More About the War President
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Orwellingly Yurz
SFN Regular

USA
529 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2006 :  19:49:30  Show Profile Send Orwellingly Yurz a Private Message
YO! Just THIS In...

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/ExHussein_political_adviser_claims_Iraq_accepted_1030.html

Orwellingly Yurz sez: I was surfing across cable channels last evening and noticed a History Channel type program (not necessarily the History Channel, but something like it). Anyway, the theme of the program was a comparison of tactics used by Saddam and Hitler.
I didn't watch it. I get enough war news from right here in the fall of 2006 to be enticed to watch vintage, black and white footage of conflicts gone by.

But after reading the linked story above, which I found at rawstory, I was thinking maybe someone should put together historic battle film and video and produce a television program that compares George W. Bush's tactics with those of Adolf Hitler.

I hasten to add that, I think that Saddam is an asshole, just like so many other loud-mouthed, bellicose demogogues of yesterday and today. It's required to mention that one doesn't like Saddam, every time, since some of the other assholes who aren't Saddam are so quick to accuse one of being a terrorist.

And some people wonder why this nation is so divided as we go into the mid-term elections.

OY!

"The modern conservative...is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy. That is the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
--John Kenneth Galbraith

If dogs run free
Then what must be,
Must be...
And that is all
--Bob Dylan

The neo-cons have gotten welfare for themselves down to a fine art.
--me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, but not the mineral rights."
--J. Paul Getty

"The great thing about Art isn't what it give us, but what we become through it."
--Oscar Wilde

"We have Art in order not to die of life."
--Albert Camus

"I cling like a miser to the freedom I lose when surrounded by an abundance of things."
--Albert Camus

"Experience is the name so many people give to their mistakes."
--Oscar Wilde

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2006 :  20:17:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Fascinating article, OY! If even a fifth of Hossam Shaltout's story is true, it's yet more evidence that our President not only ignored everything that that was contrary to his foregone decision to go to war, but that his Administration actively ignored and suppressed an actual capitulation by Saddam.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.