New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2006 :  15:54:41  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
Did Karl Rove have his new office (Hillary's old office) exorcised? Some think he did:

quote:
A conservative Catholic activist quoted in a new Rove biography says the political guru never authorized a ceremony to purge Clinton's liberal demons from his office, as the authors claim.

Rove also denies the story.

"Hillary, Rove joked, was a reason the place needed to be purged of evil spirits," write James Moore and Wayne Slater in "The Architect: Karl Rove and the Master Plan for Absolute Power."

"That's why he invited his ... right-hand man for Catholic outreach in the 2000 presidential campaign, to arrange a Catholic blessing."

Deal Hudson -- the aforementioned "right-hand man" -- acknowledges he ushered a suburban Virginia priest into Rove's office but says Rove never even joked about expelling Clinton's spirit: His host simply wanted his work space blessed.

"It certainly came up that it was Hillary Clinton's office, but Karl didn't joke that way to me," said Hudson, who spoke with the authors two years ago. "It was a sober 5- to 10-minute ceremony ... the fact that Karl Rove was in Hillary Clinton's office was definitely not the reason for it."

Slater said Hudson was backtracking. "A formal exorcism didn't happen, that's true," Slater said. "But it was a real religious ceremony. Rove made more than a passing reference to Hillary Clinton. They talked about the fact, in a joking way, that this had been her office and Hillary was still in there."

Slater and Hudson both say they're stumped over why Rove, known to be agnostic, wanted any blessing at all.

"I was surprised, yes," said Hudson. "But remember this was shortly after the hanging chads in Florida. ... There was a lot of praying going on during that recount."

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2006 :  16:48:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
I heard this recently too. I kinda hope its a prank because its time we played some of the dirty tricks. Who knows though, Nancy Reagan did indeed have a personal astrologer.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2006 :  20:17:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
I don't know about this purported "exorcism," but I do recommend that President Gore order a thorough and scientific job of cleaning and disinfecting the entire White House immediately when he takes office in January of 2009. Something very rotten, and probably infectious, is presently stinking up that place.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2006 :  02:48:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Snopes doesn't seem to have anything on it. Possibly, we are witnessing the birth of yet another urban legend.

Fuck exorsims. I think we ought to purge the vermin, burn the building, then start over from scratch. This infection is worse than pnumonic Yersina pestis in an over-crowded lazeretto.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Original_Intent
SFN Regular

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2006 :  14:30:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Original_Intent a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by beskeptigal

I heard this recently too. I kinda hope its a prank because its time we played some of the dirty tricks........

Yeah, that's it. You can't beat them with honesty. Oh, wait a second, it never was tried.

So, sink down even lower, then whine if you loose because you can't cheat as well?

Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Peace
Joe
Go to Top of Page

Original_Intent
SFN Regular

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2006 :  14:33:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Original_Intent a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

I don't know about this purported "exorcism," but I do recommend that President Gore order a thorough and scientific job of cleaning and disinfecting the entire White House immediately when he takes office in January of 2009. Something very rotten, and probably infectious, is presently stinking up that place.

No, 1% of the Federal budget for Bush's first term was for "bio-nuking" the White House after Clinton. So Gore dosen't have to worry about disease when he is visiting, becasue the man would be a two-time loser.

Peace
Joe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.