Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  14:18:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Bill scott

quote:
Originally posted by pleco

I have an image of a man standing with his fingers stuck in his ears yelling "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA"....

We are casting pearls before swine, I'm afraid.

You must be looking in a mirror...

Ohhh, here we go. The old "I know you are but what am I?" argument.

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  14:28:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
Some news...

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=1433679

quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Two days after a U.S. judge struck down the teaching of intelligent design theory in a Pennsylvania public school, the journal Science on Thursday proclaimed evolution the breakthrough of 2005.

Wide-ranging research published this year, including a study that showed a mere 4 percent difference between human and chimpanzee DNA, built on Charles Darwin's landmark 1859 work "The Origin of Species" and the idea of natural selection, the journal's editors wrote.

"Amid this outpouring of results, 2005 stands out as a banner year for uncovering the intricacies of how evolution actually proceeds," they wrote. "Ironically, also this year, some segments of American society fought to dilute the teaching of even the basic facts of evolution."

The journal's editor in chief, Don Kennedy, acknowledged this was a reference to the rise of the theory of intelligent design, which holds that some aspects of nature are so complex that they must be the work of an unnamed creator rather than the result of random natural selection, as Darwin argued.

Opponents, including many scientists, argue it is a thinly disguised version of creationism — a belief that the world was created by God as described in the Book of Genesis — which the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled may not be taught in public schools.

"I think what arouses the ire of scientists (about intelligent design) is … the notion that it belongs in the same universe as scientific analysis," Kennedy said in a telephone interview.

"It's a hypothesis that's not testable, and one of the important recognition factors for science and scientific ideas is the notion of testability, that you can go out and do an experiment and learn from it and change your idea," said Kennedy. "That's just not possible with a notion that's as much a belief in spirituality as intelligent design is."

Intelligent design theory came under review in two U.S. states this year, with a federal judge in Pennsylvania on Tuesday banning the teaching of intelligent design as an alternative to evolution in the Dover Area School District.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  14:30:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by GeeMack

quote:
[i]Originally posted by [b]Bill Troll Scott[Nobody here has ever suggested anything even remotely like that.

You are in desperate need of much improvement in your reading comprehension skills. For the most part you have presented yourself as a complete idiot. But the possibility does exist that you simply can't understand what you read. I'm still willing to accept that you might suffer from cognitive dissonance. Any way about it the fact remains, you don't have the slightest idea about how evolution works.

But, to humor you, I'll pose a question. You clearly believe life exists. You clearly believe that life did not come to its current form through the process of evolution. What would you suggest is the process that is responsible for bringing about the state of life on Earth as we know it today? Magic?[quote]Yes this great that we have the understanding to combat these mutations but this in no way relates to raptors turning into birds.
Wow, you are willing to acknowledge the existence of mutations. There may be a glimmer of light at the end of your tunnel. Oh wait, what was I thinking? You don't have the ability to understand the kinds of time frames and numbers of generations necessary for small mutations to accumulate causing major changes in life forms that manifest in what we know of as evolution. Sorry to keep bringing in ideas that are far too complicated for you to grasp.

So back to my previous question: What would you suggest is the process that is responsible for bringing about the state of life on Earth as we know it today?

Edited for spelling

[quote][i]Originally posted by [b]Bill Troll Scott[
Nobody here has ever suggested anything even remotely like that.

(bill) umm go back and reread Filthy post he thinks random mutations program for a reason with fore thought and a end result. He said blind random chance programs for survival which of coarse would require prederminded thought and a specific outcome predetermined. Not capable by random mutations. Tommy H tries to spread that garbage as well.

, you are willing to acknowledge the existence of mutations. There may be a glimmer of light at the end of your tunnel. Oh wait, what was I thinking? You don't have the ability to understand the kinds of time frames and numbers of generations necessary for small mutations to accumulate causing major changes in life forms that manifest in what we know of as evolution. Sorry to keep bringing in ideas that are far too complicated for you to grasp.

(bill) Oh yes, it's so complacted. What appears to be complacated is for you or any other SFN to point me in the direction of the great stash of TF that the macro TOE camp is hiding from everyone else. Where are they?

So back to my previous question: What would you suggest is the process that is responsible for bringing about the state of life on Earth as we know it today?

(bill) Wow! Someone who will actually discuse cosmology. I will tell you this. It did not start in CD's "warm little pond." Let's all imagine if we can a "warm little pond." Maybe, just maybe... Oh brother...

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  14:37:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
filthy actually stated:

quote:
Come to think of it, actually, there is a 'reason', of sorts, albeit a blind one. As I have stated, evolution works by random mutation gradualy adapting a species to suit it's environment. Species survival is the 'reason.'

which is exactly NOT what you interpreted. Comprehend what you read.

quote:
I will tell you this. It did not start in CD's "warm little pond."

Please share, I would really like to know.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Edited by - pleco on 12/22/2005 14:39:30
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  14:43:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by filthy

And your point is....?

Come to think of it, actually, there is a 'reason', of sorts, albeit a blind one. As I have stated, evolution works by random mutation gradualy adapting a species to suit it's environment. Species survival is the 'reason.'

Now see if you can get your friend to get me to pull that one. Or you can try it yourself. I rather doubt if either of you has the knowledge or even the command of language to pull it off -- if indeed Tommy actually made the statement. I'd like to see the orginal posts.

Y'know, it never fails to amaze me that people can come in here claiming greater knowledge than such scientists as Xu, Horner, Clack, Cuffy, Meert, Morton, et al: people who dedicate their lives to their studies. I think it shows a degree of ignorance even beyond misinformed.

1. What is your version of Reality?

2. With what would you replace evolution in the schools?

3. Why do you avoid these questions like a rat worried about a snake?

quote:
And your point is....?
(Bill) I did not lie.

(bill) Here is a news flash: random mutation can not reason. randomness creates dis-information always has and always will. Your staminate is laughable. Your saying that random mutations program death for a reason!!!!! HAHAHAHA A reason and to reason requires fore thought and an end result in mind. You are giving these attributes to random mutations? Ha You just like Tommy now have tried to convince me that random genetic mutinous can program for a reason. with an end result in mind. You are off the charts now with your philosophy. Randomness creates dis-information not programs programmed with and for a reason. GIVE ME A BREAK.

Y'know, it never fails to amaze me that people can come in here claiming greater knowledge than such scientists as Xu, Horner, Clack, Cuffy, Meert, Morton, et al: people who dedicate their lives to their studies. I think it shows a degree of ignorance even beyond misinformed.
(bill) Yeah, what was I thinking? No scientist has ever been wrong. (sigh)

(bill) for the 4th or 5th time now. That the fossil record begins with the creatures in status quo and the TF is a myth and the macro TOE crowd will to go great links and major hand waving to cover up this fact when they could just in fact point out all the 1000's of TF on display at some our fine NHMs if in fact Darwinian TOE were true. But instead the play a game of marry go round and ask the doubter to find his own TF display. (sigh)

(bill) see above

(bill)Any snakes found on my property are quickly processed into boots, wallets and neck ties. The snakes don't much care for me.

regards Bill

I don't care much for you, either. Your dishonesty is appalling. I now have no doubt that you lied about Tommy's quote and will continue to lie throughout your tenure here.

And you are a quote miner as well, eh, a clumsey one. I did not say that mutations could reason. I said that species survival was the blind reason for evolution.

Bolded quote: And I have shown you fossils demonstrating demonstrating species in transition. If you want to see an exibit, go to a museum on your own dime. I doubt that you'll understand what you are looking at, but what the hell. Go anyway. It'll distract your mind from the Voices.

You have still avoided question #2 except to refer me to your blither about #1. That is not acceptable. For either query, comes to that. But I think I know why. In the dank void you use to reason with, there is nothing to be found, right?

I'm interested if your contention that evolution claims a lizard might give birth to a bird. This is a straw man right out of the idiot Hovind's playbook. I think I'll shoot it down.

Birds are decended from theropod dinosaurs, not lizards. Further, it implies that a bird hatched from a reptile egg, and that is utter garbage. Because individuals do not evolve, you see. Only populations evolve and they do it over great periods of time. Educate yourself! You haven't the least conception of what you are trying to discuss.

1. What is your version of reality, if any.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 12/22/2005 14:51:40
Go to Top of Page

woolytoad
Skeptic Friend

313 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  15:22:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send woolytoad a Private Message
I will assume our friend Bill is in the US and I will hold his hand and answer his first question all the way from Australia!

The American Museum of Natural History in New York has an exhibit on evolution running until May 26th 2006.

You can find the address here: http://www.amnh.org/museum/?src=toolbar
It says:
Central Park West, 79th Street
New York City

The museum has a web page for their Darwin exhibit here: http://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/darwin/ If you actually read it Bill, you'll see one of the predictions that Darwin made using his theory, and lo and behold, he was right. One of the things a good theory can do is predict things.

And forget that Bill doesn't understand evolution, he doesn't understand basic science. Everyone involved in the whole Archaeoraptor debacle has admitted to making a huge mistake. There was even an entire documentary about the fake where they actually cover the flaws and even figure out how it was done.

This is what happens with science Bill. People make mistakes. We find out and then correct them. You're just being stupid by insisting that a single cleverly forged fossil somehow over turns an entire theory.

Personally I think it's worth what ever was paid for it, it's extremely well done. The doco is called The Dinosaur that Fooled the World, the website is here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/horizon/2001/dinofool.shtml. Unfortunately, I cannot find a link to a DVD. Apparently the Horizon shows are not put on DVD or video for sale :(
Go to Top of Page

Paulos23
Skeptic Friend

USA
446 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  15:49:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Paulos23's Homepage Send Paulos23 a Private Message
For some reason your link to the The Dinosaur that Fooled the World artical gets a 401 error. But if you do a search for it on the bbc website by the artical title, you can find it.

Very interesting, together it was a forgery, but seperatly they are valuble fossils by themselves.

You can go wrong by being too skeptical as readily as by being too trusting. -- Robert A. Heinlein

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  15:50:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Fripp

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by pleco

I have an image of a man standing with his fingers stuck in his ears yelling "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA"....

We are casting pearls before swine, I'm afraid.

You must be looking in a mirror...

Ohhh, here we go. The old "I know you are but what am I?" argument.

Fight fire with fire.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  15:56:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Scott...
quote:
Originally posted by me...
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Scott...

I have learned something new. That Tommy is not the only one of the SFN crew to be delusional with the premises that blind and random genetic mutations can and do program for a reason with a final outcome in mind based on forethought.
Nobody here has ever suggested anything even remotely like that.
(bill) umm go back and reread Filthy post he thinks random mutations program for a reason with fore thought and a end result. He said blind random chance programs for survival which of coarse would require prederminded thought and a specific outcome predetermined. Not capable by random mutations. Tommy H tries to spread that garbage as well.
Again, nobody has suggested anything remotely like that ridiculous idea. If you're reading that into what we're saying it's obvious that for some reason you are just incapable of understanding what you read. I stand by my earlier comment. You either lack decent reading comprehension skills, you are suffering from nearly debilitating cognitive dissonance, or you're just plain too stupid to get fourth grade science. I'm beginning to lean towards the latter.

You've neglected to answer my previous question which was, what would you suggest is the process that is responsible for bringing about the state of life on Earth as we know it today? Your attempt at a reply...
quote:
(bill) Wow! Someone who will actually discuse cosmology. I will tell you this. It did not start in CD's "warm little pond." Let's all imagine if we can a "warm little pond." Maybe, just maybe... Oh brother...
... was just more of your inane babbling. But maybe your lack of ability to read has caused you to misunderstand the question. So let me put it in terms that even a moron could understand. What would you suggest is the process that is responsible for bringing about the state of life on Earth as we know it today?
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  16:15:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:

And your point is....?

Now see if you can get your friend to get me to pull that one. Or you can try it yourself. I rather doubt if either of you has the knowledge or even the command of language to pull it off -- if indeed Tommy actually made the statement. I'd like to see the orginal posts.

quote:
And your point is....?
(Bill) I did not lie.

(bill) Here is a news flash: random mutation can not reason. randomness creates dis-information always has and always will. Your staminate is laughable. Your saying that random mutations program death for a reason!!!!! HAHAHAHA A reason and to reason requires fore thought and an end result in mind. You are giving these attributes to random mutations? Ha You just like Tommy now have tried to convince me that random genetic mutinous can program for a reason. with an end result in mind. You are off the charts now with your philosophy. Randomness creates dis-information not programs programmed with and for a reason. GIVE ME A BREAK.

(bill) Yeah, what was I thinking? No scientist has ever been wrong. (sigh)

(bill) for the 4th or 5th time now. That the fossil record begins with the creatures in status quo and the TF is a myth and the macro TOE crowd will to go great links and major hand waving to cover up this fact when they could just in fact point out all the 1000's of TF on display at some our fine NHMs if in fact Darwinian TOE were true. But instead the play a game of marry go round and ask the doubter to find his own TF display. (sigh)

(bill) see above

(bill)Any snakes found on my property are quickly processed into boots, wallets and neck ties. The snakes don't much care for me.

regards Bill

I don't care much for you, either. Your dishonesty is appalling. I now have no doubt that you lied about Tommy's quote and will continue to lie throughout your tenure here.

And you are a quote miner as well, eh, a clumsey one. I did not say that mutations could reason. I said that species survival was the blind reason for evolution.

Bolded quote: And I have shown you fossils demonstrating demonstrating species in transition. If you want to see an exibit, go to a museum on your own dime. I doubt that you'll understand what you are looking at, but what the hell. Go anyway. It'll distract your mind from the Voices.

You have still avoided question #2 except to refer me to your blither about #1. That is not acceptable. For either query, comes to that. But I think I know why. In the dank void you use to reason with, there is nothing to be found, right?

I'm interested if your contention that evolution claims a lizard might give birth to a bird. This is a straw man right out of the idiot Hovind's playbook. I think I'll shoot it down.

Birds are decended from theropod dinosaurs, not lizards. Further, it implies that a bird hatched from a reptile egg, and that is utter garbage. Because individuals do not evolve, you see. Only populations evolve and they do it over great periods of time. Educate yourself! You haven't the least conception of what you are trying to discuss.

I don't care much for you,

(bill) I never said I did not care for you. I don't even know you. I do want to pause and thank you for your service to our country. I will for ever be in debt to the veterans of our country for freedom. Freedom of speach that alows all to have these discusions without fear. I thank you Phil. And to be honest with you I do not kill snakes found on my land. Mostly garder snakes and rat snakes and they help keep the rodent population in check so I a, glad to have them around.

either. Your dishonesty is appalling. I now have no doubt that you lied about Tommy's quote and will continue to lie throughout your tenure here.

(bill) I kid you not. Why is it so hard to believe?You said it yourself. That random mutations program for a resaon. And the reason you gave was survival. It takes forethought and predetermanation to program in antisapation of future events such as what would it take to survie? Random chance i.e. random mutations can not reason" for a "reason" It takes logic, forethought, predetermantion etc... etc... to program for a reason. Random mutations do not reason.
They have no logic. And the evolutionists claim that they program by default is a stretch to say the least.

(bill) It takes reason to have a reason.

(bill) Ok?

(bill) I am not aware of this KH you speak of.

Birds are decended from

Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  17:10:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
Macro TOE being void in the place where it should be most abundant.
Honny, have you ever seen a kitten with six fingers? I have. Have you seen a turtle with two heads? I have. Now add trillions of such little transformations, give it a couple billion years...

'nuff said.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  17:31:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
<snippage of much tedious bullshit, both Bill's and mine>

quote:
(bill) I kid you not. Why is it so hard to believe?You said it yourself. That random mutations program for a resaon. And the reason you gave was survival. It takes forethought and predetermanation to program in antisapation of future events such as what would it take to survie? Random chance i.e. random mutations can not reason" for a "reason" It takes logic, forethought, predetermantion etc... etc... to program for a reason. Random mutations do not reason.
They have no logic. And the evolutionists claim that they program by default is a stretch to say the least.

(bill) It takes reason to have a reason.

(bill) Ok?

(bill) I am not aware of this KH you speak of.

(bill) Oh realax. Lizzard is slang for Dino and you know that. Lizzard/dino whatever who cares? It did not turn into a bird and the NG peice demonstrates that they are still looking for the first rock to say so.

(bill) P.E. or study hall.

(bill) Macro TOE being void in the place where it should be most abundant.

regards Bill

Ok, again in a little more detail: Mutations have no conciousness; no awarness. They simply happen for good or ill, or no real effect at all. Every creature in existence has mutations, including thee and me. Most are are of no concern but some few are bad. The populations carrying these fail to propagate as often as they might and, if the mutation is not countered by another or others, the population will ultimatly die out. This does not mean that the species will expire; merely that segment of it.

Beneficial mutations, on the other hand, those that help the animal be slightly faster, digest better, endure climate changes, and so forth, will untimatly result in a population that thrives, barring natural catastrophy, of course. Again, this does not guarentee that the species will benefit, only that part of it that has the mutation(s). All of this takes a lot of time. So much in fact, that macroevolution is not really observable except in organisms that have a very rapid generation turnover. But given enough time and you end up with a new species, which is the agreed line between micro and macro (I'm of the opinion that it's all the same, damned, old evolution -- only a matter of degree. How many micros does it take to make a macro?). As can be seen, evolution works best in isolated, pocket populations.

The Galapagos and Aldabra islands nicely showcase this. The marine iguana is still an iguana, but it is like no other in the world and it traces it's roots to a mainland species. Given more time in the isolation of the Galapagos Archapelego, what might it eventually become? I don't know nor can even hazzard a guess. Heh, but it will still be, well, a reptile...

PE and study hall, hah? C'mon now. We both know that those are the two biggest wastes of time ever put into schools. I used to avoid both, the one because they wouldn't let me read what I wanted, and the other because I ain't all that sporty.

So allow me to rephrase that: in science class, what would you replace it with? Sorry I wasn't more explicit before.

Never heard of Hovind? I thought everybody knew of 'Dr. Dino.' I don't feel up to it at the moment, but if asked tomorrow, I will write a hopefully brief, but probably not, screed concerning one of the more outrageous of the young earth creationists. This guy is an embarrassment even to AiG and ICR. And that, my friend, is an embarrassment.

One of Kent's favorite, straw-man blathers is: "You can't get a croc from a rock!" This is true, you indeed, can't. But you can get a rock from a croc. I've done it.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

lord_hevonen

30 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  17:45:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send lord_hevonen a Private Message
I know i may be making a straw man here, but i sort of wish that creationists still had the balls to talk about Creation and the Creator, not this kind of thinly veiled baloney. You know, "hmm, i think this evolution thing is not too convincing, let's give the kids something else to read as well, like"...say it like a man, the BIBLE!
Actually i think that kids should know the Bible, along with the teachings of other religions. But it should never be mixed with science classes.
Edited by - lord_hevonen on 12/22/2005 17:50:10
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  19:36:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
quote:

quote:
I have learned something new. That Tommy is not the only one of the SFN crew to be delusional with the premises that blind and random genetic mutations can and do program for a reason with a final outcome in mind based on forethought. That is so laughable that I don't even need to say anymore.

This moronic statement speaks volumes for itself.

Actually, I agree with you here.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by moakley
You have been directed to a site that is well respect and whose contributors are professionals with many years of experience in various fields of science, including evolution.

Respected by you not me. I asked very simply for 5 favorite TF displays and the location of these displays. If CD was correct we should have TF displays stuffed in the basement of the NHM to make room for all the new ones coming. Yet when asked for the location of a display only links to cyberspace are given. Smoke and mirrors continues, how sad.

I agree. (emphasis added)

quote:

quote:
But since you already have your "Truth", your version of "Reality", you simply dismiss Talk Origins as a propaganda site.

Why can't any of you just give me some locations to some TF displays. Stop reaching in your bag of tricks and spouting off 50 different links to cyberspace and just speak for yourself. If you are up with all your distraction links you can just respond in your own word with a summoned up version and the whole thread will roll smoother.

You have been provided with these locations by other SFN member. The ball is in your court. Though I doubt your sincerity and suspect that you will not follow through with a museum visit. But just in case you do, "Let the hand waving and denial begin."

quote:

quote:
Your arrogance is clear and your ignorance is safe.

Thanks and so is yours.

Have you ever had an original thought?

Merry Christmas Bill

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  20:20:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Hmmmmm....
quote:

My question/point was and remains why do evolutionist's feel they have a right to force their philosophy down my kids throat at school when other worldviews are not given the time of day?
I discussed your question/point directly, and you never responded. You are instead raging away on off-topic nonsense about transitional fossils and Charles Darwin's 150-year-old ideas. What gives, Bill? The stench of your own hypocrisy too much to bear?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.56 seconds.