Atheist Church Mad TV Sketch
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2006 :  22:26:17  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message
This is hilarious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alLkRcQcwk0&search=atheist

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Ghost_Skeptic
SFN Regular

Canada
510 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  00:23:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ghost_Skeptic a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by marfknox

This is hilarious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alLkRcQcwk0&search=atheist

It is indeed - It makes fun of atheists and christians.

Is this video an example of what you do as an ordained atheist minister Marf?

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. / You can send a kid to college but you can't make him think." - B.B. King

History is made by stupid people - The Arrogant Worms

"The greater the ignorance the greater the dogmatism." - William Osler

"Religion is the natural home of the psychopath" - Pat Condell

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter" - Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  05:21:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message
Ghost wrote:
quote:
It is indeed - It makes fun of atheists and christians.
See, but the truly hilarious part for me was the first part with the guy singing the atheist song with the kids because it looks like it could be a spoof on what some atheist groups are really like. When I was a counselor at Camp Quest we did sing freethought songs with kids, and at my Ohio's group's solstice banquet we had Dan Barker (who used to be a fundy and used to write Christian sing-a-longs) perform some of his songs such as "Nothing Fails Like Prayer". I wonder if the Mad TV people realized how close to the real deal they were with that first section.

quote:
Is this video an example of what you do as an ordained atheist minister Marf?
No, but maybe I should? ;-)

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  11:45:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
That was funny. Thanks, Marf. I like that site. Seems like all the skits you hear about but missed are posted there.
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  15:33:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
quote:
Dan Barker (who used to be a fundy and used to write Christian sing-a-longs)

Funny story. I knew one of my Christian friends was going to make me a Christmas song cd for Christmas. So I got "Beware of Dogma" by Dan Barker for her in turn. As luck would have it, I winded up with the cd, and it has some pretty good songs on it. I was rather impressed.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  16:31:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message
Ricky wrote:
quote:
As luck would have it, I winded up with the cd, and it has some pretty good songs on it. I was rather impressed.
Ah, yes, embrace the cheesiness.

But Dan's a hoot in a live performance. Fun guy.

Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  16:37:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message
I dig that long-held note! So....inspirrational!

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  17:26:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vra6L5bWtc4&search=jesus%20terminator%20mad

Better check this one out, from the same site. It's the Terminator and Jesus. Hilarious, especially the last supper/Judas scene. I recalled seeing this a few years ago on Mad TV. Did a search on site and found it. Sweet Jesus!

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  18:46:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
One of my faves from MadTV.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2006 :  20:01:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DOuudbZBgQ&search=mad%20tv
What a riot!....Mad TV's -- Pax presents The Sopranoes

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2006 :  04:35:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

One of my faves from MadTV.

Being a closet fan of both Steven Segal and David Carradine (yes, I did watch many of the Kung Fu episodes, though many years ago ) I love this clip.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.