Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  15:18:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by bigbrain

Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

No, bigbrain, you have played this game for the last time. No more distractions. You don't want to answer the question so you throw every hot button issue you can think of which is unrelated to the question. And now you are so desperate to escape it you have to drag up something from March.

Answer the question or go infect some other forum.

Ha, ha, ha, I am managing the game, not you.

You have never gone to Saturn because you have not technology to go there.

Show with a real movie that you have gone there.

Again, you fearfully cower before the question.

Are there or are there not man made satelites orbiting the Earth?

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  15:34:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message

OFF TOPIC

"Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit" (Flattery gets friends, truth hatred)
Publius Terentius Afer, "Terence", Roman dramatist

Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  16:21:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
quote:

OFF TOPIC

Are there, or are there not, man-made satellites around the Earth?

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

DR_C

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  16:51:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send DR_C a Private Message
Are there, or are there not, man-made satellites around the Earth?

Fundie: "I believe God created me in one day."
Bill: "Looks like he rushed it."

The late Bill Hicks
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  17:20:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:

Originally posted by filthy

Explain exactly how and why the earth's Gravity will affect a 6 ton object and the sun's won't, when we know that there are many 6 tonners and even lighter in the Satellite Belt orbiting quite nicely around it. Remember the Satellite Belt? It's that vast boulder field between Mars and the great big orange one.

You believe in science fiction.

Do you know there are 15,237 colored asteroids orbiting round Pluto?

So, according to you the Asteroid Belt doesn't exist? And if it does exist, the gravity of the sun has nothing to do with it's position and orbit?

Interesting hallucinations you're having there but I must urge you to have your meds updated.

Whodafuck is, or rather was Calipari? I've killed so many that I've lost track. Dunno if he's one of mine or not.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  06:58:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message

So, according to you the Asteroid Belt doesn't exist? And if it does exist, the gravity of the sun has nothing to do with it's position and orbit?

Newton's formula is wrong.

Bigbrain's formula is right:

F = G m1 m2 v1 v2/r2 k

v1: velocity of the sun regards to universe axis
v2: velocity of the planet regards to the sun
k: maximum velocity of shark found experimentally by a secret way I'll never tell you. (I'm a jealous guy).

Asteroid Belt can't go round the sun in that orbit because there aren't sharks in the sky and it can't calculate its velocity.

Edited by - bigbrain on 12/17/2005 07:19:31
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  07:04:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message
Answer the question, punk: are there man-made satellites in orbit around the earth right now?

Why are you such a gutless coward?

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Edited by - Fripp on 12/17/2005 07:11:03
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  07:24:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
Are there, or are there not, man-made satellites on orbit?

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  07:28:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message
Originally posted by Fripp

Answer the question, punk: are there man-made satellites in orbit around the earth right now?

Why are you such a gutless coward?

OFF TOPIC

Answer the questions, idiot:

1 - Why didn't Big NASA Buffoons steer Cassini directly to Saturn?

2 - Are there Boeings against Pentagon that vanish right now?

Edited by - bigbrain on 12/17/2005 07:40:20
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  07:34:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:

Newton's formula is wrong.

Bigbrain's formula is right:

F = G m1 m2 v1 v2/r2 k

v1: velocity of the sun regards to universe axis
v2: velocity of the planet regards to the sun
k: maximum velocity of shark found experimentally by a secret way I'll never tell you. (I'm a jealous guy).

Asteroid Belt can't go round the sun in that orbit because there aren't sharks in the sky and we can't calculate their velocities.

Sir Isaac Newton was wrong; bigbrain is right..... I think that you should rephrase that to more accuratly reflect the actual state of affairs.

Sharks, hah? Are we now going to delve into ichthyology as applied to Astro-Elasmobranchs? That would be interesting and a welcome diversion from this horribly spavined topic.

Do proceed.....

Edited to add as an encouragement, the Stargazer:

Not an elasmobranch, but it's name seems apt.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 12/17/2005 07:44:19
Go to Top of Page

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  07:53:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message

500,000 tons against 200 tons

What you don't know:

Bush destroyed Twin towers.

Why?

To have pretext to make war against Iraq.

Why?

To seize its oil.

How?

Bush is building an oil pipeline through Siria to Mediterranean Sea.

Edited by - bigbrain on 12/17/2005 08:00:35
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  08:09:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
Are there, or are there not, man-made satellites in orbit?

-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  08:32:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
500,000 tons against 200 tons

500,000 tons against 200 tons + velocity, inertia, and full fuel tanks.

The rest, if Prez Fuckwit had thought of it, he just might have done so. But it is yet to be proven that he had any hand in it beyond any but that of neglect.

I have already answered the explosion question. It was not done with internal charges. What, do you think some lowlife tossed a case of dynamite in a closet and brought the buildings down? Pu-leease! It takes a lot of hard and careful work to set an implosion series. The building must be all but gutted to charge the support structure.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  10:43:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
quote:

We were born forever
We are twinned in a fugitive mind
Friends should stay together and
Light the world with the fugitive kind

So you keep talking in many languages
Telling us the way you feel
Don't stop confiding in the road you're on
Don't quit, you're walking satellites

Walking satellites
She laughs satellites
A room filled with satellites
Ahh, walking satellites

We were born forever
Tunneled into the fugitive night
Friends must stay together
Code the world with the fugitive light

I just saw you walking
Ice was reading fortunes by the moonlight
Casting runes on the rooftops and alleys
You'll never read it more than you will tonight

So you keep talking in many languages
Telling us the way you feel
Don't stop confiding in the road you're on
Don't quit, you're walking satellites

Walking satellites
She laughs satellites
A room filled with satellites
Ahh, walking satellites

-Rickie Lee Jones

So, cowardly b-lion, are there, or are there not, man-made satellites in earth orbit?

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  11:23:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message
Originally posted by Dave W.

From launch to the first Venus flyby was about 386 million miles (MM) over 193 days, for an average speed of 83,438 MPH.

From there to the second Venus flyby was 648 MM over 424 days, for an average of 63,689 MPH.

From there to the Earth flyby was just 142 MM over 55 days (!), for a peak average speed of 108,108 MPH.

Therefore Cassini would have been able to go directly to Saturn at 83,438 mph with full tanks, without wasting time on turning two times round the sun in a useless journey of 1,176,000,000 miles, using fuel to increase its velocity going away from the sun.

Try to retort my statement.

Cassini is not linked to the sun with a wire. You can't launch it like in the throwing of the hammer.

You aren't at Olympiad . You are in the infinite universe.

83,438 MPH

63,689 MPH

108,108 MPH

Big NASA Buffoons play with velocities by a joystick linked to their screens.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2.48 seconds.