Who Was You?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2006 :  15:27:57  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message
Our local paper ran a little tongue-in-cheek review of this goofy website:

http://thebigview.com/pastlife/

Just put in your birthdate and get back a description of your past life.

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2006 :  15:29:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
quote:
Your past life diagnosis:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know how you feel about it, but you were female in your last earthly incarnation.
You were born somewhere in the territory of modern North New Zealand around the year 375.
Your profession was that of a artist, magician or fortune teller.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your brief psychological profile in your past life:
As a natural talent in psychology, you knew how to use your opportunities. Cold-blooded and calm in any situation.
The lesson that your last past life brought to your present incarnation:
Your task is to learn, to love and to trust the universe. You are bound to think, study, reflect, and to develop inner wisdom.
Do you remember now?

Ummmm...no.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2006 :  16:38:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
This is fun. What a relief for those of us who make lousy hypnotic subjects, and thus can't do past life regressions that way.
quote:
I don't know how you feel about it, but you were male in your last earthly incarnation.
Same old same-old.
quote:
You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Hungary around the year 1775.
Your profession was that of a philosopher and thinker.
Shit. So I was poor last time, too.
quote:
Timid, constrained, quiet person. You had creative talents, which waited until this life to be liberated. Sometimes your environment considered you strange.
Now it's the other way round.
quote:
Your main lesson is to develop magnanimity and a feeling of brotherhood. Try to become less adhered to material property and learn to take only as much, as you can give back. Do you remember now?
Sadly, it's all come back to me at last.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 05/11/2006 16:40:01
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2006 :  17:18:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message
quote:
I don't know how you feel about it, but you were female in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere in the territory of modern USA South-Center around the year 650.

OK, so I was an Indian then too, only hotter looking.
quote:
Your profession was that of a warrior, hunter, fisherman or executor of sacrifices.

I was Zena?
quote:
You always liked to travel and to investigate. You could have been a detective or a spy.

I knew the Mayan trade routes and probably invented the stone-age bicycle. Later, one of my offspring settles in San Francisco and their offspring became Sam Spade.
quote:
You should develop self-love and ability to implant hope into hearts of people. Ambition is not everything. True wealth is buried in your soul.

In other words, masturbate and keep the money in your moccasin. Seems like sound advice to me. (The encouragement that ambition need not be valued is just the Whiteman's misperception of the nature-sensitive Indian concept being "on time" according to the Sun and Moon.)

Go to Top of Page

dglas
Skeptic Friend

Canada
397 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2006 :  19:52:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send dglas a Private Message
quote:

Your past life diagnosis: I don't know how you feel about it, but you were female in your last earthly incarnation.
You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Jugoslavia around the year 750.
Your profession was that of a entertainer, musician, poet or temple-dancer.Your brief psychological profile in your past life:
You were a sane, practical person, a materialist with no spiritual consciousness. Your simple wisdom helped the weaker and the poor.The lesson that your last past life brought to your present incarnation:
Your lesson is to conquer jealousy and anger in yourself and then in those who will select you as their guide. You should understand that these weaknesses are caused by fear and self-regret. Do you remember now?

How I feel about it? Well, kinda jealous of the attention I would have gotten as a female and angry that I remember none of it.
Temple dancer? Hot damn!
I'm glad I was sane though - back then. Sane is a good thing. Isn't it?
See? Lack of spiritual conciousness and dirty materialism passes on with...um...your ... uh.... nevermind.

--------------------------------------------------
- dglas (In the hell of 1000 unresolved subplots...)
The Presupposition of Intrinsic Evil
+ A Self-Justificatory Framework
= The "Heart of Darkness"
Edited by - dglas on 05/11/2006 19:54:18
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2006 :  20:06:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:

I don't know how you feel about it, but you were female in your last earthly incarnation.

You were born somewhere in the territory of modern New Guinea around the year 725.

Your profession was that of a builder of houses, temples and cathedrals.

You had the mind of a scientist, always seeking new explanations. Your environment often misunderstood you, but respected your knowledge.

Your lesson is to study, to practice and to use the wisdom that lies within the psychological sciences and in ancient manuscripts. With strong faith and hard work you will reach your real destiny in your present life.

Do you remember now?

So basically I was the same person I am now only I was female and I didn't have any power tools. All these years and all I get is a lateral move, lifewise speaking. What's a guy…erm…a girl have to do?

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2006 :  20:45:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Portugal around the year 1575.
Your profession was that of a sailor or shoemaker.
Inquisitive, inventive, you liked to get to the very bottom of things and to rummage in books. Talent for drama, natural born actor.
The world is full of ill and lonely people. You should help those, who are less fortunate than you are.
Do you remember now?

Hmmm. Female in the turn of the 17th century, how fat is the chance I'd be a sailor? Ok, so by deduction, I was a shoemaker.
Shoemakers in the turn of the 17th century weren't know to be able to read, so when I was rummaging through books, I mostly looked at pictured pretending to know how to read. Since I was a natural born actor, people in my surroundings probably thought I really could read.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Ghost_Skeptic
SFN Regular

Canada
510 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2006 :  23:33:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ghost_Skeptic a Private Message
quote:
You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Romania around the year 1850.
Your profession was that of a philosopher and thinker.
Timid, constrained, quiet person. You had creative talents, which waited until this life to be liberated. Sometimes your environment considered you strange.
It always seemed to you that your perceptions of the world are somewhat different. Your lesson is to trust your intuition as your best guide in your present life.
Do you remember now?

No - I don't remember
I wonder how many oppurtuniies their were for a woman to earn a living as a philospher in mid 19th Century Romania.

I notice that my profession and psychological profile are the same as Half Mooner. I didn't take us too many tries to get a repeat.

I will bet no one's past life profession was ever shoveling in a stable.

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. / You can send a kid to college but you can't make him think." - B.B. King

History is made by stupid people - The Arrogant Worms

"The greater the ignorance the greater the dogmatism." - William Osler

"Religion is the natural home of the psychopath" - Pat Condell

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter" - Thomas Jefferson
Edited by - Ghost_Skeptic on 05/11/2006 23:36:01
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2006 :  10:14:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
Great! This is just craptacular. Im some magic obsessed witchdoctor.
quote:
I don't know how you feel about it, but you were male in your last earthly incarnation.
You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Phillippines around the year 1850.
Your profession was that of a medic, surgeon or herbalist.
Ruthless character, carefully weighing his decisions in critical situations, with excellent self-control and strong will. Such people are generally liked, but not always loved.
Magic is everywhere around you, even in the most usual, most ordinary situations. Your lesson is to understand this magic and to help other people to see it, too. You are a magician!

Its good to know that everyone born on the same day has the same past lives as me.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.