Happy New Year
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  16:24:17  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Well...

It's 20 minutes past midnight here in Sweden, so it's time for me to wish you all:

Happy New Year!

The Champange is finished, the fireworks are over, and I'm left with a feeling that this year will be a good one.

Live Long and Prosper!

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.

Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 01/01/2006 10:43:27

Espritch
Skeptic Friend

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  21:15:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Espritch's Homepage Send Espritch a Private Message
Let's see. George Bush is still president. We are still stuck in the Iraq quagmire. The creationists are still trying to push "Intelligent Design" in Kansas. And I`m still not rich, handsome, or famous. So it looks like this year is starting out a lot like the last one.

Oh well. Happy New Year anyway!
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  22:37:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message
That's pretty much what I was going to say...that, and in four months, at most, I'm unemployed again.

Don't you just love us party animals?

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  22:39:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Happy New Year!

The legal fireworks have finished here on the East Coast. The illegal ones will likely go on for some hours, as the culprits run around like idiots trying to avoid the few cops who are more interested in misdemeanor explosives violations than they are in busting drunk drivers.

What a fun night!

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  22:58:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Espritch

Let's see. George Bush is still president. We are still stuck in the Iraq quagmire. The creationists are still trying to push "Intelligent Design" in Kansas. And I`m still not rich, handsome, or famous. So it looks like this year is starting out a lot like the last one.

Thank you Dr. Mabuse, same to you.
It's 10 pm Dec. 31, 2005 right now in Los Angeles so I don't know yet how the New Year will be. But I agree with you though, let's always try and strive for the best.
Looks like so far the other posters are a bit pesimistic. Shame on them.
Hasn't anyone ever heard of positive thinking. It's not really a mystical thing. The right attitude does help.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Norma
CuriousCreations.com
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  23:09:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
Happy New Year from the Central Time zone!

Now I can go to bed :-)

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  01:02:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
California has just rung in the New Year... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  04:29:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
And a happy New Year right back!

I briefly celebrated, at precisly midnight, by putting on ear protection and sticking the severly over-loaded muzzleloader out the door and letting fly with some four feet of flame, smoke, and a roar sufficent to chase away the wretched '05, and cause '06 to approach with due caution.

As what goes up must come down, mostly, in place of a rifle ball, I jammed a short piece of tallow coated, wooden dowel down the pipe. That way, if the projectile landed on someone's roof, or head, no damage was done and no lawsuits will be impending.

I loath champagne.

Wishing all prosperity to everyone in the newly arrived year....

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

ronnywhite
SFN Regular

501 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  08:21:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ronnywhite a Private Message
Happy New Year, I hope you all have a good, or at least a better 06' (was much of the usual last night here in Southern California... had the fireworks, kind of made me paranoid driving home in the wee hours of 06' last night... thought about rolling out to LA for a change earlier on yesterday, decided to avoid all the drunks and overzealous cops and just hang out here in Bakersfieled with the rest of us hillbillies.)

Ron White
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  10:48:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:

Let's see. <snip> So it looks like this year is starting out a lot like the last one.

I guess it was the booze talking. At least this year there's a chance Repukes loose the Congress to the Dems.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  14:02:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
quote:

Hey, just think how little it will take to improve on it.
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  14:03:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
I let my dogs out at midnight to bark their little heads off.
Go to Top of Page

ljbrs
SFN Regular

USA
842 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  20:05:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ljbrs a Private Message
I never venture out on "AMATEUR NIGHT". It would seem that everybody who drives out on New Year's Eve is probably drunk or on their way there, and driving with drunks around is downright frightening.

ljbrs

"Innumerable suns exist; innumerable earths revolve about these suns in a manner similar to the way the seven planets revolve around our sun. Living beings inhabit these worlds."
Giordano Bruno
(Burned at the stake by the Roman Catholic Church Inquisition in 1600)
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  06:46:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
Woo. Last year was quite decent, let's see... ruined my perfect, flawless grades, got a job exactly where I wanted, got surgery done and first steps to walking... yep, 2006 will have a tough time trying to be better than 2005.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  13:54:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

quote:

Let's see. <snip> So it looks like this year is starting out a lot like the last one.

I guess it was the booze talking. At least this year there's a chance Repukes loose the Congress to the Dems.

Dr., Dr., Dr., Please, you started off so well, why ruin it.
Let's not wish for the Democrats to win anything. They've made such a mess already and the Reps are only following in their footsteps.
We need some real change to make things better. I'd start with lowering taxes, getting rid of government wellfare programs and eliminating the drug laws. The latter being thee most important thing to help in solving most of the problems happening here now.
Happy New Year. Let's all work for a better world.
Norma
Edited by - Snake on 01/02/2006 13:59:36
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds.