Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2006 :  13:17:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
quote:
I know I will get blasted for this but here it goes. These men are doing nothing illegal.

Blasted? For that? I completely agree.

But it's not a question of legallity. They are taking advantage of younge women. If I found a woman stupid enough to give me all of her money, even though it's legal, I'm still taking advantage of her. And it's the same with drunk and nudity, at least in my opinion.

And I can't say I don't like it or cringe when the commericals come on. But I agree, it is wrong, and the guy is a scumbag.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Robb
SFN Regular

USA
1223 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2006 :  13:34:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Robb a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ricky

quote:
I know I will get blasted for this but here it goes. These men are doing nothing illegal.

Blasted? For that? I completely agree.

But it's not a question of legallity. They are taking advantage of younge women. If I found a woman stupid enough to give me all of her money, even though it's legal, I'm still taking advantage of her. And it's the same with drunk and nudity, at least in my opinion.
I agree you would be taking advantage of her. The difference I see is that intelligence is something you cannot control. If the woman you described was drunk and gave you her money because of it she is in some way culpable in the situation just as I think these women in the girls gone wild movies are culpable for their actions as well. If he took naked pictures of retarded women then he would be responsible for the act and be taking full advantage of the women.

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. - George Washington
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.