But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Edited by - Gorgo on 10/30/2006 09:36:28

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2006 :  04:51:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Gorgo

Someone said, "What is the NED?"

Found a link that I hadn't seen before:

http://www.mediatransparency.org/recipientprofile.php?recipientID=251

Looks to me like a pretty foul bunch of scumbags.

I wonder if our government will ever be anything other than corrupt, and despair that it never will.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  02:14:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
And people doubt there's been any similar interference in free and fair elections here.
Go to Top of Page

Orwellingly Yurz
SFN Regular

USA
529 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  17:06:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Orwellingly Yurz a Private Message
YO: NED? Sheeeiiiit!

Sounds like the usual rightwing, reactionary, neo-Christian
assholes who've just about totally fucked-up OUR democracy while they're (Ha Ha!) spreading "democracy" in other countries as effectively as G. War is in Iraq.

Vin Weber! Give me a break! The only other person on NED's roster that would make it more blatant as to what these jerk-offs do would be if Ollie North were listed as Sergeant-At-Arms of the group. And maybe, if John Negroponte were NED's Death Squad Leader.

Such people wouldn't know democracy if it bit them on their blackberry.

OY!

"The modern conservative...is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy. That is the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
--John Kenneth Galbraith

If dogs run free
Then what must be,
Must be...
And that is all
--Bob Dylan

The neo-cons have gotten welfare for themselves down to a fine art.
--me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, but not the mineral rights."
--J. Paul Getty

"The great thing about Art isn't what it give us, but what we become through it."
--Oscar Wilde

"We have Art in order not to die of life."
--Albert Camus

"I cling like a miser to the freedom I lose when surrounded by an abundance of things."
--Albert Camus

"Experience is the name so many people give to their mistakes."
--Oscar Wilde
Go to Top of Page

Orwellingly Yurz
SFN Regular

USA
529 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  17:26:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Orwellingly Yurz a Private Message
YO! One more thing on NED. Read this...

http://wonkette.com/politics/war/freedom-on-the-march-209861.php

Now...(OY sez)...this is the kind of "democracy" that the NED folks are tryin' to spread. This is just another way of saying "fuck the flow of information!"

I ran into this surfing to www.rawstory.com

OY!

"The modern conservative...is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy. That is the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
--John Kenneth Galbraith

If dogs run free
Then what must be,
Must be...
And that is all
--Bob Dylan

The neo-cons have gotten welfare for themselves down to a fine art.
--me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, but not the mineral rights."
--J. Paul Getty

"The great thing about Art isn't what it give us, but what we become through it."
--Oscar Wilde

"We have Art in order not to die of life."
--Albert Camus

"I cling like a miser to the freedom I lose when surrounded by an abundance of things."
--Albert Camus

"Experience is the name so many people give to their mistakes."
--Oscar Wilde
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  03:43:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
I don't know what the present ratio is, but the NED and it's organizations consist of Republicans and Democrats.

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Edited by - Gorgo on 10/26/2006 03:44:48
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  05:32:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
More on Carl Gershman, the prez of NED.

http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/1199

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  12:26:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message
quote:

Someone said, "What is the NED?"

Found a link that I hadn't seen before:

http://www.mediatransparency.org/recipientprofile.php?recipientID=251

You could have just defined the acronym and posted this link:

http://www.ned.org/

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  15:07:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
Maybe someone with a computer that has access to a search engine could do that for you. I'm not interested in what they say about themselves.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Edited by - Gorgo on 10/26/2006 15:08:44
Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  06:29:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message
quote:

Maybe someone with a computer that has access to a search engine could do that for you. I'm not interested in what they say about themselves.

LOL - Nobody has to do it for me, silly. I did it and posted it. BTW, their web site says a lot of nice things about them.

I just meant that rather than dredging up the obscure link and never actually saying what the acronym meant, you could have defined it. Much more straight forward, you know?

-Chaloobi

Edited by - chaloobi on 10/27/2006 06:30:38
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  09:50:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
quote:
I just meant that rather than dredging up the obscure link and never actually saying what the acronym meant, you could have defined it. Much more straight forward, you know?

I didn't do very well, did I?

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  10:10:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message
quote:

quote:

Don't take it so hard. We should all strive to do better, regardless of past performance.

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  11:39:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
And, in the spirit of teaching one another, it seems rude to me for someone to say what I should have done. If you think something is missing, post it. If something is unclear, ask. I am not a professional, here, just a guy, and I've never made any special claims of brilliance. I don't get paid for this, and don't feel obliged to get everything perfect, and I see no one here who does.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  12:42:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message
quote:

And, in the spirit of teaching one another, it seems rude to me for someone to say what I should have done. If you think something is missing, post it. If something is unclear, ask. I am not a professional, here, just a guy, and I've never made any special claims of brilliance. I don't get paid for this, and don't feel obliged to get everything perfect, and I see no one here who does.

Huh, well you're also very sensitive.

For the record, I thought your comment:
quote:
was either:

A. Very dry, deadpan humor

or

B. Very odd.

So, giving you the benefit of the doubt, I responded with humor in kind, assuming it was A. Now, unfortunately, I see it was B and will proceed accordingly in the future.

Regarding your followup comment, the one quoted at top, I found it oddly hypersensitive. So, please let me explain, just for fun, where my series of posts, up 'til now, were coming from, as I think there's been some kind of communication disconnect.

First, I was the one that asked you what NED was in response to a post you made to my Iraq Plan thread. I had also asked you not to hijack that thread with discussion about criminal activities of the past two administrations. So out of courtesy, I assume, you started this thread to explain what the NED was.

But it struck me as very odd that:

A. You didn't just say NED = The National Endowment for Democracy with a brief description of why you think they're Satan's servants and leave it at that. No new thread necessary, really.

B. Why you instead made this thread with an oblique link to some underhanded thing they were allegedly involved in and still did not even a post a definition of what the acronymn stands for is, IMHO, a mystery.

C. And then these even more odd "poor me" responses to my original post in this thread.....<sigh> it just leaves me scratching my head.

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  16:01:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message
It was humor. And your characterization of my comments as "poor me" seem rude. Since you felt close enough to me to teach me by telling me what I should do, I felt close enough to tell you that your comments could be taken as an attack. If that's how you want to be seen, and want to call me sensitive for thinking that, that's your business. Just don't expect me to care much about what you think I 'should' do, when you don't seem to care much about what I think you 'should' do.

But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Edited by - Gorgo on 10/27/2006 16:03:33
Go to Top of Page

chaloobi
SFN Regular

1620 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  16:21:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send chaloobi a Yahoo! Message Send chaloobi a Private Message
quote:

It was humor. And your characterization of my comments as "poor me" seem rude. Since you felt close enough to me to teach me by telling me what I should do, I felt close enough to tell you that your comments could be taken as an attack. If that's how you want to be seen, and want to call me sensitive for thinking that, that's your business. Just don't expect me to care much about what you think I 'should' do, when you don't seem to care much about what I think you 'should' do.

Are you always like this???

-Chaloobi

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.