Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  10:06:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
8. Scientists will discover that feelings of déjà vu are not psychological but rather a very real physical anomaly they attribute to a quantum short pulse string vibration that very temporarily releases us from the relatively linear constraints of a single dimension time matrix.

9. Scientists will discover that feelings of déjà vu are not psychological but rather a very real physical anomaly they attribute to a quantum short pulse string vibration that very temporarily releases us from the relatively linear constraints of a single dimension time matrix.

Edited a mistake that I fully blame on my spell checker...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  10:35:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
10. I predict that a comet will pass so closely over the earth that its tail will actually enter the earth's atmosphere, strangely affecting most countries and all terrorist organizations. The countries will come together at the United Nations and sign a declaration that condemns "all war and that peace, love and understanding will from this day forward be the guiding principal that all the peoples of the planet will live by." The United States delegation will walk out on the proceedings.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  10:40:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kil

8. Scientists will discover that feelings of déjà vu are not physiological but rather a very real physical anomaly they attribute to a quantum short pulse string vibration that very temporarily releases us from the relatively linear constraints of a single dimension time matrix.

9. Scientists will discover that feelings of déjà vu are not physiological but rather a very real physical anomaly they attribute to a quantum short pulse string vibration that very temporarily releases us from the relatively linear constraints of a single dimension time matrix.

I hate predictions that require me to look up too many things. Nevertheless, I'm looking backward to the day that this will be discovered. Multi-verses can be so confusing.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  11:08:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
1. It will be discovered that the Sun is acutally a big iron shell with a nutron star at it core.

2. Someone will notice that there is a Gila Monster in one the pictures from the mars rover and NASA will be forced to admit that the pictures are actually from Arizona and that we never went to Mars.

3. ID will be proven correct when an instruction sheet is found that dates to 3.5 billion years old.

4. The Science of God will be accepted by acedamia when it is revealed that the GUT has been discovered and one of the variables is God.

5. Paint Ball fade as a fad when the hottest new game Psi Ball takes over.

6. The rapture will occur and everyone will be 'left behind' because as it turns out the only correct christan sect died out in 1123 AD.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  12:30:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
1) New data will show that predicted sea level and temperature rises for the next 100 years will in fact take place in less than 30 years, thus dooming hundreds of major cities.

2) General Motors and/or Ford Motors will declare bankrupcy.

3) Delta Airlines will finally be put to rest.

4) North Korea will not allow inspection teams access to the nuclear facilities. (too easy?)

5) New Orleans will have a disastrous and embarrassing MG and will not eclipse the 200K (45% of previous) population mark.

6) A major Dam in China will fail, from heavy flooding combined with corner cutting construction.

7) King Kong will not break the adjusted Titanic global box-office numbers, but will come within 10%.

8) Hot pink will be the new black.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  19:22:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
Fresh off their imaginary victory in the "War on Christmas", Pat, Jerry and the boys will invent the "War on Easter" (TM). They will threaten to boycott and sue back to the dark ages (a time near and dear to their shriveled atrophied hearts) any store that advertises using a cute slightly overweight bunny bearing pastel eggs, ignoring the true symbol of the season, the beaten to a pulp dying a gruesome death jew on a stick.

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  21:21:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by R.Wreck
a gruesome death jew on a stick.
Mmmmmm. Jew on a stick.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  03:05:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Cuneiformist

quote:
Originally posted by R.Wreck
a gruesome death jew on a stick.
Mmmmmm. Jew on a stick.

Deep-fried like a corndog at the county fair....

16. Joe Leiberman will turn his coat, as if he hasn't already, and become a Republican -- ye gods, what was Gore thinking in 2,000?!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  03:36:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

what was Gore thinking in 2,000?!
You need Bush/Cheney to make Gore/Lieberman look good.

"I strongly believe in the separation of church and state. But freedom of religion does not mean freedom from religion, there is a better way."
-- Al Gore, August 28, 2000

"The Constitution promises freedom of religion, not freedom from religion. We are, after all not just another nation, but one nation under God."
-- Joseph Lieberman, October 24, 2000,

"[We shouldn't] indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion."
-- Joseph Lieberman, January 14, 2001
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  18:55:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
Wait, I'm getting something with an "R".......

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  19:15:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
1) A "major" star (active player) in one of the four largest men's sports (MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL) will come out of the closet.

2) Jerry Lewis will pass away.

3) Hollywood will suffer it's biggest box office slump in the last decade.

4) Tom DeLay will go to jail.

5) Tomkat will break up.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 12/13/2005 19:16:21
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  03:39:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
17. Rush Limbaugh will finally go to court on drug charges. He will be convicted, scolded, fined, and assiged community service. He will blame his misfortune on the liberal court system, fire Roy Black, and appeal with a different lawyer. Before the appeal can be heard, he will arrive by ambulance at a detox center in Miami, Flordia with a narcotic OD. Needle tracks will be discovered in the vicinity of veins on both of his feet. He will blame this on the liberal media and the dittoheads will picket PBS.

18. Bill O'Reilly will be photographed by a regular contributer to the National Enquirer in bed with Jeff Gannon, nee James Guckert, at a cheap motel in Nitro, West Virginia. On his following radio show, he will rail against the liberal media and demand, with some cause actually, that rags such as the NE be shut down.

19. Ann Coulter will erase all doubt that she is female when she forgets to put on panties for a TV interview. Investigations of rumors that she was causing a disturbance by lying stone drunk and flat on her back with her legs in the air squealing, "Oh god, don't stop now!" while alone in a cheap motel in Intercourse, Pennsylvania will prove inconclusive. She will blame both incidents on the liberal media.

20. Jerry Falwell will erase all doubt that he actually has a heart when he is admitted to a Lynchburg, Virginia hospital with an attack on it. He will blame it on the secular media.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Plyss
Skeptic Friend

Netherlands
231 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  03:57:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Plyss a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kil

9. Scientists will discover that feelings of déjà vu are not psychological but rather a very real physical anomaly they attribute to a quantum short pulse string vibration that very temporarily releases us from the relatively linear constraints of a single dimension time matrix.
(Emphasis mine)

Surely this should be "Relative linear constraints"?
I mean, otherwise it doesn't make any sense.
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  10:21:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
Valiant Dancer's predictions for 2006

1) The misguided and misplaced war on terrorism will still be waged in Iraq

2) The hidden prophet of the Shi'ites will reveal himself. The Shi'ites will denounce him as a false prophet.

3) Jesus will come back. The more hardline Christians will excommunicate him. No one will be surprised.

4) Dick Cheney will make ominous predictions of death and destruction if Democrats win. The Democrats will point out that under the watchful eyes of the Republicans, the Katrina relief effort was staged. Cheney and the rest of the Republican attack monkeys will blame Clinton for it.

5) Howard Dean will say something that will make all liberals cringe and wish he would STFU.

6) Phelps will die. A unified group of GBLT, military families, Swedes, and people against hate will turn out to see his funeral. Only to make sure the rat bastard is really dead.

7) Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, and Jesse Helms will recieve personalized messages from Jesus requesting that they stop using His name until they learn about how to love thy neighbor.

8) Ruth Bader Ginsburg will retire from SCOTUS due to the "adolescent" pranks pulled by Clarence Thomas, saying, "I'm far too old to be putting up with this shit."

9) FOX news will announce that they will no longer be using sources like UPI or AP for international news. Announce they will instead issue only press releases on the subject by Kay Bailey Hutchison and Randy the Wonder Llama.

10) Yet another 1-900 tele-psychic business will go belly up and cite "poor investments".

11) Tom Delay will be convicted. Republicans will shit a brick.

12) Democrats will gain control of Congress on the heels of Delay's conviction.

13) Republican Judy Barr Topinka will be elected to be governor of Illinois. (If I have anything to say about it. Blagoivich has been disappointing.)

14) Some fundie twit, during an arguement with me, will make a purile and stupid joke about my user name instead of addressing the main thrust of my post.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Edited by - Valiant Dancer on 12/14/2005 10:22:10
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  13:55:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
21. Miss Cleo will return to television, this time advertising the Q Ray bracelets. She will know whether you need one or not and all you have to do to find out is call her 900 number.

22. Area 51 will be infiltrated by a detachment of the secertive Roswell Vigilence Committe, a group dedicated to finding out the truth of the government's coverup of UFOs. That truth, however, will be buried so deeply that they will find nothing. They will completly ignore the fact that Elvis is working as a fry cook in the base cafeteria.

23. A pigeon will drop a warm, white & green blob on Dick Cheney's newly waxed head. The offending bird will be hunted down and shot regardless of it's being a thought-to-be-extinct passenger pigeon.

24. A new Red Dwarf series will be aired on BBC (oh please let this smegger be true!).

25. Sun Mung Moon will perform another Mass wedding. Neil Bush will be stuck with the tab for the reception.

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 12/14/2005 13:59:03
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.