Overwhelming Ohio election fraud goes unnoticed
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  11:09:07  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
The following report came out a year and a half ago but I'm bringing it up here now because the news media has completely ignored the story and the November elections will soon be coming up.

During the 2000 elections there were similar events in Florida. I'm not even talking about the chads and recounting which was a separate and likely serendipitous event. I'm talking about the purging of voter registration roles and not sending out absentee ballots in time which successfully eliminated a large number of specifically targeted Democratic voters. In 2004 having gotten better at the techniques, the Republican campaign chairman who also happened to be in charge of running Ohio elections took it 10 steps further.

(Note to admin: I am posting the whole summary assuming the report writers want the information to be disseminated.)

Preserving Democracy:
What Went Wrong in Ohio
Status Report of the House Judiciary Committee Democratic Staff
Wednesday 05 January 2005

quote:
First, in the run up to election day, the following actions by Mr. Blackwell, the Republican Party and election officials disenfranchised hundreds of thousands of Ohio citizens, predominantly minority and Democratic voters:

* The misallocation of voting machines led to unprecedented long lines that disenfranchised scores, if not hundreds of thousands, of predominantly minority and Democratic voters.
This was illustrated by the fact that the Washington Post reported that in Franklin County, "27 of the 30 wards with the most machines per registered voter showed majorities for Bush. At the other end of the spectrum, six of the seven wards with the fewest machines delivered large margins for Kerry." (See Powell and Slevin, supra). Among other things, the conscious failure to provide sufficient voting machinery violates the Ohio Revised Code which requires the Boards of Elections to "provide adequate facilities at each polling place for conducting the election."
* Mr. Blackwell's decision to restrict provisional ballots resulted in the disenfranchisement of tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of voters, again predominantly minority and Democratic voters. Mr. Blackwell's decision departed from past Ohio law on provisional ballots, and there is no evidence that a broader construction would have led to any significant disruption at the polling places, and did not do so in other states.
* Mr. Blackwell's widely reviled decision to reject voter registration applications based on paper weight may have resulted in thousands of new voters not being registered in time for the 2004 election.
* The Ohio Republican Party's decision to engage in preelection "caging" tactics, selectively targeting 35,000 predominantly minority voters for intimidation had a negative impact on voter turnout. The Third Circuit found these activities to be illegal and in direct violation of consent decrees barring the Republican Party from targeting minority voters for poll challenges.
* The Ohio Republican Party's decision to utilize thousands of partisan challengers concentrated in minority and Democratic areas likely disenfranchised tens of thousands of legal voters, who were not only intimidated, but became discouraged by the long lines. Shockingly, these disruptions were publicly predicted and acknowledged by Republican officials: Mark Weaver, a lawyer for the Ohio Republican Party, admitted the challenges "can't help but create chaos, longer lines and frustration."
* Mr. Blackwell's decision to prevent voters who requested absentee ballots but did not receive them on a timely basis from being able to receive provisional ballots 6 likely disenfranchised thousands, if not tens of thousands, of voters, particularly seniors. A federal court found Mr. Blackwell's order to be illegal and in violation of HAVA.[after it was too late for the affected people to vote]

Second, on election day, there were numerous unexplained anomalies and irregularities involving hundreds of thousands of votes that have yet to be accounted for:

* There were widespread instances of intimidation and misinformation in violation of the Voting Rights Act, the Civil Rights Act of 1968, Equal Protection, Due Process and the Ohio right to vote.
Mr. Blackwell's apparent failure to institute a single investigation into these many serious allegations represents a violation of his statutory duty under Ohio law to investigate election irregularities.
* We learned of improper purging and other registration errors by election officials that likely disenfranchised tens of thousands of voters statewide. The Greater Cleveland Voter Registration Coalition projects that in Cuyahoga County alone over 10,000 Ohio citizens lost their right to vote as a result of official registration errors.
* There were 93,000 spoiled ballots where no vote was cast for president, the vast majority of which have yet to be inspected. The problem was particularly acute in two precincts in Montgomery County which had an undervote rate of over 25% each - accounting for nearly 6,000 voters who stood in line to vote, but purportedly declined to vote for president.
* There were numerous, significant unexplained irregularities in other counties throughout the state: (i) in Mahoning county at least 25 electronic machines transferred an unknown number of Kerry votes to the Bush column; (ii) Warren County locked out public observers from vote counting citing an FBI warning about a potential terrorist threat, yet the FBI states that it issued no such warning; (iii) the voting records of Perry county show significantly more votes than voters in some precincts, significantly less ballots than voters in other precincts, and voters casting more than one ballot; (iv) in Butler county a down ballot and underfunded Democratic State Supreme Court candidate implausibly received more votes than the best funded Democratic Presidential candidate in history; (v) in Cuyahoga county, poll worker error may have led to little known thirdparty candidates receiving twenty times more votes than such candidates had ever received in otherwise reliably Democratic leaning areas; (vi) in Miami county, voter turnout was an improbable and highly suspect 98.55 percent, and after 100 percent of the precincts were reported, an additional 19,000 extra votes were recorded for President Bush.

Third, in the post-election period we learned of numerous irregularities in tallying provisional ballots and conducting and completing the recount that disenfanchised thousands of voters
and call the entire recount procedure into question (as of this date the recount is still not complete):

* Mr. Blackwell's failure to articulate clear and consistent standards for the counting of provisional ballots resulted in the loss of thousands of predominantly minority votes. In Cuyahoga County alone, the lack of guidance and the ultimate narrow and arbitrary review standards significantly contributed to the fact that 8,099 out of 24,472 provisional ballots were ruled invalid, the highest proportion in the state.
* Mr. Blackwell's failure to issue specific standards for the recount contributed to a lack of uniformity in violation of both the Due Process Clause and the Equal Protection Clauses. We found innumerable irregularities in the recount in violation of Ohio law, including (i) counties which did not randomly select the precinct samples; (ii) counties which did not conduct a full hand court after the 3% hand and machine counts did not match; (iii) counties which allowed for irregular marking of ballots and failed to secure and store ballots and machinery; and (iv) counties which prevented witnesses for candidates from observing the various aspects of the recount.
* The voting computer company Triad has essentially admitted that it engaged in a course of behavior during the recount in numerous counties to provide "cheat sheets" to those counting the ballots. The cheat sheets informed election officials how many votes they should find for each candidate, and how many over and under votes they should calculate to match the machine count. In that way, they could avoid doing a full county-wide hand recount mandated by state law.

You can download Full PDF Document, Size: 3.22 MB, 102 Pages, from a link on the page and review the details for yourself.

Anyone who still spouts that BS mantra, "Bush won, get over it", is a complete ass. We currently do not have anything close to a true Democracy and if those favoring the current system think that's OK because their guy is in power deserve the corruption and massive foreign debt that is increasing under the system of an unelected government. Unless you are one of the small percent of the wealthy that is benefitting, and you are in support of what is going on, you are an idiot.

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  12:05:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Bits and pieces of that have been kicking around the blogs for quite a while. Like FL, Ohio was an armpit then and remains one today.
quote:
COLUMBUS (AP) -- Forty-nine of the 85 people who this year have given Ohio secretary of state Kenneth Blackwell the maximum $10,000 allowed an individual donor have done so since May 2. Members of Cincinnati financier Carl Lindner's family led the way by combining for $90,000. The maximum-donor list also includes Mitch Given, who is a registered lobbyist for Diebold Election Systems, one of the vendors of voting machines for election boards in Ohio.

Blackwell's office approved Diebold's selection as a vendor and negotiated the price for the machines, although the counties chose the machines.

Nobody seems to care, though..... Shitheads!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  17:40:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Outrageous! Thanks for the info, B!

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  19:22:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
There is a slow but steady drum roll going on over this. I'm hoping it gets loud enough for the news media to take the hint that people do want to know. I think after Florida the Republicans managed to get their talking point out that the public didn't want a sour grapes fight from Gore. It was another successful campaign by Rove if you want my opinion.
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2006 :  01:26:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
Nobody in the media cared after 2000 in FL, and nobody cares after 2004 in Ohio.

It isn't news anymore unless you can turn it into Jerry Springer, get two opposite extreme sides to come on TV and argue.

Nothing else gets the ratings, and without ratings you don't get ad revenue. No ad revenue, no show.

Its a simple formula, really.

To bad it allows a perversion of many of the principles this country was founded on.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2006 :  02:00:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by beskeptigal

There is a slow but steady drum roll going on over this. I'm hoping it gets loud enough for the news media to take the hint that people do want to know. I think after Florida the Republicans managed to get their talking point out that the public didn't want a sour grapes fight from Gore. It was another successful campaign by Rove if you want my opinion.

Karl Rove.... the cockroach in the bathroom that you can't ever seem to kill no matter how hard you try to squash it.

At the risk of being accused of hijacking, again, here, for those who might not be very knowlegable about the son-of-a-Nazi is the Rotten Library's profile on this vicious, little piece of shit:
quote:
It's hard to imagine how Karl Rove's appearance could fit his role any more perfectly than it does.
Portly, balding, malicious, simpering, he looks like a cross between Sesame Street's Mr. Hooper and the Third Reich's Heinrich Himmler. And he acts like a cross between Heinrich Himmler and Henry Kissinger. Whom he also looks like. And not in a good way.

Oh yeah, he's a man who compromised national security, putting lives of American agents in danger. Wait, I forgot a word there. What was it? Oh, I remember! Allegedly.

Rove is an old-school political operator who would have been right at home working on Huey Long's campaign. Of course, Long did a lot of good things for his constituents, to offset the sleaze and corruption. Rove's protege, George W Bush, has a ways to go in that regard.

Rove was a "Young Republican" back when being a Young Republican wasn't cool (a historical era ranging from 1959 through the present). As a student at the prestigious University of Utah, Rove (who still had hair at the time) teamed up with a young Lee Atwater to seize control of the College Republicans political club in the early 1970s.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 06/11/2006 02:17:35
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2006 :  12:52:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
What a weird library, filthy. I wanted to see if they mentioned vaccine myths on the autism page and found this:
quote:
The Internet as we know it is more of a puddle than a massive, unwieldy universe. Online portals like Orkut, Friendster, Tribe.Net, MySpace, Nerve, and Craigslist which foster the illusion of value by belonging to privatized, incestuous "communities" are inbreeding a new generation of individuals with genetic markings nearly identical to those of autism -- and its lesser cousin Asperger's.
They are saying autism is caused by inbreeding and the people who meet Online are too closely related while those who meet in bars are not. Huh?

As to the old news issue on the election fraud, the reason I bring up the topic now is there is indeed a steady drum roll not only smoldering but perhaps beginning to grow wings.

Edited by - beskeptigal on 06/11/2006 12:54:46
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2006 :  13:12:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by beskeptigal

What a weird library, filthy. I wanted to see if they mentioned vaccine myths on the autism page and found this:
quote:
The Internet as we know it is more of a puddle than a massive, unwieldy universe. Online portals like Orkut, Friendster, Tribe.Net, MySpace, Nerve, and Craigslist which foster the illusion of value by belonging to privatized, incestuous "communities" are inbreeding a new generation of individuals with genetic markings nearly identical to those of autism -- and its lesser cousin Asperger's.
They are saying autism is caused by inbreeding and the people who meet Online are too closely related while those who meet in bars are not. Huh?

As to the old news issue on the election fraud, the reason I bring up the topic now is there is indeed a steady drum roll not only smoldering but perhaps beginning to grow wings.

Isn't it, though.... I use it quite a bit, but it's one of those that I cross reference. It is, after all, complied with the man-in-the-street in mind and I always feel that those might be lacking a little. Still, it's a pretty good and quite interesting resource.
quote:

Yes, yes. I agree. I am waiting with great anticipation, but what's to do if the voters remain apathetic?

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  05:17:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
Rolling Stone :: * Was the 2004 Election Stolen?, by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., June 1, 2006.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  09:41:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Starman

Rolling Stone :: * Was the 2004 Election Stolen?, by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., June 1, 2006.

Good article. You beat me to this one...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  10:40:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Starman

It is also clear from this article that Ohio's Secretary of State, Ken Blackwell* should be in jail for election fraud. Blackwell is clearly a criminal.

*Who - the Columbus Dispatch reports, "owned stock [83 shares, down from 178 shares purchased in January 2005] in Diebold."

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2006 :  03:09:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
Isn't this what you have the 2nd amendment for anyway?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.