Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  22:08:59  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Bush redirects focus of Iraq study panel

(BP) President Bush, along with Vice President Dick Cheney, National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, met in the White House with the Iraq Study Group panel for the first time Monday.

President Bush meets
with Iraq Study Group.

The panel was established to come up with fresh ideas for dealing with the seemingly intractable Iraq situation. The bipartisan Iraq Study Group is co-chaired by James Baker, Secretary of State under George Herbert Walker Bush, and former Democratic Representative Lee Hamilton of Indiana, who once was Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee.

The blue-ribbon panel includes other such notables as Lawrence Eagleburger, another former Secretary of State under the President's father, Vernon Jordan Jr., former advisor to Bill Clinton, Edwin Meese, Attorney General under Ronald Reagan, Sandra Day O'Connor, retired Supreme Court justice, Leon Panetta, former Chief of Staff to Clinton, William Perry, Secretary of Defense under Clinton, Charles Robb, former Virginia Governor and US Senator, and Alan Simpson, former Senator from Wyoming.

"I'm not going to prejudgificate this report," Mr. Bush said as he sat down with the panel. "But I am the Postjudgificator."

The President then began to read the special large-print, one-page summary written especially for him. Twenty minutes later, Mr. Bush laid the paper down and looked across the table.

"This here looks like a list of ideas for getting the US out of Iraqistan. Well, that's real nice, but I don't need this kind of horseshit! I need a plan for keeping me, Dick, Rummy, Karl, Condi, and Alberto out of prison, come 2009! Now you folks hightail it outta my house, and don't darken my door until you got me some of what I really need!"

No further meetings of the President with the Iraq Study Group have yet been announced by either the White House or the panel.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 11/13/2006 22:14:57
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds.