Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

GK Paul
Skeptic Friend

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2006 :  05:18:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GK Paul a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by McQ

quote:
Originally posted by GK Paul

To Marfknox, I'm glad you spent so much time reading that Big Bang article. If you have any questions about the article it would probably be better to go to the "Reasons to Believe" Web site and read all of their many articles.

Actually I made that Big Bang Forum by mistake. I hit the New Topic Button instead of the Reply to Topic Button. Maybe the Holy Spirit wanted it in there for some reason. When I get the time I might go thru your detailed analysis more carefully. Its the type of post that will take a lot of time and thought to respond to. I'm still learning about the Big Bang Theory. But I'll tell you this; the more I read about it the more I realize just how little scientists understand what exactly went on during this inappropriately named "Big Bang" that wasn't even an explosion.

Well, if manners are important to you, as you claim, then would you please be so kind as to answer my question on the Big Bang? (it's still waiting patiently for you in that thread).

Thank you.

(notice I said "please" and "thank you")

I've answered your question for the second time. Its on page 4 of the Big Bang Forum in the Religion section.

"Something cannot come from nothing" -- Ken Tanaka - geologist

"The existence of a Being endowed with intelligence and wisdom is a necessary inference from a study of celestial mechanics" --Sir Isaac Newton

GK Paul
Go to Top of Page

GK Paul
Skeptic Friend

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  05:07:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GK Paul a Private Message
Well, the whole idea of this forum (originally) was that someone claimed Jesus was made up by Josephus. Josephus was said to be vain and was a traitor to his own people. Does it seem reasonable to believe that the following sayings and teachings were made up by a vain traitor.

http://www.teachingsofjesus-inhiswords.com/

"The existence of a Being endowed with intelligence and wisdom is a necessary inference from a study of celestial mechanics" --Sir Isaac Newton

GK Paul
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  05:09:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
quote:

Well, the whole idea of this forum (originally) was that someone claimed Jesus was made up by Josephus.
Who claimed that?

A link to that post please or I will call this a lie!

"Any religion that makes a form of torture into an icon that they worship seems to me a pretty sick sort of religion quite honestly"
-- Terry Jones
Edited by - Starman on 11/14/2006 05:38:38
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  06:03:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Starman

quote:

Well, the whole idea of this forum (originally) was that someone claimed Jesus was made up by Josephus.
Who claimed that?

A link to that post please!

Yes, GK Paul I would like to see that link as well. Most likely someone claimed that the words about Jesus in "The Testimonium Flavianum" were added at a later date. And those words were not used by any other early Christian writer until the early 4th century by Eusebius. Though it is not compelling evidence, 250 years of silence is interesting.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  00:46:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
[bump]
quote:
Originally calimed by GK Paul

So GK Paul, found a post with anyone claiming this yet? Or should we mark this down as another one of your lies for Jesus?

"Any religion that makes a form of torture into an icon that they worship seems to me a pretty sick sort of religion quite honestly"
-- Terry Jones
Go to Top of Page

McQ
Skeptic Friend

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  06:59:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send McQ a Private Message
quote:

Well, the whole idea of this forum (originally) was that someone claimed Jesus was made up by Josephus. Josephus was said to be vain and was a traitor to his own people. Does it seem reasonable to believe that the following sayings and teachings were made up by a vain traitor.

http://www.teachingsofjesus-inhiswords.com/

Here is another list of "traitors":

Thomas Jefferson
John Adams
John Hancock
Benjamin Franklin
Lyman Hall
Button Gwinnett
Benjamin Harrison
Samuel Adams

....oh yeah....and anyone else who happened to sign the Declaration of Independence. And anyone who participated in supporting those who did.

I sure as hell won't believe anything those lying, traitorous creeps said. Would you,GK? Especially John Adams. He was a pretty vain guy, from what I understand.

Get the point?

Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Gillette
Go to Top of Page

GK Paul
Skeptic Friend

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2006 :  01:46:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GK Paul a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by moakley

quote:

quote:

Who claimed that?

Yes, GK Paul I would like to see that link as well. Most likely someone claimed that the words about Jesus in "The Testimonium Flavianum" were added at a later date. And those words were not used by any other early Christian writer until the early 4th century by Eusebius. Though it is not compelling evidence, 250 years of silence is interesting.

Read the book and you'll get your answer. From my memory the ridiculous story states that the {traitor} Josephus wrote a lot of the New Testament in a effort to dupe his own people (he was a general in th Jewish army) into submitting to Roman rule. I've already shown in 4 posts on page 2 of Caesar Messiah Part 1 that the chronology was impossible. If you don't believe me read the confusing book yourself.

And the only credentials I can remember about the author of the book is that he was (or is) a small business owner in California. The great thing about America is that anybody with money can write a book.

GK Paul
Edited by - GK Paul on 11/28/2006 02:13:05
Go to Top of Page

GK Paul
Skeptic Friend

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2006 :  01:58:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GK Paul a Private Message
For the record, I currently don't reply to Half Mooner. Mc Q, Dave W.,Geemack, and Starman for personal attacks made against me "after" I requested that they cease. If any choose to apologize I will probably start responding to their posts if I get the time.

GK Paul
Go to Top of Page

Neurosis
SFN Regular

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2006 :  02:07:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Neurosis an AOL message Send Neurosis a Private Message
quote:

For the record, I currently don't reply to Half Mooner. Mc Q, Dave W.,Geemack, and Starman for personal attacks made against me "after" I requested that they cease. If any choose to apologize I will probably start responding to their posts if I get the time.

For the record "Na Na Na boo boo!!!" and "You all have cooties." (I, mind you, have taken my cooties shot.)

Facts! Pssh, you can prove anything even remotely true with facts.
- Homer Simpson

[God] is an infinite nothing from nowhere with less power over our universe than the secretary of agriculture.
- Prof. Frink

Lisa: Yes, but wouldn't you rather know the truth than to delude yourself for happiness?
Marge: Well... um.... [goes outside to jump on tampoline with Homer.]
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2006 :  02:18:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
quote:

I called you a liar because you have repeatedly posted things that is not true.

I called you a coward because you refuse to support your claims and invent various ludicrous reasons to dodge the questions that you are unable to answer. This "no reply list" of yours just proves that my "personal attack" was entirely justified.

You can pretend to ignore me all you want, but I will continue point out your errors, your lies and your hypocritical & cowardly behavior. My posts will still be available for all to see as well as your inability to support your assertions.

I will not hold a grudge though. Cease this childish behavior and my "personal attacks" will also cease. Then we can, even if we disagree, have a reasonable discussion.

-- Terry Jones
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2006 :  02:30:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
quote:

So GK Paul, here you have a opportunity to either support one of your claims or to show that my claim that you are a liar is correct.

Who made this claim and where?

(You can use the [Permalink] on top of the post to get the link.)

-- Terry Jones
Go to Top of Page

leoofno
Skeptic Friend

USA
346 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2006 :  08:19:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send leoofno a Private Message
quote:

quote:

So GK Paul, here you have a opportunity to either support one of your claims or to show that my claim that you are a liar is correct.

Who made this claim and where?

(You can use the [Permalink] on top of the post to get the link.)

I guess someone's gotta do the research...took me all of 10 minutes or so...

Turns out nobody ever said that Josephus made up Jesus. But...

According to CM (if I understand it correctly from its summary), the Romans invented the gospels based on the writings of Josephus. The Romans used his history of the Roman battles against the Jews to establish a history for Jesus that paralleled those events. An inside joke by the Romans, I guess. There is no suggestion, that I can see, that Josephus actually wrote any of the gospels.

Topos is the one who brought up the Josephus connection in this post:
http://www.skepticfriends.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4655#98205
He mentions the parallels between Josephus's history of the Jewish War and the history of Jesus. He did not say that Josephus wrote Jesus's history.

I think GKPaul misunderstood what was being said. However, I'm not sure anyone corrected him.

"If you're not terrified, you're not paying attention." Eric Alterman
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2006 :  08:56:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by leoofno

I guess someone's gotta do the research...took me all of 10 minutes or so...

Turns out nobody ever said that Josephus made up Jesus. But...
Thanks leoofno, for doing GK Pauls job for him!
quote:
I think GK Paul misunderstood what was being said. However, I'm not sure anyone corrected him.
Yes, and that would have been a perfectly good answer from GK Paul. He made a mistake. We all make them. GK Paul however did not own up to this mistake, just as he have been unable and unwilling to answer for his other mistakes/claims.

-- Terry Jones
Go to Top of Page

Neurosis
SFN Regular

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2006 :  14:24:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Neurosis an AOL message Send Neurosis a Private Message
I doubt he will even now actually.

Facts! Pssh, you can prove anything even remotely true with facts.
- Homer Simpson

[God] is an infinite nothing from nowhere with less power over our universe than the secretary of agriculture.
- Prof. Frink

Lisa: Yes, but wouldn't you rather know the truth than to delude yourself for happiness?
Marge: Well... um.... [goes outside to jump on tampoline with Homer.]
Go to Top of Page

McQ
Skeptic Friend

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2006 :  14:52:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send McQ a Private Message
quote:

Will someone tell GK Paul that he's hurting my feelings please?

Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Gillette
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds.