Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  03:51:16  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Hippies square off, then wander off

Bearsquat, Oregon, November 17, 2006 (UHP) -- What a long, strange trip it's been. But the road junction is just ahead, and the Hippies are going their separate ways after over forty years of peace, love, and harmony.

"Like," one disillusioned Hippie explained, "there's all these far-out dudes and chicks, you know? And some of them are into, like, that kind of stuff, but others of them are like, into doing their own thing, see, man? Bad vibes, like. So that's what I'm talking about, man. Bummer."

Tensions came to a head late this summer at the annual international Hippy gathering in Oregon, when one faction, the Rainbow Children, formed a tight, square phalanx, and the other faction then linked hands in an encircling formation. Only the fact that the encirclement maneuver missed the phalanx by the distance of a single Frisbee throw prevented actual violence.

A close call in the Battle of Bearsquat: Hippy factions nearly come to blows.

Waterfall Patchouli, the spokeswoman for one faction, stated her group's views. "We Rainbow Children are into nature worship, free love, use of recreational herbs, and the selfless sharing of all food and material things with our Brothers and Sisters. But those people," she nodded across a muddy field toward the opposing faction, "are just a gang of neo-primitives, who like to fuck, smoke weed, and generally mooch off one another. What kind of shit is that?"

Across the clearing, Jimmy "Hacky" Slack, leader of the opposing Sunny Tribe, had a strongly contrasting viewpoint. "We're a real groovy bunch of dudes and chicks, man. All we want from the Cosmos is to be able to lay down our thanks to Mother Nature, make sweet love like free people, fire up some doobies, and reject this whole fucked-up private property thing, man." Slack continued, "Those dudes, they got it all backwards, like. They squander all of Nature's bounty, fuck like rabbits, get stoned all the time, and act as though anything they see is theirs. What a bunch of squares. And they can't even see what they've become, man."

Within hours, the two factions themselves were breaking up into smaller and smaller bickering sub-groups. The Hippies began to leave the encampment in ones and twos.

The hard feelings and deep philosophical differences seem to doom any chance of a future Hippy reunion. One Hippy shouted to another who was packing his VW minibus: "See you in the next life, asshole! And I'll be ready for you with a flyswatter!"

"This," said one young lady sadly, "could be the end of organized Hippydom."

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 11/17/2006 06:22:56

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  05:38:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
I hope no one ate the brown acid.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  06:11:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Thanks, Moak. I'm still just as glad now as I was then that I missed Woodstock. I remember all the horror stories from the returning celebrants. Those turned to nostalgia within weeks, though. Nobody wanted to sound uncool about the great event.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.