Creation/Evolution
 Atheist South Park Conclusion
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2006 :  06:54:26  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
quote:
Man I love me some South Park, the Equal Opportunity Offender and Skeptic Champion.

This week is the first part of a 2-part evolution/atheism episode.
It has two story lines as usual, the first is Mrs. Garrison the transexual who is teaching the Hovindesque evolution ideal, i.e. 'Monkies having sex with retarded frogs to create humans'. This causes the school to bring in Mr. Dawkins to teach and Mrs. Garrison will assist. Dawkins is clearly attracted to Garrison and he switches Garrison into a Spaghetti Monster idealist, they procede to have disgusting trannie/gay sex.

The second story is about how Cartman cannot wait three weeks for the new Nintendo (this hit close to home) and he devises a way to time travel via freezing himself so that he can wake up and start playing. After convincing Butters to bury him in the snow he freezes and then is buried in an avalanch of snow. After being thawed out in the year 2546 he finds out that the world is ruled by atheists and they dont play video games anymore. A second group of atheists bursts in and they begin fighting, spouting things like "What in the name of Science!" and "Science, Save us!" So the second group of warring atheists wins and takes the time child(cartman) and are interrupted again by a broadcast of a third group, the Atheist Alliance, which is a group of super intelligent sea otter atheists hell bent on taking the time child.

"Im gonna crack your head open like a clam on my stomach!"

So this weeks episode starts with Cartman in the future fooling the Allied Atheist Alliance(Super intelligent Sea Otters) into retreiving the last Nintendo from a museum, he then returns to the United Atheist League to try to play it. The three Atheist groups are warring over "The great question" and all believe that they have the logical answer and are therefor are the true Atheists, The Sea Otters think the others are illogical for useing tables when they have perfectly good stomachs to eat on...also all three worship Richard Dawkins and his wife Mrs. Garrison.

When he discovers that the new TVs wont work with the old video game input cables Cartman tries to change the past by using a "Prank call the past toy" but of course his old self is a total asshole and doesnt listen to himself... Eventually a great war breaks out between the three Atheist Groups and Cartman learns what the great question is..."What should we call the atheists?" (A knock on the silly Brights issue) The Otters think they are most logical because their name has three A's...Eventually Cartman calls Dawkins and tells him that Mr Garrison was a man, which freaks Dawkins out and changes the future, where all the People now beleive that no one answer is sufficient for any question and the alliances and the otters get along. "So theirs no more war?" Cartman asks. "No those bastard French-Chinese are trying to claim Hawaii!", They send cartman back to his own time where he melds with his other self and finds that they sent him too far back and he has to wait even longer for the Nintendo to come out...

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2006 :  07:01:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
Southpark is great

This one was swinging at Dawkins. I can see where they would get the impression that Dawkins thinks religion is the cause of societal ills, even though he doesn't(just some of them). No one I know seriously thinks that if religion were eliminated tomorrow that war and other things like it would just go away.

The South Park guys usually have a better understanding of the issues and people they are making fun of.

It was still pretty funny though.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2006 :  07:47:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message
I thought it was more about how nobody has all the answers so we should stop pretending like we do...

My favorite part... Future man cursing "Science H. Logic!"

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.