New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

drmabus
BANNED

128 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  08:19:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send drmabus a Private Message
It seems that God is attacking every SYMBOL of US power......Notice that?
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  08:21:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
My goodness! We're off to a flying start on this one, aren't we?

I would like to see the OP cut down to one or two 'predictions' & 'revelations' just to make the fucker more readable. My attention isn't long enough to take in all that.
quote:

IT IS CALLED DIVINE REVELATION.......

Do tell? Might I ask exactly what you base this statement on?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

drmabus
BANNED

128 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  08:23:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send drmabus a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

My goodness! We're off to a flying start on this one, aren't we?

I would like to see the OP cut down to one or two 'predictions' & 'revelations' just to make the fucker more readable. My attention isn't long enough to take in all that.
quote:

IT IS CALLED DIVINE REVELATION.......

Do tell? Might I ask exactly what you base this statement on?

I will try to make this short, simple, and UNDERSTANDABLE to you folks.....
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  08:25:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by pfretzschner

quote:
I would like for you to give an other example where D.M. can be fit into the context of prophecy....

Dumb Motherf***er?

Dr. Mabuse!

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  08:39:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
For those who have either forgotten or never read the history of Michael d'Nostredame, here, in brief, it is:

quote:
Childhood

Nostredame's claimed birthplace before its recent renovationBorn in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence (see map) in the south of France in December 1503, where his claimed birthplace still exists, Michel de Nostredame was one of at least eight children of Reynière de St-Rémy and grain dealer Jaume de Nostredame, who was also a prosperous home-grown notary. The latter's family had originally been Jewish, but Jaume's father, Guy Gassonet, had converted to Catholicism circa 1455, taking the Christian name 'Pierre' and the surname 'Nostredame' (the latter apparently from the saint's-day on which his conversion was solemnized).[1] In this, he was merely following the example of thousands of others, thanks to increasing official French persecution of Jews, many of whom were the descendants of former refugees from Spain, where they were known as the Marranos. The names of Nostredame's known forebears seem to reflect this. While practice of the ancestral religion was apparently continued in secret, nobody knows whether this applied to Nostredame's family, or whether it still applied to him two generations later.[2] His adult religious leanings suggest, however, that his upbringing was devoutly Catholic.[3]

His known siblings included Delphine, Jehan (c.1507-77), Pierre, Hector, Louis (b.1522), Bertrand, Jean and Antoine (b.1523). [4] [5] [6]

Student years
Little else is known about Nostredame's childhood, although there is a persistent tradition that he was educated by his maternal great-grandfather Jean de St-Rémy[7] – which is vitiated by the equally persistent tradition that the latter died when the child was only one year old.[8} It is known, however, that at the age of fifteen Nostredame entered the University of Avignon to study for his baccalaureate. After little more than a year (when he would have studied the regular Trivium of grammar, rhetoric and logic, rather than the later Quadrivium of geometry, arithmetic, music and astronomy/astrology) he was forced to leave Avignon when the university closed its doors in the face of an outbreak of the plague. In 1529, after some years as an apothecary, he entered the University of Montpellier to study for a doctorate in medicine. He was promptly expelled again shortly afterwards, though, when it was discovered that he had been an apothecary, which was a 'manual' trade expressly banned by the university statutes. The hand-written expulsion document (BIU Montpellier, Register S 2 folio 87)[9] still exists in the faculty library. After his expulsion, Nostredame continued working, presumably as an apothecary (though some of his publishers and correspondents would later call him 'Doctor'), and became famous for creating a "rose pill" that was widely believed (not least by himself) to protect against the plague[10].

It continues on with his troubles with the Church, temporary exile, and so forth. A remarkable man and it is a pity that he didn't stick to medicine. He might have become important for something besides writing astrological gibberish.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Paulos23
Skeptic Friend

USA
446 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  08:52:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Paulos23's Homepage Send Paulos23 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by R.Wreck

Nice postdictions you got there.

Tell me, according to Nostradamus, exactly what is going to happen next. Specific date, location, parties involved, and outcome.

I have to agree. The problem with Nostradamus is that his 'predictions' can be aplied to almost any past event, you just have to stretch the meanings of the words.

You can go wrong by being too skeptical as readily as by being too trusting. -- Robert A. Heinlein

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
Go to Top of Page

drmabus
BANNED

128 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  09:09:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send drmabus a Private Message
Nostradamus is a DIONYSIAN PROPHET.....He is against intellect, civilization, technology......He speaks from the HEART OF THE UNIVERSE AND NATURE not your trivial words......
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  09:33:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
quote:
Nostradamus is a DIONYSIAN PROPHET.....He is against intellect, civilization, technology......He speaks from the HEART OF THE UNIVERSE AND NATURE not your trivial words......

Well.... Gee.... Thanks for clearing that up.

Possibly you could write IN OUR OWN WORDS, using more than 1 line, what exactly your point is.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  09:37:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
quote:
It seems that God is attacking every SYMBOL of US power......Notice that?

No.

I thought the US (Bush) was attacking others.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  09:37:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by drmabus

Ya know, if I snort enough coke, that makes sense.

Perhaps you didn't read the name of this place. It is the Skeptic Friends Network. You'll have to excuse us from approaching your claims with a request for sources and evidence. We don't take anyones claims at face value.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  09:37:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:

And at the end of his life, he was just another horoscope-caster to the wealthy. A pity, really, that he is not well known for the work he did during the plague. It far exceeds his over-lauded prognostications.

What exactly, do you base your above statement on?

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

drmabus
BANNED

128 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  09:44:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send drmabus a Private Message
quote:

quote:

And at the end of his life, he was just another horoscope-caster to the wealthy. A pity, really, that he is not well known for the work he did during the plague. It far exceeds his over-lauded prognostications.

Read the Bacchae by Euripides.....If you want to have a clue to what is going on here......
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  09:51:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:

Read the Bacchae by Euripides.....If you want to have a clue to what is going on here......

Please post a link and perhaps an exerpt. It is not common practice here to send someone hunting all over the web for your referesces. You must provide tham.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

drmabus
BANNED

128 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  09:56:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send drmabus a Private Message
http://www.mala.bc.ca/~Johnstoi/euripides/euripides.htm
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  11:19:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:

actually that blog is just my notes, first of all.
That is not evident neither in your profile here at SFN nor at the blog-site from which the text is copied.
Other members has also been prompted to provide links and minimizing the quoted material, even though the original material was theirs. THoR was the most recent member.

More material is also found at http://www.weirdassshit.com/comments.php?aid=1069
The owner of that material is unknown, since it's listed as posted by Anonymous.
The great variation of formatting throughout the blog/post suggests that the text is copied from several sources, which again calls copyright into question.
Fair use grants you quoting a few paragraphs. I couldn't care less where the stuff on the blog-site comes from, but here at SFN you have to abide by our rules.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds.