Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  07:43:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

<snip>

quote:
In other words, God?

You claim that the Toe is false, yet you have put forth nothing to replace it with; only empty words.

I ask again: are you a subscriber to Intellegent Design, and if so, why? And if not, then what?

I ask again: are you a subscriber to Intellegent Design, and if so, why? And if not, then what?
(bill) Are you? If not then why and where did CD's "warm little pond" come from then?

At it again, eh?

Being a rational person, of course not. And WTF is "CD?"

And who said, "Warm, little pond?" Certainly not I. Suggested reading topic: Hydrothermal Vents and Extremophiles.

Nobody knows exactly how it all started. Yet.

Now then: Mutations. Comments?

And WTF is "CD?"
(bill) again CD = Charlie Darwin

And who said, "Warm, little pond?" Certainly not I.
(bill) CD

Suggested reading topic: Hydrothermal Vents and Extremophiles.
(bill) And what is the origin of these vents and extremophiles?

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  07:45:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
I blame our Christian dominated society for all of those problems and I have the same evidence as you, none at all.

At least they are not making us eat our dung and kill our backtalking children as the Bible insists we do.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Edited by - BigPapaSmurf on 12/28/2005 11:05:27
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  07:51:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by BigPapaSmurf

I blame our Christian dominated society for all of those problems and I have the same evidence as you, none at all.

At least they are not making us eat our dung and kill or backtalking children as the Bible insists we do.

"Besides, I think most people are aware that Alabama is a Bible Belt state, just look at the abject poverty, terrible education system, high teen pregnancy and drug use rate, high infant mortailty rate, institutionalized racism, and dumb ass judges and legistators." --Pleco of SFN

(bill) Yeah maybe? Or maybe this is the logical conclusion to the PS turning out a generation of morons?

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  07:51:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
Charles Darwin made errors due to his lack of data, they have since been corrected. Darwin is not some God to us, get over him.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  08:04:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message
quote:

Charles Darwin made errors due to his lack of data, they have since been corrected. Darwin is not some God to us, get over him.

Charles Darwin made errors due to his lack of data,
(bill) Right he said the fossil record would make his case in the future because he was concerned that a lack of TF's were being unearthed in his day. He fully admitted that without an abundance of TF that his TOE would be dead. So where is this mass abundance? I know fossils have a hard time forming so few are found, especially TF. How convenient.

they have since been corrected.
(bill) About time.

Darwin is not some God to us, get over him.
(bill) but NS and random mutations are. Skeptics give them all kinds of silly attributes such as reason and for a purpose. Oh please get over it.

Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  08:26:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Bill scott

VD

quote:

Originally posted by Kil

Because homeschooled kids don't have the security,
(bill) Your wrong, HS kids have the security. security of not being sold drugs in the bathroom at school or having their teacher proposition them for sex etc...

Do try to keep up. The deliberate parsing that you have decided on takes this completely out of context because you know your position is indefensable. The security mentioned here relates to the cost of providing such security.
(bill) Yes and I pointed out the fact that HS kids do not have to worry about providing security because drugs and sex are not exchanged freely in their restrooms and they do not have to worry about being knifed for looking at someone's boy/girl friend. Yeah, it sounds just like the place I want to send my children to learn. (sigh) Put their life at added risk so they can me taught MMM evo. 101 (sigh)

It is still a cost that goes to providing security and less towards instructional material. You have that in any large gathering of people. You don't like evolution. It does nothing to bolster your refuted allegation that illiteracy is rampant in PS.

quote:

Programs not available in all areas nor charged back to the families at the level required to fully pay for that child's involvement.
(bill) Oh please. The family already pays taxes to be used to pay for the PSs and they then have to pay more money if they want their HS kid to participate in PS sports programming. The PS is double dipping and still can't turn our money around for acceptable results. Sad.

The fees that are collected from PS families at registration don't get collected from HS families. The HS families have to (gasp) PAY for the activity. How shocking.

quote:

The article I linked to says this allegation is bullshit.
(bill) all the PS I have personally visited shows the allegation stands.

And that would be what? 1? 2? The allegation is bullshit by every metric available. Prove your allegation.

quote:

I'm calling bullshit on this one. PS in the past have done social promoting through the grades.
(bill) More of their ill fated attempts at social engineering ending in failure. Gee that was shocking.

Gee, they tried something and it didn't work. They abandoned it. They learned from mistakes.
(bill) The fact that they tried it at all shows how out of touch PSs are while they continue to fall into the abyss. What next, midnight basketball? Oh yeah they tried that as well.

Nope. They tried something new and innovative. It didn't work. They were in touch with the communities they served because the people complaining the loudest were the parents of the failing children who were insisting that their kids be promoted.

quote:

So tell me, what's it like to never make a mistake or error in judgement in the education of your children?
(bill) Look I am human and make mistakes as we all do. But some of the logic put forth for some of the nonsense that they (PSs) have propagated is just a plan lack of thought and common sense.

There's that "common sense" arguement that you trot out when you have no clue about what you're talking about.

quote:

The fact remains that it is no longer happening. Your allegation is bullshit.
(bill) And now the inner city schools are thriving because of it right? Oh please.

You seem to be under the impression that either a scholl is thriving or it is declining. Improvement takes time. The inner city schools are improving. Even with slashed budgets due to economic crises.

quote:

I accept your concession that your original accusation was a lie.
(bill) Suit yourself...

Again, prove your allegation. I'll concede disrespect but it seems endemic to this generation rather than PS related. Unbridled sex? Based on what?
(bill) 90210, 21 jump street, Melrose Place etc...

You do realize that those are fictional depictions. They are geared towards making money through advertizing and not towards accuracy. What study can you cite that proves your allegation. TV works of fiction don't cut it.
(bill) Oh relax I was just trying to inject a little humor which obviously went right over you. How about all the PS teachers just this year who have made the news for sleeping with kids 15 and younger? And these are all the women teachers as a man teacher sleeping with a 15 year old girl student is not even news worthy anymore as these days many of our middle school aged young men dream of that day when they will get the stripper/calendar girl/model/middle school teacher like the boys in FL, TN, TX. etc...

Now, take the real number of teachers involved in this, and not another baseless allegation, compared to the whole number of teachers. It's not that large of a percentage. About the same as HS sexual abuse and abuse by clergy.

And being hot for teacher is as normal as being attracted to authority figures of the appropriate gender. (Right, Ricky? )

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  09:01:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by filthy

<snip>

quote:
In other words, God?

You claim that the Toe is false, yet you have put forth nothing to replace it with; only empty words.

(bill) Are you? If not then why and where did CD's "warm little pond" come from then?

At it again, eh?

Being a rational person, of course not. And WTF is "CD?"

And who said, "Warm, little pond?" Certainly not I. Suggested reading topic: Hydrothermal Vents and Extremophiles.

Nobody knows exactly how it all started. Yet.

Now then: Mutations. Comments?

And WTF is "CD?"
(bill) again CD = Charlie Darwin

And who said, "Warm, little pond?" Certainly not I.
(bill) CD

Suggested reading topic: Hydrothermal Vents and Extremophiles.
(bill) And what is the origin of these vents and extremophiles?

More red herrings, more dodging the issue, C'mon Bill, we got to do better than this......

Darwin. Ok, got it. But I would remind that Darwin was working a centruy & a half ago, and the science has long passed him by. But his ToE still sound.

I am not going to do your research for you beyond stating that a certain percentage of the worlds extremophiles originated in those volcanic, deep-sea vents, and those vents came about through the normal, geologic action of the earth's crust. Look it up, if you really want to know. You will be rewarded with a very interesting bit of science and natural history.

Again: Mutations........?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  09:05:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Scott...

(bill)Yes I do. But I take more of an issue when skeptics try to tell me that these random mutations programmed at the cellular level with the reason of survival in mind. The skeptic has given the reason as survival. Indicating that they have given the RM the ability to use reason, logic and forethought as they plot their survival tactic with survival in mind while programming the creature not necessarily for it's own long term survival but for the survival of the entire species.

[...]

(bill) Or maybe I just explain to you the absurdity of the notion that random mutations can program with reason for the reason of survival of (not the one little creature) but the entire species. As if NS has information on the outside world that it can use to design a better program so that the creature and all it's kin can lead longer happy lives.
Again, that's not how it works. Either you don't want to understand what you read or you simply aren't capable of understanding. It has been explained to you time and time again that the mutations which might be beneficial (or detrimental) to the survival of a species do not come about because of any thought or logic or planning. Unless I miss my guess, it is you who are implying that some form of intelligence must be behind it. Nobody here has said anything of the sort, although given your abhorrent reading skills it's likely you continue to believe we are saying that because you are so radically misinterpreting what we are writing.
quote:

(bill) Please send me the TF keychain set then from your local NHM since we have millions of examples stuffing the NHM to capacity. They were from all the billions of years where modern day creatures where in their transition state and they were put down in abundance right?
Transitional fossils again? Go learn how to read, then re-read this entire thread. You'll see where that issue has been addressed. Or maybe you're just a troll.
quote:

Originally posted by me...

just exactly what do you think creates the changes? What does interject those little differences from one generation to the next that give a particular plant or animal an edge in its chances to survive and procreate?
(bill) One more time. As dogs move into cold climates long haired dogs will thrive. When dogs move into hotter climates short hair dogs thrive. This does not require random mutations multiplied by millions of years to take place. It is just simple logic that long hair dogs would thrive in the cold and guess what? They did.

People keep asking you this, but for some reason you refuse to answer.
(bill) I just did for the 25th time.

If the process doesn't come about by random mutation, what do you propose is the process by which life on Earth has evolved to its present form?
(bill) sigh, OK one more time, long hair dogs will thrive as the dogs move north while the opposite will take place as dogs move south. No mutation required and the dogs are still dogs.

Are you just afraid you can't answer that in an articulate or intelligent way?
(bill) No I have made it as simple as I can for you.
One more time, you have said you don't believe that random mutation is the process which causes evolution. One more time, you haven't said what you do believe to be the cause. If you still don't understand the question, it's possible you are mentally retarded. I've made this as simple as I can.
quote:

Maybe you're scared that reality beyond your delusion requires thinking and learning, and maybe that's all just too much work for your brain.
(bill) seriously?
Yes, seriously. You continue to provide evidence that you don't have the reading comprehension skills or intellectual ability beyond that of a primary school child. If you were to take a biology course in your community college and were required to understand the process of evolution in order to pass the course, I guarantee that you would fail.
quote:

Do you actually have a notion about the process by which life on Earth has evolved to its present form, or have you spent all your time on this forum just babbling nonsense?
(bill) How about where life on came from? So where did CD say this "warm little pond" came from and how?
The issue isn't where life came from, but how it has progressed through its evolutionary stages to come to its present form. You've been asked over and over to explain how you believe these changes have occurred. You've continued to evade answering that question. I take it that you simply aren't able or willing to offer an alternative.
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  09:10:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
quote:

quote:

At least they are not making us eat our dung and kill or backtalking children as the Bible insists we do.

"Besides, I think most people are aware that Alabama is a Bible Belt state, just look at the abject poverty, terrible education system, high teen pregnancy and drug use rate, high infant mortailty rate, institutionalized racism, and dumb ass judges and legistators." --Pleco of SFN

(bill) Yeah maybe? Or maybe this is the logical conclusion to the PS turning out a generation of morons?

I agree - one reason Alabama is a Bible Belt state is the pathetic public school system here. Thank you!

You know why it is pathetic? Becuase no monies are given to the system. People 'round these parts (I live here) would rather send their kids to church or home school where they won't be corrupted with evil biology, chemisty, physics, and math classes. Or, the parents are wealthy enough to send their kids to quality private schools (as was my case many moons ago), though this is quite the minority.

Meanwhile, they continually vote to have extremely low property tax. Why should they spend money to help prop up a PS system they neither agree with nor send their kids to?

Therefore, the majority of kids who go to PS are the ones whose parents cannot afford church or private school, and have to work and therefore cannot be homeschooled.

They have to go to PS that have portable classrooms, too many students per class, terrible environment, underqualified teachers, and a cirriculum set by school boards who think the earth is only 6000 years old and are more concerned about the football program than a proper science/logic background for our students.

Meanwhile, the US is falling way behind other countries in producing students with backgrounds in math and science.

I wonder why?

And then these students, with a faulty knowledge of science, grow up and have kids, what will they teach them? Will they care about their kids having a proper background?

The cycle continues...it is a control by the evangelical religious to keep their fist firmly in the face of today's youth so they may keep their power.

Because teaching critical thinking and skepticism leads to questioning, which will lead to a re-examiniation of what is clung to as true by tradtion and by authroity figures. That may lead to an abandonment of these institutions.

And we can't have that, now can we?

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Edited by - pleco on 12/28/2005 09:16:51
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  09:22:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

quote:

VD

quote:

Originally posted by Kil

(bill) Your wrong, HS kids have the security. security of not being sold drugs in the bathroom at school or having their teacher proposition them for sex etc...

Do try to keep up. The deliberate parsing that you have decided on takes this completely out of context because you know your position is indefensable. The security mentioned here relates to the cost of providing such security.
(bill) Yes and I pointed out the fact that HS kids do not have to worry about providing security because drugs and sex are not exchanged freely in their restrooms and they do not have to worry about being knifed for looking at someone's boy/girl friend. Yeah, it sounds just like the place I want to send my children to learn. (sigh) Put their life at added risk so they can me taught MMM evo. 101 (sigh)

It is still a cost that goes to providing security and less towards instructional material. You have that in any large gathering of people. You don't like evolution. It does nothing to bolster your refuted allegation that illiteracy is rampant in PS.

quote:

Programs not available in all areas nor charged back to the families at the level required to fully pay for that child's involvement.
(bill) Oh please. The family already pays taxes to be used to pay for the PSs and they then have to pay more money if they want their HS kid to participate in PS sports programming. The PS is double dipping and still can't turn our money around for acceptable results. Sad.

The fees that are collected from PS families at registration don't get collected from HS families. The HS families have to (gasp) PAY for the activity. How shocking.

quote:

And that would be what? 1? 2? The allegation is bullshit by every metric available. Prove your allegation.

quote:

I'm calling bullshit on this one. PS in the past have done social promoting through the grades.
(bill) More of their ill fated attempts at social engineering ending in failure. Gee that was shocking.

Gee, they tried something and it didn't work. They abandoned it. They learned from mistakes.
(bill) The fact that they tried it at all shows how out of touch PSs are while they continue to fall into the abyss. What next, midnight basketball? Oh yeah they tried that as well.

Nope. They tried something new and innovative. It didn't work. They were in touch with the communities they served because the people complaining the loudest were the parents of the failing children who were insisting that their kids be promoted.

quote:

So tell me, what's it like to never make a mistake or error in judgement in the education of your children?
(bill) Look I am human and make mistakes as we all do. But some of the logic put forth for some of the nonsense that they (PSs) have propagated is just a plan lack of thought and common sense.

There's that "common sense" arguement that you trot out when you have no clue about what you're talking about.

quote:

(bill) And now the inner city schools are thriving because of it right? Oh please.

You seem to be under the impression that either a scholl is thriving or it is declining. Improvement takes time. The inner city schools are improving. Even with slashed budgets due to economic crises.

quote:

(bill) Suit yourself...

Again, prove your allegation. I'll concede disrespect but it seems endemic to this generation rather than PS related. Unbridled sex? Based on what?

You do realize that those are fictional depictions. They are geared towards making money through advertizing and not towards accuracy. What study can you cite that proves your allegation. TV works of fiction don't cut it.
(bill) Oh relax I was just trying to inject a little humor which obviously went right over you. How about all the PS teachers just this year who have made the news for sleeping with kids 15 and younger? And these are all the women teachers as a man teacher sleeping with a 15 year old girl student is not even news worthy anymore as these days many of our middle school aged young men dream of that day when they will get the stripper/calendar girl/model/middle school teacher like the boys in FL, TN, TX. etc...

Now, take the real number of teachers involved in this, and not another baseless allegation, compared to the whole number of teachers. It's not that large of a percentage. About the same as HS sexual abuse and abuse by clergy.

And being hot for teacher is as normal as being attracted to authority figures of the appropriate gender. (Right, Ricky? )

VD

quote:

Originally posted by Kil

It is still a cost that goes to providing security and less towards instructional material.
(bill) And they still are one of the most funded operations of the US government after money is taken out for security and they continue to perform at a sub par level when considering the billions spent each year on PE.

You have that in any large gathering of people.
(bill) you never had it to this degree in years gone by at the PS. Heck now PS hire out police officers just to monitor the rest rooms. And this is in the teachers lounge.

You don't like evolution.
(bill) It not that I don't like macro evolution I just don't except it. To many missing holes and just so stories for me. You might say it brings the skeptic out in me.

It does nothing to bolster your refuted allegation that illiteracy is rampant in PS.
(bill) Evolution? No. Job applicants yes.

The fees that are collected from PS families at registration don'

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  09:29:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Well said, pleco! Hear, hear!

Y'know, if Bill was slightly less literate and courteous, I'd say we'd seen him before. Anybody else have that feeling?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  09:58:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

quote:

VD

quote:

Originally posted by Kil

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

(bill) Suit yourself...

Again, that's not how it works. Either you don't want to understand what you read or you simply aren't capable of understanding. It has been explained to you time and time again that the mutations which might be beneficial
(bill) never

(or detrimental) to the survival of a species do not come about because of any thought or logic or planning.
(bill) I agree

Unless I miss my guess, it is you who are implying that some form of intelligence must be behind it. Nobody here has said anything of the sort, although given your abhorrent reading skills it's likely you continue to believe we are saying that because you are so radically misinterpreting what we are writing.
(bill) Once more nice and slow. Snake guy and Tommy H. as well as others have told me the reason for the programming is survival of species. In order to program for survival of the species (not individual creature) foreknowledge and reason must be applied. The skeptics have know unwitedly proposed that NS programs for a reason. IN THIS CONTEXT it takes a reason to have a reason.

Transitional fossils again? Go learn

Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  10:01:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by pleco

quote:

quote:

I agree - one reason Alabama is a Bible Belt state is the pathetic public school system here. Thank you!

You know why it is pathetic? Becuase no monies are given to the system. People 'round these parts (I live here) would rather send their kids to church or home school where they won't be corrupted with evil biology, chemisty, physics, and math classes. Or, the parents are wealthy enough to send their kids to quality private schools (as was my case many moons ago), though this is quite the minority.

Meanwhile, they continually vote to have extremely low property tax. Why should they spend money to help prop up a PS system they neither agree with nor send their kids to?

Therefore, the majority of kids who go to PS are the ones whose parents cannot afford church or private school, and have to work and therefore cannot be homeschooled.

They have to go to PS that have portable classrooms, too many students per class, terrible environment, underqualified teachers, and a cirriculum set by school boards who think the earth is only 6000 years old and are more concerned about the football program than a proper science/logic background for our students.

Meanwhile, the US is falling way behind other countries in producing students with backgrounds in math and science.

I wonder why?

And then these students, with a faulty knowledge of science, grow up and have kids, what will they teach them? Will they care about their kids having a proper background?

The cycle continues...it is a control by the evangelical religious to keep their fist firmly in the face of today's youth so they may keep their power.

Because teaching critical thinking and skepticism leads to questioning, which will lead to a re-examiniation of what is clung to as true by tradtion and by authroity figures. That may lead to an abandonment of these institutions.

And we can't have that, now can we?

(bill) this should be good.

(bill) So just because private citizen pulled Johnny out of a failing system it is their fault that the system was/did fail? Oh right.

Meanwhile, they continually vote to have extremely low property tax.
(bill) Lucky them. They get to spend THEIR OWN money on THEIR kids education rather then give the money to uncle sam and let the government indoctrinate their kids.

Why should they spend money to help prop up a PS system they neither agree with nor send their kids to?
(bill) I agree.

(bill) This is not the fault of HS and private school they have to work to. What only PS children have parents that work?

(bill) I would have yanked my kid as well. I feel sorry for the kid who is forced into public schools but leaving my kid in is not an option. All the kids were yanked from PS because the school failed, they were not the reason for the failure.

I wonder why?
(bill) Public schools, I have been saying this the whole time. Across the board and considering how much jack uncle sam throws at PE they are a national disgrace.

And then these students, with a faulty knowledge of science,
(bill) Oh yeah, so little Johnny getting a job at the machine shop has nothing to do with if he can read a micrometer or not but all hinges on if Johnny can answer who or what first crawled out of the warm little pond. Oh good grief.

(bill) that is NDEP playbook for the failing PS

(bill) ditto

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  10:14:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
I really wish you would learn to use the quote function - or do you do this intentionally to make it hard for people to respond?

quote:
So just because private citizen pulled Johnny out of a failing system it is their fault that the system was/did fail? Oh right.

That's not the only reason. Private citizens also fail to elect competent school boards (probably should not even be an elected position) and do not vote to allocate the correct resources. They also vote in legislators who don't give a damn about the school system. But it is private citizen's fault.

quote:
Lucky them. They get to spend THEIR OWN money on THEIR kids education rather then give the money to uncle sam and let the government indoctrinate their kids.

So I guess you aren't opposed to no one paying any taxes and everyone provides for their police, fire, defense, etc? You live in Montana out in the woods? We live a social contract. That means we all pay for things which we may or may not agree with. My tax money goes to things I hate, but it is one of the things I give up in order to live in this country. Are you that unpatriotic? Read the preamble sometime.

quote:
This is not the fault of HS and private school they have to work to. What only PS children have parents that work?

If both parents work, then how is a child homeschooled? Private school is only avaiable to the wealthy. I should have been more clear that public school is available to parents that work and can't afford private school. I apologize.

quote:
would have yanked my kid as well. I feel sorry for the kid who is forced into public schools but leaving my kid in is not an option. All the kids were yanked from PS because the school failed, they were not the reason for the failure.

It is a system. One thing affects the other. Yanking the kids, taking away money, these things contribute. But they are not the only reasons; I stated a few.

quote:
Oh yeah, so little Johnny getting a job at the machine shop has nothing to do with if he can read a micrometer or not but all hinges on if Johnny can answer who or what first crawled out of the warm little pond. Oh good grief.

You prove my point with this statement.

quote:
that is NDEP playbook for the failing PS

And?

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  10:23:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

take 26: Long haired dogs live where it is cold and so on and so forth
Why do some dogs have long hair and others short hair in the first place?

Why won't you address your main point anymore, and instead focus on these trivialities?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds.