Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Piltdown
Skeptic Friend

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2002 :  03:05:49  Show Profile  Send Piltdown an AOL message  Send Piltdown a Yahoo! Message Send Piltdown a Private Message
Poll Question:
The nominations are in. From the literally millions of possible candidates, I have had to select 8. The process has necessarily been a little arbitrary. I have had to limit the nominations to individuals or to synergistic pairs of morons. For more discussion, see the earlier string below.

Edited by - piltdown on 01/08/2002 03:32:14

Results:

Poll Status: Locked  »»   Total Votes: 0 counted  »»   Last Vote: never 

PhDreamer
SFN Regular

USA
925 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2002 :  09:50:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit PhDreamer's Homepage Send PhDreamer a Private Message
I tried to gauge the degree of mental eye-rolling I did after reading each member of the list in order to make my selection. Falwell & Robertson rated a 360. 'Nuff said.

Adventure? Excitement? A Jedi craves not these things. - Silent Bob
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2002 :  10:14:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
I still got to go with Taliban Johnny. This noodnick, whom nobody ever heard of until they found his still-living (remarkable in it's self) carcass in the compound amongst the corpses.

I doubt if he really understands exactly what he's set himself up for. One way or another, he WILL be tried. If he's aquitted (unlikely, whatever the charges) or is released after a short sentence, his best bet will be to return to Pakistan because if he walks the streets here, some super-patriot imbecile will shoot him.

The others, as idioctic as they are, were smart enough to go not quite this far. The worst (best) that they will get is ridicule.

In fact, I got a good laugh out of all of them. Except Johnny.

f

The more I learn about people, the better I like rattlesnakes.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2002 :  10:19:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Oops. Forgot Osammy.

Let me add the ObL is anything but funny. But, he's got an organization and money, and is currently AWOL. This one is a madman who underestimated the reaction to his attack, but not an idiot.

f

The more I learn about people, the better I like rattlesnakes.
Go to Top of Page

rubysue
Skeptic Friend

USA
199 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2002 :  18:34:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send rubysue a Private Message
My goodness, talk about tough choices...

As I noted in my other post on this topic where you solicited inputs, Piltdown, there were so many worthy candidates that it would be nigh impossible to choose just one.

However, after a long deliberation, my vote goes for Bruce Nash, the cynical nitwit who had the unmitigated gall to elevate a long-festering, lunatic (sorry) and vicious conspiracy theory to prime time television and present it as "fact" to the drooling morons glued to the boob tube. I will never forgive the bottom-feeding programming heathens who decided to trash one of the greatest accomplishments of humanity (the Apollo program) in the name of viewer ratings, giving rise to addled, fevered pipermania across the internet and creating near-nervous breakdowns in those fragile sorts who grew up loving the space program (like me). I cried buckets of tears when the terrorist attacks happened on September 11 (and for days afterwards), but my hubby will tell you that I cried almost as hard after that piece of shit was aired and I had an "opportunity" to spend an evening reading the unbearable Fox Forum comments from gullible and stupid conspiracists. My outrage is still at a fevered pitch on this one...

As to the rest of the list, all are excellent choices. Falwell/Robertson are a close second, but they're such easy targets. I still absolutely loathe Noam "Secret Squirrel Talibanist" Chomsky and his foul influence (and I would love to see him get his own specially designed expedited military tribunal, but we don't operate that way in this country, as if the Gnome would notice). OBL is also an excellent choice, but he still hasn't been caught (or dug up), so the jury may be out on that one. Johnny Jihad Walker is the ultimate dupe (and dope). Gosh, it just goes on and on...

Can I vote eight times?

rubysue

If your head is wax, don't walk in the sun.

Go to Top of Page

James
SFN Regular

USA
754 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2002 :  19:02:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send James a Yahoo! Message Send James a Private Message
quote:
...if he walks the streets here, some super-patriot imbecile will shoot him.

How much you want to bet the person who does this will either not be convicted or be given a light sentence?

quote:
Can I vote eight times?

Sure! Just toss your cookies. No, really, just delete the SFN cookies from your computer. Yes, you do have to login again, but you can vote again.

"Necessity may be the mother of invention, but laziness is usually the father." -Bailey's First Law
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2002 :  19:14:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:

I still got to go with Taliban Johnny.

Since I don't know of all the people on that list I also picked this the ex-patriot.
It is pretty funny the choices he made to get to where he is.
I still think Geo. Bush is a big moron for various reason, the least of which is that he appears to be uneducated. If he'd only learn how to speak proper English I might have a better opinion of him.
I don't think Bin Laden is a moron at all. He has a cause that he strongly believes in and he's fighthing for it. Does that make him a moron just because others don't agree with him?

Rap Crap is to music what Paint by Numbers is to art.
Go to Top of Page

Donnie B.
Skeptic Friend

417 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2002 :  19:29:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Donnie B. a Private Message
I voted for the tag team of Falwell and Robertson.

bin Laden isn't a moron, though he was certainly the only appropriate choice for man of the year (shame on you, Time Magazine!)

The other choices are pretty much blips on the radar screen, although I understand rubysue's feelings about the Fox moon-hoax travesty.

But F and R represent a very large and very real threat: those who wilfully and maliciously reject rationality and enlightenment. And they don't do it just to make a buck -- they're crusaders, committed to their idiocy. And they have more followers by far than Osama does, in the US at least.

They're not just morons, they're scary morons.

-- Donnie B.

Brian: "No, no! You have to think for yourselves!" Crowd: "Yes! We have to think for ourselves!"
Go to Top of Page

Dr Shari
Skeptic Friend

135 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2002 :  18:16:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dr Shari a Private Message
So far the intelligent people have voted. I am sorry that I have to pick on Falwell and Robertson as they are just a symptom of a much greater disease in this country.
But everyone nominated should be proud to have been picked when there were so many morons to choose from.
As for Taliban Johnny just leave him where he is and let him rot in a Third World Prison. Bringing him back to the USA is much too good a punishment for him.

Go to Top of Page

ljbrs
SFN Regular

USA
842 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2002 :  19:25:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ljbrs a Private Message
I voted, but all of the idiots on the list deserved the title.

ljbrs

"Nothing is more damaging to a new truth than an old error." Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Piltdown
Skeptic Friend

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2002 :  09:12:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Piltdown an AOL message  Send Piltdown a Yahoo! Message Send Piltdown a Private Message
It appears that Falwell and Robertson will be the hands down winners, though we will continue to accept votes.
I voted for someone else, but these two are an appropriate choice over all. We can all feel better about ourselves now, as we should, since they represent a genuine threat to human survival in their potential to create a theocratic regime. Noam Chomsky and his Hate America cult could draw a few hundred thousand supporters from the ranks of authoritarian elitists, but they have no capacity to influence the proletariat. Robertson and Falwell, on the other hand, have millions of devoted followers, and they already exercise real power in this country. There are millions more who could join them under the right circumstances, for example, a perceived defeat in the terror war. They are not the most moronic or the most obnoxious of the nominees, but they probably are the most dangerous.

Abducting UFOs and conspiring against conspiracy theorists since 1980.
Go to Top of Page

Xev
Skeptic Friend

USA
329 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2002 :  14:04:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Xev an ICQ Message Send Xev a Private Message
Oooh! Isn't there an 'all of the above'? I voted for bin Liner 'cause I hate him the most, but.....Ann Coulter and Falwell and Robertson were hard to resist. And then, to make things harder, you added Chomsky! Talk about difficult decisions!

Hi guys, nice site you have here. I stumbled upon it trying to look up some obscure reference a creationist gave me.

(Pretend this is a witty Latin phrase, okay?)
Go to Top of Page

Trish
SFN Addict

USA
2102 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2002 :  14:31:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Trish a Private Message
Welcome Xev.

Yeah, had to go for Falwell and Robertson myself. They are the most dangerous.

There is no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. It underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've known. Sagan
Go to Top of Page

Lisa
SFN Regular

USA
1223 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2002 :  18:50:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Lisa a Private Message
Xev, you're right. There should be an "all of the above". What a rich and deserving field.
I went with a dark horse, Jack Brock. The man lives in this country (USA), enjoys all of our freedoms, yet wishes to quash these same freedoms. A fine example of sloppy, muddled thinking.
Lisa

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.
Go to Top of Page

Badger
Skeptic Friend

Canada
257 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2002 :  19:42:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Badger a Private Message
I gotta go with Osama.

He elicits the biggist "Man, that was a really stupid thing to do" reaction from me. He probably won't survive to repeat any past errors, so his is the biggest moronic faux pas of the year.

The rest, while still flaming morons on a level all their own, will live to be moronic in the future too. They will perpetuate their moronosity and suck others into their black hole of dimwittedness. This elicits a "Holy SHIT! He's got a gun!" response from me, as the danger continues. Obviously a smarter set of morons than the moron who took himself out of the gene pool.

That's just my 2 cents (1.2 cents american)

Just because we're hypnotized, that don't mean we can't dance. - Tonio K.
Go to Top of Page

Snake
SFN Addict

USA
2511 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2002 :  21:42:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Snake's Homepage  Send Snake an ICQ Message  Send Snake a Yahoo! Message Send Snake a Private Message
quote:

Xev, you're right. There should be an "all of the above". What a rich and deserving field.
I went with a dark horse, Jack Brock

Damn, this is so frustrating, reading these posts and not knowing who Brock, Chomsky and Coulter are.
People in general are fucking morons, why single out a few names of people, some of which are not known all over anyway?

Rap Crap is to music what Paint by Numbers is to art.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.