:58:11
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  15:41:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
I won't make it to the chat this and next wednesday. I'm on sickleave because of my bad hip, and I'm reverting to daytime. I finally managed to get diagnosis, so I'll be working more efficiently.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  22:24:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message
Thanks for the info boys. Both of my players are not too far from Freyerbank. So I will head that way ASAP.

Atheism:

Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  09:05:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message
Ok, This game is starting to get very irritating. Now my second guy is dead, why you ask? Because every god damn building I come too is so heavily barricaded that I cannot get in one before I run out of AP's!!!. I tried six different buildings last night and could not get into a single one. That's just stupid. Then I get killed overnight, not by a zombie, but by another survivor!!

Atheism:

Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  11:25:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
You should play as a zombie then. That's kind of the entire point of the game. Of course, if you make it to Freryerbank, tell us where you are and Cune or I could revive you.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Edited by - Ricky on 11/16/2005 11:25:35
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  11:40:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message
My original character is now in Penny Heights just north of Freyerbank, but has been killed again. My THIRD character is in Buttonville (close to Freyerbank), and should be safe for now. So I now have three characters converging on Freyerbank.

Atheism:

Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2005 :  12:56:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message
Ok, My original character is inside St. Seraphim's Hospital. I'm a zombie of course. I see Mab is here as well as Cune. I have one human character in Tollyton (not far from Freyerbank) with a shotgun and pistol.

Atheism:

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2005 :  14:22:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by astropin

Ok, My original character is inside St. Seraphim's Hospital. I'm a zombie of course. I see Mab is here as well as Cune. I have one human character in Tollyton (not far from Freyerbank) with a shotgun and pistol.

Being zombie and taking residence inside a house with the living is a bad idea, it's bound to provoke harrasment...
Hide in the wasteland, and tell us where you are, and someone (like Ricky) can find you relatively protected.
Try the wastelad two blocks west of St Serafim's Hospital. If anyone sees a lonely Zombie milling around, that zombie will be the object of target practice.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

astropin
SFN Regular

USA
970 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2005 :  17:45:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send astropin a Private Message
So I discovered, I'm dead again. Maybe I'll just bring my shotgun guy over.

Atheism:

Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2005 :  23:56:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
Click here for larger image.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2005 :  00:15:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by H. Humbert

Click here for larger image.

BRING THEM ON!!!

Well, not yet. All three of my characters are currently zed's.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds.