Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Creation/Evolution
 Large Bones Found!!! Creation Proved True!!!!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2006 :  22:46:58  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Lagoon/1345/giants.html

Large skeleton's uncovered.

If you could gaze upon large skeletons resembling the antediluvians taught about in the bible. Would you evolutionists believe in the bible? What would it take to get you to reexamine you're believe that the world, humans, and every living creature created themselves out of nothing and perpetuate their existence by doing nothing, other than care for themselves?

There are an estimated 75,000 written stories about a world wide flood, 4 of which are major civilizations!

I say, it's hard to reason with a secular 'New Age' Humanist on such matters! But we all love each other. I love all of you!!!!

What came first the chicken or the egg?

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

There are no atheists in foxholes

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

II Thess. 2:11 And for this cause God shall
send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

You can not see the 'wind', but you can see its effect!!!!

Evolution was caused by genetic mistakes at each stage?

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

We have not seen such moral darkness since the dark ages, coencides with
teaching evolution in schools. (Moral darkness)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2006 :  23:01:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
verlch, good for a laugh and little else, as usual.

quote:
There are an estimated 75,000 written stories about a world wide flood, 4 of which are major civilizations!

There are 147,846 books that deal with "aliens" available for purchase on Amazon. So aliens must be more real than your flood myth.

You only come here when you are off your meds, don't you? You should leave us a contact number for your physician so we can give him/her(forgot, you hate women) a call when you start posting.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2006 :  23:07:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
Verlch, most of those "giant" skeletons are in the 7' range. Are you claiming the existence of the NBA is somehow proof of Biblical Creation?

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2006 :  23:36:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
Most telling, there are no skeletons to examine just hearsay.

I have no doubt that remains from unusually large individuals sometimes have been found but without the actual remains or a proper study I'll take any length claim with a grain of salt.
quote:
If you could gaze upon large skeletons resembling the antediluvians taught about in the bible. Would you evolutionists believe in the bible?
No that's not enough, see H. Humbert reply.

"Any religion that makes a form of torture into an icon that they worship seems to me a pretty sick sort of religion quite honestly"
-- Terry Jones
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  00:40:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
That's fascinating, and quite remarkable! But just which four major civilizations are flood stories? (I've never achieved anything so grand with my own fiction, though once a short story turned into a small band of hunter-gatherers, and wandered off into the Mohave Desert.)

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  00:40:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Starman

Most telling, there are no skeletons to examine just hearsay.

Aw, too bad, since Verlch's entire offer stemmed from the premise that we might gaze upon the bones of giants. I think even he knows folktales aren't particularly persuasive to anyone who passed the 8th grade.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  01:24:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by verlch

http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Lagoon/1345/giants.html

Large skeleton's uncovered.

If you could gaze upon large skeletons resembling the antediluvians taught about in the bible. Would you evolutionists believe in the bible? What would it take to get you to reexamine you're believe that the world, humans, and every living creature created themselves out of nothing and perpetuate their existence by doing nothing, other than care for themselves?

I say, it's hard to reason with a secular 'New Age' Humanist on such matters! But we all love each other. I love all of you!!!!

You're a good sport to put up with all the insults. I may be mistaken but I would remind our friends that I don't recall you insult people back. Good for you.

Now, about that evidence, herein lies your problem.

First, short of a god showing up and providing irrefutable proof or the Rapture or something, any single piece of evidence would just not be magically convincing of much of anything, let alone that the Bible was more than a human creation.

Second, I believe there are a number of things in the Bible which may be verifiable. That isn't evidence any gods played a role in writing the Bible.

Third, the Bible includes no knowledge the men who wrote it would have needed a god to have known about. If a god wanted to inspire or write a book such as the Bible, the best evidence that could have been, but wasn't included, would have been accurate stories about things the men writing it couldn't have known about unless they had some input other than their own history and experiences from the world they lived in.

So if there could have been but wasn't any evidence already in the Bible, why would a god who wrote or inspired that Bible bother revealing evidence now?

Edited by - beskeptigal on 09/29/2006 01:25:25
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  01:36:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Hey V! Welcome back!

Y'know, I was thinking of you just last evening and lo & behold, here you are....

Unfortunatly, that is not enough to prove my awesome psyhic powers.

I note that most of these skeleton stories are from the late 1800s and are from newspapers, not scientific studies. I fail to see how these prove, or even support creation, even if true.

I took the time to follow one of the links, the one concerning the 6'8'' skeleton of a woman, in the article and found it to be a little on the woo-woo side, and with more advertizing than the 'Vegas Strip. It was not convincing to me, but, I'll leave it for others to judge.

Kind of a fun read, though......

Good to see ya back, bro!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  05:20:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
The title of this thread looks like a headline off the Weekly World News.

6' 8" woman? Unheard of...

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Edited by - pleco on 09/29/2006 05:22:08
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  07:10:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by beskeptigal

You're a good sport to put up with all the insults. I may be mistaken but I would remind our friends that I don't recall you insult people back. Good for you.
Take a look at verlch's signature. No, he doesn't use harsh language, but he intentionally insults people he doesn't agree with all the time.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  07:12:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by pleco

The title of this thread looks like a headline off the Weekly World News.

6' 8" woman? Unheard of...

I checked that one out because it was certainly possible that such was indeed found.

But anything 7.5 feet or over, especally from the 19th century or earlier, is an "I gotta see it!" It's not all that common today, and we are a fair amount taller than our ancestors.

Anyhow, none of them is the Nephilm(sp?).

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  07:27:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by verlch...

What would it take to get you to reexamine you're believe that the world, humans, and every living creature created themselves out of nothing and perpetuate their existence by doing nothing, other than care for themselves?
By making such a comment it seems reasonably certain that you misunderstand even the basic premise of the theory of evolution, verlch. Without that understanding, it's highly unlikely that you could have much of a handle on the mechanics of it. Maybe if you would learn a bit about it you could come in here and actually engage in a rational discussion on the subject. You might start with the FAQ at the Talk.Origins Archive.*
quote:
I say, it's hard to reason with a secular 'New Age' Humanist on such matters!
And I say, in scientific matters, it's hard to reason with one who is ignorant of the subject under discussion and/or who displays little or no understanding of how the process of science works. Go study up, verlch. Your lack of understanding the science of evolution does not constitute evidence that the science is invalid, nor does it lend support to any alternative explanations.

* Yes, I know verlch has been pointed in that direction before, and to no avail. But there's always hope that with access to knowledge he might begin to transcend his ignorance. Unfortunately one must choose to acquire knowledge and then invest some effort into doing so, an effort which verlch seems unwilling to make at this time.
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  08:00:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message
V-man! Welcome back; I missed you. Love you too. Not convincing enough, though.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  09:52:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

quote:
Originally posted by beskeptigal

Take a look at verlch's signature. No, he doesn't use harsh language, but he intentionally insults people he doesn't agree with all the time.

I was reacting to this one in particular from Dude:
quote:
You only come here when you are off your meds, don't you? You should leave us a contact number for your physician so we can give him/her(forgot, you hate women) a call when you start posting.
I can understand comments about the level of discourse and foolish assumptions. But when we insult people on a more personal level, other people with minority viewpoints may well just decide not to post them. Some of the pro-Bush or pro-'anything but progressive' members over at JREF make frequent comments about my character when they have no substantial comments to rebut my political posts. It certainly chases people you don't agree with away.
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  10:16:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
V, buddy. Long time no see. Glad to have you back, bud.

The 1800's were dark days for anthropology. Around this time we had such scandals as the Cardiff Giant. However, there have been some giants uncovered. There are some walking amongst us now. The contition is called gigantism. This is caused by a hereditary defect in the pituitary gland or disturbance thereof. People towering over 7 feet tall (213 cm) are not uncommon with this condition.

And while great floods myths are common, when they appear in legend are different enough to suggest that these were local inundations exasorbated by eggageration. The world wide flood is unreasonable and unevidenced.

Of course, you will be undoubtably blaming a world wide coverup by those evil Illuminati Freemasons, right?

Seriously, V-man. Glad to have you back. We've missed you.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Antigone

44 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  11:45:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Antigone a Private Message
Verlch, one, scientists like myself do NOT believe or claim humans and every living creature created themselves out of nothing. Creationists are the ones who believe humans and other living things were created from nothing by some obscure being. Scientists recognise there was something which we evolved from, not nothing. And we certianly do not believe or claim living things created THEMSLVES ... as if they did it on or with purpose.

Two, I admit, in parts of the world there were floods ... in fact there still ARE floods. World wide at the same time within the last 6000 or even 1 million years? no. Can you imagine this, if people 2000 or 6000 years from now saw evidence in the earth of the 2004 Tsunami and then stumbled upon evidence of the flood in NO from Katrina .... Now imagine some religious group said, "Ha, evidence there was a world wide flood!"
There were and are floods, Ver, and there are written records of them. A note about written records: keep in mind when ancient writings or legends mention 'the world' they are talking about their immediate area or the KNOWN world to them. Also, keep in mind just because many cultures have written records of their whole area being flooded doesn't mean it was at the same time as other's floods and it was world wide.

Also, let me ask a question about Noah. How did he get to all the different continents to get all the animals he would have to get n order to rescue every kind of living thing on the earth? there are hundreds ... thousands .... of different species, some who live in only one part of the world ... how in the world did Noah do THAT?? And after the flood, how did he get them all BACK??

(edited to take out a typo that would have given a point i made a very different meaning)

Mortui non dolent
Edited by - Antigone on 09/29/2006 11:49:05
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.