Well, its a UFO to him...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  17:38:16  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message
Warning - strong language:

This won't appeal to everybody but it just made me laugh. If you have a bit of understanding of aviation history, you'll recognize immediately a Northrop B2 bomber. They can be rarely spotted occasionally if near an airbase. Apparently, someone out somewhere had a video camera and caught a B2 banking and flying overhead.

Not knowing what it was, (it's a flying wing and looks like something out of Star Wars, only for real,) he can't stop yelling "What the f*** is that?!" Near the end someone else appropriately yells; "Freak Out!"

Anyway, I found it hilarious. The comments of other views are funny too. I especially like "Didn't Yankees know their own superweapons?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMQBnfQrJh4&mode=related&search=

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  18:16:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
What an idiot! Don't kids these days make model airplanes anymore? I always bought the weirdest ones I could find. I had one of the Pogostick, and one of the Sea Dart, for instance. The B2 would have been hanging over my bed on a string.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  18:59:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
It's a bird! It's a plane! Oh, it is a plane...

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  19:19:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
One guy not knowing what it was is funny. No one in the video knowing what it was, including the first poster in the comments section, is just sad.

The idiots have us greatly outnumbered.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 07/08/2006 19:20:29
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  19:26:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
Deeper in the comments section I found this gem of an exchange:

quote:
bagzie (2 months ago)
You guys are all wrong. It's a weather balloon. Thats all it is. A weather balloon.
quote:
MatthewVengence (1 week ago) HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS A WEATHER BALLOON? ROFL!!!!! YOU SOUND LIKE THE GOVERMENT. THATS NOT A UFO ITS A WEATHER BALLOON! omg how dumb can u be? a wether balloon. you think a plane shaped like that, sounds like that, and goes that fast is a ballon. dude are you above the infulence? are you on crack? are you a heavy drinker or have problems with drugs. i feel sad for you.
quote:
bagzie (1 week ago)
Man, I was being sarcastic...making fun of the Government and the bullshit they come up with. THEY must think we are all fucking stupid, and lets face it, half of the people in this country are fucking stupid.
quote:
MatthewVengence (4 days ago)
oh sorry man. i thought you were one of those skeptics. sorry.

I repeat: greatly outnumbered.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 07/08/2006 19:27:59
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  20:03:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

What an idiot! Don't kids these days make model airplanes anymore? I always bought the weirdest ones I could find. I had one of the Pogostick, and one of the Sea Dart, for instance. The B2 would have been hanging over my bed on a string.
Yup. I built the Sea Dart too, and by the time I was about 13, after making all the famous planes (P51, Spitfire, Me 109, F 86, Sopwith Camel, etc. etc,) I got the William Green books, and had to build things like the XB 35 Flying Wing or the Amiot 143, a French bomber that was about as aerodynamic as an apartment building, but I digress.

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  20:31:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message
This guy obviously has had his head stuck in the sand. But, on the other hand....to give the poor sap the benefit of a doubt -- I don't see a date on the video. Could be this video is dated back when the beast was first flying. If so, I/we could be commenting the same.
Is is me or what...viewing this video, first impression makes me feel it's recent. Don't ask me why.

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Edited by - Randy on 07/08/2006 20:32:42
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  23:00:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
Actually, reading the comments, the guy screaming in the video passes his freak-out off on there being a few dozen people around him freaking out, and he goes on to say that he did go and find out just what kind of plane it is. Since he's not American, I'd forgive him for not knowing right away, too. But it seems to me that right now, he's busy laughing at everyone who's posting comments on YouTube (the latest being three hours ago) telling him that he is an idiot, when his own comments from two months back clear up the whole situation.

He's laughing especially hard at the folks who are posting comments like, "That's an F-15 u n00b!" I would be, too.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2006 :  00:35:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

...He's laughing especially hard at the folks who are posting comments like, "That's an F-15 u n00b!" I would be, too.

Yeah, I have nothing against the guy. I just find his reaction on the video to be very funny. If I saw something that was (to me) totally alien, flying through the sky, I might react similarly.

Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2006 :  05:33:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message
Did I just read at YouTube this was taped at a church picnic?
Ha...just kidding.

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.